Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    The thing about healing factors, they hurt. A lot. Regrowing an arm is probably more painful than losing it in the first place.
    Acceptable loss, so long as it's Deadpool level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King of Asgard View Post
    If you're like Deadpool, then I guess healing is better. But if you're like Superman, Thor or Hulk, then I guess durability is better.
    Hulk has both. So does Superman to some extent (at least pre-Flashpoint). I'm not sure about Thor.

BANNED

Durability/invulnerability always wins unless the opponents are almost equal then I would pick healing factor.

Healing Factor for the bonuses of longer life, immunity to disease, and the ability to smoke and drink without worrying about long term effects (well aside from weight gain.)

That said, potential deal breaker for me, can people with high end regen get drunk? Seems to vary by author.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Healing Factor for the bonuses of longer life, immunity to disease, and the ability to smoke and drink without worrying about long term effects (well aside from weight gain.)

That said, potential deal breaker for me, can people with high end regen get drunk? Seems to vary by author.
    Wolverine has in the past. I suppose it would take levels and amounts of alcohol that would be lethal to ordinary humans to do the job.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Healing Factor > I have no issue with getting hurt in a fight (if it came to that and my being hurt over someone innocent), so I'd rather have that.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

In a real world setting, I don't think regen would be good in the case of broken bones. Unless you know how to set your own bone(s) after say a car accident, then you'll have to go to a doctor/hospital to get it set properly. In which case I hope you weren't trying to keep your ability secret because that's out the window.

Theoretically, if my invulnerability extends down to the cellular level then that should afford me a measure of extended longevity and resistance to diseases on top of not being able to be hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Which is better to have and comes with more benefits, high end durability/invulnerability, or high end regen?
    Well, in my opinion, a Healing Factor is much better than high durability. Sure, with high durability you may be bulletproof etc. but you'll still die just as easily as a normal human to things like Cancer, HIV, and all of the other great number of diseases and such that can kill humans.
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be."

-Robin Williams (Dead Poets Society)

~Member Since: 09/25/2009~
    ~Old CBR Post Count: 834~

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Is there a character out there that has a healing factor and carries around painkillers? that'd be more interesting than just toughing it out which is what every character with a healing factor does.
    I'm going to say Painkiller Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Sure. You just gotta drink faster than you can heal.

Incredible Member

Healing Factor.

Longevity is great. Might have to get some kinda of education in the medical world. With healing factor I can produce vaccines for a lot of the diseases out there. Starting with the common cold. Once I bank a few millions I'm out. The vaccines for the fatal diseases. Hmm. I will need to figure out a way to get it out without having the world know it was from me. Maybe by injecting two or three dying victim of cancer in some third world with the cure. Something like that. Healing factor have a great chance of making it a win win for everyone. Just gotta be careful about how you go about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Which is better to have and comes with more benefits, high end durability/invulnerability, or high end regen?
    I'd have to go with high end regen. One reason is, depending on what you mean, it also might equate to a prolonged(if not indefinite) lifespan. Even taking that out of the equation, I can't help but think..if I am super durable and..I do wind up somehow getting hurt by something with enough force, then I am kind of screwed when it comes to medical attention. How can they perform surgery or anything else on me if I'm that durable? Kind of like how they needed a kryptonite scalpel to perform surgery on Superman, but I wouldn't have that luxury.

I also say this assuming my regen won't make it so I can't get drunk/high, since if I'm going to be living for a long ass time..I can't do eternity sober.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-08-2014 at 12:17 PM.