Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Valiant

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I've got the same dilemma. And what's another thing for me is the change of management etc. I don't know what the future of Valiant is going to be. So should I skip it and sell my collection or continue my collection and add this one to it?
    I did think the same, but I enjoy them so much I’ll keep collecting

I've got the same dilemma. And what's another thing for me is the change of management etc. I don't know what the future of Valiant is going to be. So should I skip it and sell my collection or continue my collection and add this one to it?
    Just because of the change in management why would you sell your collection? Those stories are still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just because of the change in management why would you sell your collection? Those stories are still good.
    I know. But what follows can be not so good. And knowing myself as being a completist I can better sell everything.

I know. But what follows can be not so good. And knowing myself as being a completist I can better sell everything.
    If they did stop producing comics, you could be a completist and own everything they ever made.

He’ll, I may even get xo 3??? Whichever one was in Armor hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    If they did stop producing comics, you could be a completist and own everything they ever made.

He’ll, I may even get xo 3??? Whichever one was in Armor hunters
    Ok, ok. I'm not that big a completist then, because Armor Hunters is enough

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Need some advice! I had the thin Divinity deluxe but sold it because I've found the execution lackluster but the premise was interesting. Also it felt like an isolated story so on top of it being rushed and mediocre it was irrelevant too.
    So with that in mind do you think I would enjoy the other two minis more and maybe reevaluate the first one if I buy this new Complete hardcover or just save the money and skip it?
    The two followup Divinity stories do make for a richer story. I didn't find it rushed so our mileage varies on that point. The second followup focus is on Myshka, the second of the 3 Cosmonauts sent up. The third is how Myshka is still mentally unbalanced from the ordeal and the third Cosmonaut, Kazim makes an appearance. Myshka reshapes reality to a future where Soviet Russia conquers the world.
    The follow-up to this trilogy is the just completed Eternity mini-series which itself is set up for a continuation.
    I'd buy it and if you don't like it you can sell it, probably for a profit. Since nearly all the VEI Deluxes sellout and they are only just now testing the market on reprints.

So the change in management suddenly makes the existing material unenjoyable? Fact is no one knows what the future holds, long term anyway. In the short term the publishing side is going to have two main guys in place from the Dinesh era. While it's true the new owners want to pimp out the IPs for TV/Movie rights they've also stated they are not seeking to make changes to the publishing side. Leaving that alone to essentially operate as a silo in their New York offices while the TV/Movie side of wrangling will be in L.A.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Have you ever read superhero comics? Even stuff like Authority, it was amazing with Ellis, still pretty good under Millar and then just blah after that. I still love the Ellis stuff. There are countless examples in superhero comics. I won't sell my Morrison JLA run because Waid was lackluster after that.

Have you ever read superhero comics? Even stuff like Authority, it was amazing with Ellis, still pretty good under Millar and then just blah after that. I still love the Ellis stuff. There are countless examples in superhero comics. I won't sell my Morrison JLA run because Waid was lackluster after that.
    Haha. I know. That's why I don't read superhero stuff anymore.

Haha. I know. That's why I don't read superhero stuff anymore.
    I don't really have a problem with them, if a run is good it's good and I leave when the writer does. Astonishing X-men, JLA, New X-men, Runaways etc etc. They all have sort of open endings but have closures too. Continuity doesn't bother me either, I enjoy catching up via dialogue and recaps, did that a lot when I was reading comics as a kid so I'm used to it.

Need some advice! I had the thin Divinity deluxe but sold it because I've found the execution lackluster but the premise was interesting. Also it felt like an isolated story so on top of it being rushed and mediocre it was irrelevant too.
    So with that in mind do you think I would enjoy the other two minis more and maybe reevaluate the first one if I buy this new Complete hardcover or just save the money and skip it?
    I felt the same way about the first volume of Divinity. Lots of potential, but it felt like it didn't go anywhere.

The second volume is more of the same, but the third volume (Stalinverse) is where it gets interesting. I'd suggest you buy it, and, as others have said, if you end up not liking it you can sell it for a profit after it goes out of print.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Has anyone brought thr Harbinger Wars Compendium? Would love to see some pics/video but i cant find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Has anyone brought thr Harbinger Wars Compendium? Would love to see some pics/video but i cant find anything.
    You still want pictures of this? I recently got my copy.

Any more rumours on where the company is heading?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hey everyone, I have the Venditti X-O run and loved it. Is the current run as good as that?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    You still want pictures of this? I recently got my copy.
    That would be great. I am still not sure if i want to buy the compendiums on release or wait until they announce some more before i dive in.