Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman #39

Astonishing Member

Default Batman #39

Just finished reading it. Oh boy, that final panel is going to cause a bit of commotion lol.

All the Superman/Wonder Woman shippers are going to get all upset again, lol. I can already see the posts.

Thought the story was okay. spoilers:
    I'm expecting a fakeout with the ending.
    end of spoilers

But the art was amazing. Jones' Wonder Woman is maybe one of the best I've seen in a long, long time.

BANNED

It's an obvious fakeout. We've read this story before.

Not to mention Bruce is a being of supreme will who was able to resist the charms of a literal goddess of love. Him copulating with Diana in any form, even after ten years of celibacy, would be pretty OoC of him considering he's aware that he's promised himself to another woman.

BANNED

I will say that I very much dislike the idea of King using Diana in the role of a temptress. It's cheap, tasteless, and pretty disrespectful to the character of Wonder Woman.

BANNED

I thought it was interesting the Gentle Man was another Earther...but my question is, who exactly replaced him the last time he came visiting?

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    It's an obvious fakeout. We've read this story before.

Not to mention Bruce is a being of supreme will who was able to resist the charms of a literal goddess of love. Him copulating with Diana in any form, even after ten years of celibacy, would be pretty OoC of him considering he's aware that he's promised himself to another woman.
    When ? I don't know of that ^^

Also, I really like the design for the Gentle Man, and I hope to see more of him in the future, if possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    When ? I don't know of that ^^
    Superman/Batman #40.

The Story was Ok.
    The Final Page was.... hmmm....
    IMG_3240.JPG
    My Favourite Part was the Arkham Knight.... Tankmobile.... I mean Batmobile's Cameo, I still really like that Car despite it's role in the Game.

Well, the comparison with that Action Comics issue definitely affected the perception over this oen. I wonder how it would have been without that article remarking the similarities. Personally, I haven’t read that AC story and didn’t know of it existence previously. King already said that he wasn’t aware of that story, so it’s only one of those unfortunate coincidences that happen in the world of writing, with so many stories, every one ends up being variations of previous ones. Still, the resemblances here were too strong and hard to ignore, specially since they were called up.

The comic itself was fine, a nice start, I will wait till next issue to make my mind about King’s direction. Joelle’s pencils keep getting better and better every Batman comic she draws
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Always Rakzo

This wasn't so bad thankfully. The interactions between Batman and Wonder Woman were well-done while Catwoman also receive solid moments. That being said, the dialogue continues to be awkward and I hate the Batman/Wonder Woman thing so this issue did nothing for me (and I felt that Diana was portrayed more conflictive than usual).

Jones' artwork is amazing though, her Diana is stunning. Mixed bag overall.

BANNED

Terrible Diana. Goddamn. It's like she was really trying to get on his pants. What kind of characterization is that? She isn't like this when she is single, why is she like this when she isn't?

Steve Trevor gets the short end of the stick, now that we know that Diana would abandon him the moment Bruce asked her to do it.

BANNED

Well this was awful.

Diana was pretty consistent with her Rebirth self, at least. I hate this version of the character, of course, but I guess it's a silver lining and King probably read Rucka's Rebirth run. And the art was great. Otherwise, terrible use of Diana, sadly.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Diana was pretty consistent with her Rebirth self, at least. I hate this version of the character, of course, but I guess it's a silver lining and King probably read Rucka's Rebirth run. And the art was great. Otherwise, terrible use of Diana, sadly.
    I disagree this is consistent with her character, and if she is, DC has done a terrible job with her.

I will reserve judgement until next issue