Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This preview is brimming with SOLID stuff. I hope the rest lives up to the hype that is now growing within me.

It is both disheartening and heart-warming to have such elation when an unused character (in this case, for me, its Hellion) gets 2-3 lines of dialogue. ha ha. I'm so famished I'll go full Tazmanian devil to scoop up whatever crumbs are made available. haha. The same goes for all the post-mortem-now-walking-and-talking-cameos. And OF COURSE I must echo the sentiments regarding the Bobsicles and their shared sense of humor.
    This fits my sentiments to a T, thanX Fokken. With Polaris making an appearance here, and Dazzler & Dani Moonstar before her, my trifecta is now complete. But truth be told, the reason I'm enjoying this SO much & more than anything comic related in probably 15 years, is 'cause just about EVERY X'er is there. Most, if not all, have been included. That makes me REALLY happy, and is reason enough alone, to make me want to get the trade ASAP. Of course we'd always like to see each of them doing more, and getting more (respectful) attention, but it just makes me feel good that they haven't been forgotten about... AGAIN! My advice to Marvel & the X-office, use this as a recipe for success, moving forward - PLEASE, I BEG you!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Not sure where this is going, but I'm intrigued it would really be something if Jean is coming back. But also bringing back all the dead X-men who've passed since she "died".

BANNED

Oh, and I also REALLY like the wild, weird, & warped undercurrent, of this whole thing - it's WONDERFUL!

Additionally, it may just be me, but I haven't seen X-fans THIS seemingly enthusiastic & eXcited... in a LONG time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    This fits my sentiments to a T, thanX Fokken. With Polaris making an appearance here, and Dazzler & Dani Moonstar before her, my trifecta is now complete. But truth be told, the reason I'm enjoying this SO much & more than anything comic related in probably 15 years, is 'cause just about EVERY X'er is there. Most, if not all, have been included. That makes me REALLY happy, and is reason enough alone, to make me want to get the trade ASAP. Of course we'd always like to see each of them doing more, and getting more (respectful) attention, but it just makes me feel good that they haven't been forgotten about... AGAIN! My advice to Marvel & the X-office, use this as a recipe for success, moving forward - PLEASE, I BEG you!
    Completely agree with you! Seeing pretty much everyone involved feels so refreshing to me, especially after all the division Schism onward. It just makes the whole thing feel more important, like the stakes are really high.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Not sure where this is going, but I'm intrigued it would really be something if Jean is coming back. But also bringing back all the dead X-men who've passed since she "died".
    I'm gonna say there might indeed be many, but maybe, truly... only one.

In addition to Jean, I mean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Completely agree with you! Seeing pretty much everyone involved feels so refreshing to me, especially after all the division Schism onward. It just makes the whole thing feel more important, like the stakes are really high.

I've been digging this series, so i'm excited about the next issue

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

I think we are seeing the dual nature of Jean/Phoenix. It is both life and death, destruction and rebirth (represented by both the burning town, and the "reborn" deceased).

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Why hasn't Rosenberg been given a permanent X-Office job? This man has done this epic job with a weekly mini. What could this guy do with a bi-weekly ongoing? I feel like he could manage all the X-characters in the same vein as Claremont. Where you manage all the subplots of every character and not on X-man is seen as more important than the other. Get him on a book now.

If there were a page of the year award I'd have to nominate that Tag scene. Just heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Just noticed...at this moment wherever direction Jean's looking looks normal and everything behind her turns into the hellscape. That's a creepy concept.

BANNED

CAN. NOT. WAIT. ... to READ & SEE this, on Wednesday!

Without a doubt, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. And can feel the already INTENSE positivity being wafted at us, by the returning Jean's eternal PhoeniX flames. She'll make things better, and soon enough, it'll be like she never left.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Just noticed...at this moment wherever direction Jean's looking looks normal and everything behind her turns into the hellscape. That's a creepy concept.
    And no one is reacting to what they see behind her, suggesting only Jean has any sentience(?) in this reality. All the dead characters are acting more like they're part of the illusion with no real existence of their own.

Only other thing is Tag's creepy dog comment ... they're good dogs, Tog.

BANNED

You could make your own universe and set it right...
    ... it burns away what doesn't work.
    The POSSIBILITIES!... HERE'S HOPING!!

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

The POSSIBILITIES!... HERE'S HOPING!![/CENTER]
    I love these pages from New X-Men #148...

I think maybe we are seeing Jean creating her own little perfect world, and the Phoenix burning it away because it isn't real.