Default Frank Miller Returns To The World Of '300'

https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...For-Dark-Horse

Dark Horse is proud to reveal art from Xerxes: The Fall of the House of Darius and the Rise of Alexander, the highly anticipated companion to Frank Miller’s award-winning series 300. Comics legend Frank Miller, creator of Sin City and 300, writes and draws this sprawling historical epic
    I am hoping this is good. Can Miller recapture his past success?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I think we need to first ask is Miller even interested in "recapturing his past success'?

He's obviously interested in continuing this project.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member Chintzy Beatnik's Avatar

I’m hoping he can.

I liked DK III, but he had Azzarello to help him out with the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He's obviously interested in continuing this project.
    And? I mean, artists move forward with their work. At least that's the intent. I just mean that maybe your idea of his "past success" doesn't line up with what Miller's after here, or what he'd consider a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    And? I mean, artists move forward with their work. At least that's the intent. I just mean that maybe your idea of his "past success" doesn't line up with what Miller's after here, or what he'd consider a success.
    I am not saying this new book should be like 300 part 2, with the same type art and writing.
    I mean 300 was a very successful book artistically and in terms of readership. Can he repeat that, however he writes and draws this?

Hard to say.

Frank pissed a lot of people off running his mouth about politics.
    Holy Terror was, (fairly) universally hated, despite some amazing artwork.
    A lot of people bag on his current art pretty hard. (personally, I think the coloring of his art has been awful.)
    300 became pretty divisive after his anti islam comments and Holy Terror.

So, a sequel of sorts to 300 might not be the best book to expect a 'comeback' from. But I think people will tune in and see what he's doing.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll be. If nothing else, I want to see Frank drawing a book again.

Amazing Member

No a bad #1 issue,