Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Valiant

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Can you get the full Valiant story by just getting the dlx’s or are there a lot of stuff that has only been collected in trades, I’m on the fence about getting the classic omnibuses, I remember loving them, especially Windsor-Smith on A & A bit I’m not sure how it holds up
    The first Eternal Warrior series and the subsequent mini were never deluxed. More glaringly, there was never a second Unity Deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    The first Eternal Warrior series and the subsequent mini were never deluxed. More glaringly, there was never a second Unity Deluxe.
    A bit strange then that they all pretty much sell out that they were never released and with Wraith of the Eternal Warrior coming soon we will now probably never get the first series in Deluxe

Do imperium, Savage and Britannia have enough issues to Have there own DLX’s?
    Imperium does for sure. I think there were 16 issues. Savage and Britannia were only 4 issues, but they've made 4 issue deluxes for Divinity vol 1 and The Valiant.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Do imperium, Savage and Britannia have enough issues to Have there own DLX’s?
    Imperium for sure as it's 16 issues.
    There are 2 4issue Britannia minis at 8 issues. They could as they have done 2 Deluxes out of 4 issue material (1st Divinity and upcoming Secret Weapons).
    Savage is only 4 issues and while liked by most I doubt sees a deluxe. Curious what the followup to that is going to be.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

A bit strange then that they all pretty much sell out that they were never released and with Wraith of the Eternal Warrior coming soon we will now probably never get the first series in Deluxe
    IIRC the first Eternal Warrior series wasn't well received and it was cancelled quickly. It's the lack of a Unity vol. 2 that really surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Love VALIANT. They are an underrated publisher of one of the few interconnected "super hero" universes out there. I say super hero in quotes cause it doesn't out right function exactly like Marvel or DC, but in places it does.
    There is actually more than a few interconnected superhero universes. Especially from the 90's Others know ones would be Malibu and Milestone and while Malibu was brought by Marvel (so that DC wouldn't and get the marked share) and DC brought Milestone they started out as independent universes (Milestone was printed by DC though). WildStorm would be another universe however also later brought by DC. In the golden age there was also quite a few Charlton, Quality comics and Fawcett comics (all brought by DC). There is quite the pattern here.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^^
    I know there are more, hence why I said "one of the few interconnected....", it was not relevant to mention others cause the OP is specifically asking about VALIANT.
    All you did was dovetail into other universes that are now wholly owned by DC that do not contribute to the OPs question of what does VALIANT specifically have to offer that is not Marvel or DC.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

So is Imperium a direct follow up to Harbinger? And I know (from reading on here) that the ceo responds to questions via twitter (which I don’t use) has anyone asked him if Imperium (or a Unity vol 2) dlx is something we will ever see?
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 01-19-2018 at 12:23 PM.

So is Imperium a direct follow up to Harbinger? And I know (from reading on here) that the ceo responds to questions via twitter (which I don’t use) has anyone asked him if Imperium (or a Unity vol 2) dlx is something we will ever see?
    Yes, it's a direct follow up but the main focus is shifted to Harada.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^^^
    I know there are more, hence why I said "one of the few interconnected....", it was not relevant to mention others cause the OP is specifically asking about VALIANT.
    All you did was dovetail into other universes that are now wholly owned by DC that do not contribute to the OPs question of what does VALIANT specifically have to offer that is not Marvel or DC.
    Relax there is no reason to be up in arms. My only point was there has over the years been more than few interconnected superhero universes. Whatever they are active or not is not really relevant those old stories and universe can still be read and enjoyed. The only reason I mention other universes was to prove there is other comic universes besides Valiant. It was not to say Valiant is unimportant just there has been have several interconnected universes in history of comics.

Is there a chance there will be a bigger Faith DLX down the road? As I don’t want another Divinty where I buy a slim dlx only for them to release a larger one later, is Faith an ongoing or mini?

Is there a chance there will be a bigger Faith DLX down the road? As I don’t want another Divinty where I buy a slim dlx only for them to release a larger one later, is Faith an ongoing or mini?
    Faith is ongoing. And I hope they will do a bigger DLX.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Faith is ongoing. And I hope they will do a bigger DLX.
    Excellent, you have saved me some money

Excellent, you have saved me some money
    I have the first ohc. It was a gift. To me, if they keap launching it like this, I'll probably switch to tpb. I love ohc, but not this thin for an ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I have the first ohc. It was a gift. To me, if they keap launching it like this, I'll probably switch to tpb. I love ohc, but not this thin for an ongoing series.
    Same here, seems like they test the waters with some titles as they aren’t sure if they will sell well enough as bigger dlx’s especially with the price increase