View Poll Results: Would you like to see the Wonder Twins brought into the Wonder Woman series?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

11 36.67%
  • No!

15 50.00%
  • Ehh, I don't care.

4 13.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I don’t see why not, especially since WW is a twin now.

Thanks again, zeus

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    did they ever explain why they left Exor? Having the origin as "alien from planet X" is fine as a starting point, but it's not a full origin. Oh wait, it's on the wiki. https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Jayna_(Super_Friends) they were left as orphans when a plague killed their parents and many others in their world. It'd be pretty easy to retcon the source of the plague. It IS rather odd that their society would reject them for being "mutants" when they don't look all that odd, and have useful powers. They left Exxor when they realized that their current employer was treating them as slaves and they felt like they had nowhere to go on Exxor. Apparently this was never mentioned in the TV show but rather in the tie-in comics.

They HAVE been used in the comics. https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Zan_(Earth-22)
    hunh, interesting, the page for Exxor claims it was invaded and conquered and lists THAT as the reason the Wonder Twins fled their homeworld. https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Exxor

Ok, so... They were left orphans when a large chunk of their homeworld's population died in a plague. Then got handed over to be unpaid sideshow attractions in a circus because no one else wanted them. THEN their homeworld gets invaded and they have to flee for their lives? Or did the circus leave their homeworld when the planet was invaded, then they abandoned the circus later? now I want to read that comic book....

I’d love to write a space opera storyline for the Justice League that highlights Diana and a few others Leaguers and brings them in contact with Zan and Jayna. Once they’re freed, and being orphans, they join the Justice League and take up the superhero moniker Wonder Twins in honor of Diana, who had a pivotal and impactful role in their emancipation and decision to use their abilities to help others.

well, I think they actually used that moniker in their circus act. It's kinda weird, in their original appearance they acted kinda like circus performers now that I think back to it. It seemed odd to me back then, but I just figured it was them being weird cause they're aliens. I'm actually not sure if the guy who created the characters actually intended them to be circus performers.

Thinking again, somewhere in the wiki page it mentioned that they were only legally obligated to be unpaid labor at the circus until they were 20 years old(in Exxor time). How old were they in Super Friends? The actual leaguers treated them like teenagers, so maybe they were as young as 15 or so?

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Just have Zann and Jayna be aliens that Diana finds haphazardly on a mission. They arrived on Earth in stasis but were taken by government an studied for years. She rescues them and they come out of stasis and learn about Earth culture following and observing Diana, who inspires them to become heroes and adopt the name The Wonder Twins.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    well, I think they actually used that moniker in their circus act. It's kinda weird, in their original appearance they acted kinda like circus performers now that I think back to it. It seemed odd to me back then, but I just figured it was them being weird cause they're aliens. I'm actually not sure if the guy who created the characters actually intended them to be circus performers.

Thinking again, somewhere in the wiki page it mentioned that they were only legally obligated to be unpaid labor at the circus until they were 20 years old(in Exxor time). How old were they in Super Friends? The actual leaguers treated them like teenagers, so maybe they were as young as 15 or so?

Hello Marhawkman.

you're remembering Zan & Jayna's original origin from The Super Friends. DC never really established their age, just that they were under 20.

In the story, a plague has swept across Exxor, killing a majority of Exxorians, including the twins' parents. They were adopted as toddlers by a traveling carnival owner so he could star them in the carnival's freak show. As they got older, Zan & Jayna wanted to know if they could be schooled away from the carnival, and why they weren't paid for their work. They were told that under Exxorian law, they were owned by their adopter until the age of 20.

An idea: A modern day version of the Legion of Super Heroes where aliens who have heard about the deeds of the Justice League decide to become heroes themselves and name themselves after members of the JL, could include Miss Martian, Wonder Twins, Batman of Zur-En-Arrh, A Green Lantern

I say yes how bout having them be the long lost children of her brother Jason.and now change their powers a little.have 1 have the vability to control and manipulate the elements fire,earth.air and water and the other has the ability to transform into any animal and communicate with them.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Having the Twins on a team would appeal to me. I always thought they would've been a good fit for when the New Teen Titans launched. NTT started in November of 1980, and SF ended in August of 1981. If NTT had not included Changling, I could very easily see a "graduation" for the Twins in SF when the comic ended, and then with their connection to Robin, a move for them to Teen Titans.