Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Avengers # 676 (SPOILERS)

Going off of the previews for 676, Jarvis is being transferred and treated at the local ER. Beast and Nadia are doing the best they can to help him, while scanning his biosigns they notice something amiss that astonishes Beast.

Back at Avengers mansion, the group is getting reacquainted with Voyager. We go over a brief rectonn'd history of Voyager's exploits. While Voyager seems to command the entire rooms attention, she quickly passes the buck back to the respective team(s) leaders (Falcon, Rogue, Sunspot).

Meanwhile in Egypt, twin bolts of lightning strike the earth and teams emerge and stare each other down. It's the Black Order and Lethal Legion, who can't seem to hold back their lust for battle and decide to duke it out. It's a quick fight and neither team gains a clear advantage, as both decide to back off due to a real fight breaking the 'rules' of whatever it is that set up this situation.

The Black Order however aren't satisfied. They mention that there are loose ends on earth that were left around for them to play with and they want to 'clear the board' before fulfilling their real mission.

Back at Avengers HQ we start to see the teams rough start. The Avengers are having problems establishing a solid and united leadership. The team gets interrupted by a transmission of the Black Order getting ready to fire at something. Falcon uses his bird telepathy to try and figure out where they are. He shouts as he realizes their right above them. The mansion erupts in flame and the issue ends in a cliffhanger.

---

EDIT: shorten'd it so it's less of a summery and more of a review

It's a entertaining high action story, though I'm a bit disappointed with some plot points as a fan of certain characters i wonder who.... Voyager continues to be very suspicious loved the panel layout when they doing her rectons and the fights are beautiful. As rough as this start is for the team, it's a bit of a breath of fresh air to see everyone interacting with each other. Definitely want to see more, positive interactions.

I feel like we're starting to get a sense of what's going on now, with Voyager being the biggest mystery. (solicitations already spoiled who is setting this up kinda but let's pretend)
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-17-2018 at 09:04 AM.

BANNED

so a version of a character from the direct competition is responsible for the loss of one of their most beloved avengers. how meta.

Extraordinary Member

RIP Avengers Mansion again.
    Ghost form SuperGiant got me worried, please no more possession drama.(Seems like they want to do it.)
    Just let Jericho or someone blow her up.
    Kinda interesting with Wanda saying Gaia in chaos, I like how she is shown to sense magic essence.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-17-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Hey guys, did you notice that whoever controls the game and the villains have dialog boxes in red and blue?

It reminded me of a certain crossover a long time ago .

Mighty Member

It's clear God Reed retconned Voyager into existence because he knew of the events to come.

and just after Johnny fixed the Mansion in Uncanny Avengers

Enjoyed how they're shoving some concepts in our face to get rid of right away like comms and magic just not working correctly. Loving the Lethal Legion. Loved how Voyager was put into the context of some of the Avenger's most memorable parts.

Though it's hard to shake off the Sentry vibes of the story.

The mansion got rebuilt like last week hahahha

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    The mansion got rebuilt like last week hahahha
    My first thought was exactly that lol. Not worried about the Avengers, but c'mon guys, they JUST rebuilt it

Yeah, it was only rebuilt two issues ago, in UA #30. That's got to be a new record!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What if Voyager is Gwenpool who found a way to insert herself in old comics?

So anyone notice that Victory is a very obvious stand-in for Triumph, the time-lost Justice League character from the 90's? Even the origin of him being a founding member of the team that nobody remembers anymore parallels Voyager. I thought it was a cute little nod.

Last edited by Holt; 01-17-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Triumph was actually created by Waid too!

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    What if Voyager is Gwenpool who found a way to insert herself in old comics?
    I think Gwenpool #25 will probably prevent that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

So I'm guessing that whatever "rebooted" Voyager into Avengers history also resurrected the Black Order since all of them have died over the last 2-3 years. For that matter aren't The Blood Brothers dead as well?
    Last edited by roni190; 01-17-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    So I'm guessing that whatever "rebooted" Voyager into Avengers history also resurrected the Black Order since all of them have died over the last 2-3 years. For that matter aren't The Blood Brothers dead as well?
    1 of them died in a Drax story.