View Poll Results: Who's The Better Character?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman

64 48.48%
  • Wolverine

68 51.52%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I prefer my heroes not be jerk to everyone, including the people that are supposed to be their friends.

At least Wolverine is capable of basic human emotion. How often do you see batman smile, laugh, or enjoy himself?
    Wolverine can be a real a-hole, and when he's in a-hole mode he's one of the best (worst) there is. When Batman acts like a jerk to his friends -telling his JL buddies to go to their cities instead of butting into his missions- he's right, considering all the crap they normally have to deal with.

Batman shows plenty of emotion, and knows how to handle his mood in situations where he needs to stay in control of himself.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I guess this thread has passed through the "I can't choose, they're both awesome" period and moved on the "My favorite is better because your favorite sucks" stage.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Unlike Batman, Wolverine drinks and smokes too. Hahaha.
    Lol. Yeah that and his approach to fighting. Batman is all like "I have to save the Joker and have a plan to beat all of my team mates just in case." It's like Dude-priorities,value system...yeesh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Imagine all the people who'd still be alive if Joker was a Wolverine villain. If only Batman had the conviction to kill his enemies instead of allowing them to murder again and again.
    Batman has attempted to kill the Joker in the comics quite a few times but he’s always stopped by someone usually appealing to his conscience.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Well, there is a remote chance that I'll buy something Wolverine-related.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Unlike Batman, Wolverine drinks and smokes too. Hahaha.
    Depends from one's point of view. Smoking and drinking is bad. They simply look cool and are wildly over rated in my humble opinion.

Imagine all the people who'd still be alive if Joker was a Wolverine villain. If only Batman had the conviction to kill his enemies instead of allowing them to murder again and again.
    I think a ghost Joker would be much scarier then a living one. Ghosts do exist in DC universe. He does not kill because then villains would die. And that's bad for (DC's) business. Even those saying he should kill Joker would not like that. What happens next is why he does not kill? Any explanation would do fine.

Batman is awesome because he wants to cure his enemies who are not right in their head. Wolverine technique is not bad either. But i thought he does not fight crime. Rather to protect humanity and mutants. Its different from fighting crime and killing can be justified for Wolverine just as Batman's no kill rule.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-27-2018 at 11:49 AM.

I love that. Thanks for posting.

It speaks to the versatility of the character that he works both like this as well as this.

Even a Lego figure.

Can't say the same for Wolverine who happens to be an awesome character too. Love them both but love Batman more.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-27-2018 at 11:39 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Batman has attempted to kill the Joker in the comics quite a few times but he’s always stopped by someone usually appealing to his conscience.
    I wonder how many people would still be alive if Wolverine had let Rachel kill Selene. But nope, he had to stab her into stopping.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I wonder how many people would still be alive if Wolverine had let Rachel kill Selene. But nope, he had to stab her into stopping.
    I'm just speculating here....

How many people would still be alive over the decades (in Marvel time) if Wolverine was really the best at what he does, and put down Sabretooth?

I would imagine Victor Creed might at least have an equal kill count as the Joker. And with his extended life span, Creed might actually be a more prolific killer.

I know Marvel finally did a story where Wolverine finally did the deed, but look at the bodies left behind, plus Creed came back.

Joker & Creed are two villains writers can't get rid of.

How many people would still be alive over the decades (in Marvel time) if Wolverine was really the best at what he does, and put down Sabretooth?
    It's not for lack of effort.

Also, Wolverine has killed Sabretooth ... he got better.

Extraordinary Member

It's not for lack of effort.

Also, Wolverine has killed Sabretooth ... he got better.
    I mentioned that in my post.

The early appeal of Creed was that he could defeat Wolverine, one on one, any given day.

The other thing: why Logan never assembled a team of cutthroats solely to hunt down Creed, if he could not do so solo?

Like I said, Logan literally had decades to do this. Logan could have his team ready on any of his birthdays, when he knew Creed would be stalking him.

Logan has the same plot holes as Batman for not eliminating their worst enemies.

BANNED

I wondered why Wolvie is so high. But then I remembered the rule about successful people...

I prefer my heroes not be jerk to everyone, including the people that are supposed to be their friends.

At least Wolverine is capable of basic human emotion. How often do you see batman smile, laugh, or enjoy himself?
    For Batman and introverts like us. Work, accomplishment and creativity is his enjoyment. There's no better fun. And I mentioned this on the BMMB, but I would rather be around a serious person like Batman who is honest and will be there for me when times get tough. Than some happy 'jolly' insincere person who flakes out on me when ties get tough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I wondered why Wolvie is so high. But then I remembered the rule about successful people...

For Batman and introverts like us. Work, accomplishment and creativity is his enjoyment. There's no better fun. And I mentioned this on the BMMB, but I would rather be around a serious person like Batman who is honest and will be there for me when times get tough. Than some happy 'jolly' insincere person who flakes out on me when ties get tough.
    Batman doesn't really have a good history of being there for his loved ones, or being honest.

BANNED

^^^^^

Whereas Wolverine usually comes through for those he loves.

Edit: Also, Wolverine is a bit of a recluse(maybe even a misanthrope depending on the writer). He values solitude and privacy. Definitely not a jolly guy.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 01-28-2018 at 06:42 PM.