Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Colossus (a boring, one note character who's gotten little discernible development during his 4 decades of existence) and Kitty (a B-lister who has been directionless for a few years now) are the marriage of the century?

That's kind of sad...
    Colossus did had some good developments in “Cable and X-force” and “Amazing X-men” though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Piotr's baby mama(Nereel) better crash that wedding. It's been like ten years with no child support.
    I am certain the Xavier school will cover the expenses. And since Peter knocked up Nereel (and possibly her other friend too, helluva first time) before he even met Kitty, and Nereel did not tell Colossus "Peter Jr." was his kid (awesome X-Men annual by Claremont and Adams), Kitty will not be happy, but may understand. Go back and read Whedon and Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men, and keep in mind, Colossus was dead. Joe Quesada and Bill Jemas made a HUGE point that "dead is dead", starting with the Colossus suicide nonsense. Go back and read it again, their is weight to Peter (stop the Piotr nonsense, fans who do not like him call him that, or admit you do not like Colossus and troll) and Kitty's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I like Kitty and Peter as a couple, but they have been on and off for so long that I think they should have been together as a couple for a bit longer before they decided to get married.
    Agreed, but I think it is one of those "now or never" situations. I wish a writer could explore the relationship closer after the sabotage of Colossus from Bendis and Aaron a few years back, but there is no time for that. And for old time's sake, I want to see the Thing and Colossus arm wrestle again.

Colossus (a boring, one note character who's gotten little discernible development during his 4 decades of existence) and Kitty (a B-lister who has been directionless for a few years now) are the marriage of the century?

That's kind of sad...
    Well that's what happens when 5-6 characters are over concentrated on. Cyclops was so concentrated on he was written into the ground, Beast written to be the stawman voice of opposition till he was written into the ground. Emma Frost made cyclops right hand armcandy till she was written into the ground, Then Bendis 05 nostalgia party.

What has Kurts characterization have been? I lost my soul after resurrecting? Wolverine has been "Badass not-loner" for 616 logan.

Storm has had good Characterization in BP....not in X-men which has helped her character survive this 2 decade creative dry spell in the x-men. Non X-men X-titles you can get characterization that's pretty good; that is not professional paid fanfiction, It's one of the reasons why Kyle & Yost then later Bunn is so well received.

The best Shadow Cat centered story that is recent I can think of is MechcaniX, the Best Colossus? X-infenus which was not even his story but Illyana's and Pixies.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

The shotgun wedding of the century and we are all being held at gunpoint. I hope we all survive the experience.

BANNED

That's kind of sad...
    Colossus actually had some great development from Gillen, Hopeless and Kyost. Lemire did nothing with him, but at least he received a good design.

Then all thrown into the wind so he becomes a "romantic" self-sacrificing creep wearing a circus unitard again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Colossus actually had some great development from Gillen, Hopeless and Kyost. Lemire did nothing with him, but at least he received a good design.

Then all thrown into the wind so he becomes a "romantic" self-sacrificing creep wearing a circus unitard again.
    Eh, I don't really miss the Extraordinary look .

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Most Marvel marriages rarely last long. I bet Kitty and Colossus' marriage will not last two years.
    The same so do not even think about it seriously or in the long run.

I think it should be the first time that many fans in this forum will hope for an attack of a super villain to stop the marriage .

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I see the bigger picture in this. Recently it was said mutants were going sterile, not sure if true most likely not. The potential of Kitty and Peter having a child could bring a new dynamic to both and add something that has been missing from the X-line. The family aspect. We have got to see the ups and downs on their relationship, so i'm ok with this being explored.

Now them calling this the wedding of the century means THEY NEED TO DELIVER and not make it a half arse thought out mess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I see the bigger picture in this. Recently it was said mutants were going sterile, not sure if true most likely not. The potential of Kitty and Peter having a child could bring a new dynamic to both and add something that has been missing from the X-line. The family aspect. We have got to see the ups and downs on their relationship, so i'm ok with this being explored.

Now them calling this the wedding of the century means THEY NEED TO DELIVER and not make it a half arse thought out mess.
    The sterile mutants plot has been dropped after the Terrigen plot was resolved.

Even before it was dropped, it was like a one-time mention, and it would still only affect those who actually got sick from the mist, that AFAIK from relevant characters would only be Rogue, Dazzler and Sunspot.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The sterile mutants plot has been dropped after the Terrigen plot was resolved.
    but was it ever resolved? I dont think this was mentioned at all since IvX, so mutants should still theoretically be sterile

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Even before it was dropped, it was like a one-time mention, and it would still only affect those who actually got sick from the mist, that AFAIK from relevant characters would only be Rogue, Dazzler and Sunspot.
    I believe it was said that all mutants were sterile. Those who got sick were on the path to die and those that survived were left sterile. They used that to heighten the severity of the TM's effects.

Kitty was in space during this so she wasnt exposed to the mists and should be able to reproduce. Piotr is the wild card
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-20-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    Go back and read it again, their is weight to Peter (stop the Piotr nonsense, fans who do not like him call him that, or admit you do not like Colossus and troll) and Kitty's relationship.
    Yes, I hate Colossus. That's why I call him by his real name. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but was it ever resolved? I dont think this was mentioned at all since IvX, so mutants should still theoretically be sterile

I believe it was said that all mutants were sterile. Those who got sick were on the path to die and those that survived were left sterile. They used that to heighten the severity of the TM's effects.

Kitty was in space during this so she wasnt exposed to the mists and should be able to reproduce. Piotr is the wild card
    AFAIK it was only mentioned one time on EXM and there wasn't much explanation. Storm says "The mists is not just killing us, it sterelyzes us as well". Obviously not all mutants were killed by the mist. So there's no indication that all were sterilized either.

Truth is that that's now an abandoned plot that they won't touch on anymore. So technically all X-Men can have kids if the writer wants for such to happen and editorial allows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    AFAIK it was only mentioned one time on EXM and there wasn't much explanation. Storm says "The mists is not just killing us, it sterelyzes us as well". Obviously not all mutants were killed by the mist. So there's no indication that all were sterilized either.

Truth is that that's now an abandoned plot that they won't touch on anymore. So technically all X-Men can have kids if the writer wants for such to happen and editorial allows it.
    you left out the rest of that quote which goes "this is all there is Jean. This is all there will ever be". If not everyone exposed to the mists were sterilized, then that line makes no sense.