Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

It’s weird for Kurt? The guy who’s longest term sexual relationship was with his sister?

As for Rachel, banging her “uncle” is probably one of the lesser offenses in her tirefire of a lovelife. She’s comically bad at picking men, which is really just another sign she should be sticking to that other gender...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Knowing Kurt's bad luck he was probably the first casualties in Rachel's timeline. Bwahaha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Knowing Kurt's bad luck he was probably the first casualties in Rachel's timeline. Bwahaha.
    He was. Him, Amanda and Illyana were gunned down at a bus stop right before the assault on the School. They were likely targeted first since they were teleporters.

Rachel and Kurt feels weird. I think the writer just didn't know what else to do with the characters so they just get put in a romantic relationship to try and create some story with them. Usually that tends to not work out, like we see here. They work much better as close friends and hopefully that status quo will return. Though Rachel tends to have pretty awful relationships like most have mentioned here. So I guess it fits in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    It’s weird for Kurt? The guy who’s longest term sexual relationship was with his sister?

As for Rachel, banging her “uncle” is probably one of the lesser offenses in her tirefire of a lovelife. She’s comically bad at picking men, which is really just another sign she should be sticking to that other gender...
    Agreed with all of this.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Amanda isnt blood realted, but yrah that is weird too.

I gotta agree with @Badou. Marc seems to want to do a mix of 80s xmen and excaliber so he put on kittys team thos connected and damn the consequences.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Posting panels out of context doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Posting panels out of context doesn't help.
    How is it out of context? The fact that on her timeline the X-Men were already her "aunts" and "uncles", knowing them since she was baby while they were all adults it's exactly the reason people think it's creepy.

Personally, it does not bother me that Rachel's life does not exist anymore and that Kurt is not the same as we have but understand why some feel this is strange.

Kurt and Rachel have flirted before so I'm not surprised and at the same time it is a blank relationship we do not know what can come out of this other than the old complicated relationships full of twists and turns that everyone here already knows and has even been the target of criticism like Kitty and Colossus or Cyclops and Emma or Jean and Cyclops or Jean and Wolverine or Storm and Wolverine or Gambit and Rogue .

If on one hand have many criticisms of Guggenheim and his work on Gold for another, at least he has brought something really new that no one can predict how it will develop.Many say that Gold is only about nostalgia if this is the case Kurt and Rachel together is probably the only thing different and new in all of this.
    Last edited by Knives; 01-20-2018 at 06:09 AM.

Honestly, Guggenheim has done so little with the pairing that I feel it's a non-question at this point. It's the equivalent of grade school kids passing a note: "Do you want to be my boyfriend? Check the box yes or no."
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

"Checks NO and passed it back"

@..@

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    How is it out of context? The fact that on her timeline the X-Men were already her "aunts" and "uncles", knowing them since she was baby while they were all adults it's exactly the reason people think it's creepy.
    It’s incorrect anyway I believe, Jean did become Phoenix on Earth 811 and it was seen as a force for good. What never happened in Rachel’s timeline was a Dark Phoenix.

I can see where people would say it could be weird from Rachel's perspective, because she grew up with them as an aunt and uncle. However, I can't see why it would be from Kurt or Kitty's perspective, because they didn't know her in her world, because it wasn't them.

For Rachel, you could say she's spent a lot of years now, getting to know these different people. Kitty went from a second mother type, in Rachel's world, to a best friend, and Kurt went from Uncle Kurt to someone she lectured in Excalibur days and crushed on for awhile a few years ago. So yeah, maybe her memories have faded with time and been overlaid by the people in the here and now. I can't imagine she sees baby Franklin and thinks, "I'm going be all over that in 20 years" or anything, either.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    No. It is not. That's why I'm perfectly okay with this. Rachel and Kurt are both adults. I don't see why they can't be together and make it work. They would hardly be the strangest, most dysfunctional relationship in the history of X-men. Not by a long shot.
    More strange and dysfunctional than what Rogue did in XML? coming out briefly with Magneto? I do not think so.

Magneto is old enough to be Rogue's grandfather, but that's not really the bad, it's just weird, the bad is, that Magneto is a dictator very similar to the Nazi extremist mass murderer, is a megalomaniac does not mind murdering his prios children, is a slaveholder, and often is judge and executioner (just like the Nazis) all the worst that could have any person its is Magneto.

And Rogue as my favorite character made me want to vomit to be briefly pushed with a character like Magneto, the only thing that excuses Rogue, is that he only accessed this relationship by brainwashing, after AgeofX Rogue literally had feelings and memories of a character that it was not realher (Reaper / Legacy) that he loved Magneto, luckily that relationship did not last for two seconds, then the writer C.Gage made Rogue remember sanity, and be Rogue 616 again and reject Magneto and leave him humiliated. Inked on one knee, while Anna gave him the humiliation of his life. XD

Rachel, if it is very strange, is a praton in it, who is attracted to controversial relationships, should visit a therapist, the sublime seemed strange to me too, although it is only a flirt .