View Poll Results: Would you like to see the Wonder Twins brought into the Wonder Woman series?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

11 36.67%
  • No!

15 50.00%
  • Ehh, I don't care.

4 13.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sidebar I always thought about Hawk and Dove having a connection with her but that might have been because I remember the teamup they had in JLU.

On topic it would be out of the left field but it could be interesting.

I’m down with Zan and Jayna paying a visit to Diana, but I don’t need them to be permanent Wonder family.

Whenever we get a readable Titans or Teen Titans title, I prefer they end up there. Or Young Justice - if that ever happens again. I’ve even added them to a Justice League line up or two I’ve done.

Yes in fact they could be the children of Wonder Woman and shapeshifter Martian Mahunter lol. Actually I could see a storyline where Diana becomes a surrogate mother, because of her divine nature, for an alien of a dying race and gives birth to the (wonder) twins who grow up quickly.

Or as mention before they could be children of Gods who are inspired by Wonder Woman to be heroes or they could be anything (from space, another dimension, another realm) and be inspired by Wonder Woman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yes, I remember hearing that but not where. Where was it confirmed?
    I think it was in the lettercol of the Super Friends comic. I'll see if I can find it.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Hello everyone!

New member here, and I'm exploring the forum. From what I understand, it's "bad netiquette" to bring old thread back from the "dead", but this one is dated from this year, so I'm hoping I'm still in the good time frame!

Regarding seeing the Twins in the Wonderverse, not sure it would make sense as I'm unsure of what their connection to Wonder Woman would be. That being said (as you can see from my avatar) I am a long-time Super Friends fan and enjoyed seeing Zan and Jayna rebooted in both Extreme Justice and the end of the run of Young Justice, so I would like to see them used again, but perhaps as how they appeared in YJ, and definitely not how they appeared on the SF cartoon.

I've seen comments online (so of course, I don't know how true the comments are) that updated versions of the Twins will appear in the new season of Young Justice.

Regarding the questions about the Super Friends original pupils, Wendy Harris and Marvin White, as another posted pointed out, their origins were discussed by E. Nelson Bridwell in the letter column of the first issue of The Super Friends title.

I have a copy of that column saved to my computer, and I would be willing to post it here, but as a newbie, I'm not 100% sure of forum rules, and don't want to be breaking them!

Well Wonder Woman has had her share of space adventures over the years so its not entirely out there to incorporate the Wonder Twins. That said, unless the person trying to do it was really messing around with Wonder Womans space stuff like the various alien species introduced in her thing and villains like King Crystallar, im not sure if they would really benefit.
    I can see Wonder Woman taking them under her wing to show them the ropes and train them to become heroes of their own world or some such, but honestly at that point id want to see a more ensemble type thing with her also doing the same for Cassie and possibly others like Princess Amethyst. But thats getting a bit fan-ficy.

In any case its an idea with potential if approached in an interesting manner.

I'm going to go with "no".

double post
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 08-04-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Hello everyone!

New member here, and I'm exploring the forum. From what I understand, it's "bad netiquette" to bring old thread back from the "dead", but this one is dated from this year, so I'm hoping I'm still in the good time frame!

Regarding seeing the Twins in the Wonderverse, not sure it would make sense as I'm unsure of what their connection to Wonder Woman would be. That being said (as you can see from my avatar) I am a long-time Super Friends fan and enjoyed seeing Zan and Jayna rebooted in both Extreme Justice and the end of the run of Young Justice, so I would like to see them used again, but perhaps as how they appeared in YJ, and definitely not how they appeared on the SF cartoon.

I've seen comments online (so of course, I don't know how true the comments are) that updated versions of the Twins will appear in the new season of Young Justice.

Regarding the questions about the Super Friends original pupils, Wendy Harris and Marvin White, as another posted pointed out, their origins were discussed by E. Nelson Bridwell in the letter column of the first issue of The Super Friends title.

I have a copy of that column saved to my computer, and I would be willing to post it here, but as a newbie, I'm not 100% sure of forum rules, and don't want to be breaking them!
    Welcome to cbr and the Wonder Woman forum! Thanks for confirming Marvin's parentage!

Extraordinary Member

No. In 1973 I crushed on Wendy from season 1 hard, and was appalled when she and Marvin were replaced.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Incidentally, the writer of the Super Friends back in 1976 revealed that Wendy [last name Harris] was somehow the daughter of the original Diana Prince that Wonder Woman took the name of.

A character identical to Wendy also appeared in Wonder Woman volume 2 #186 as a teacher on Paradise Island.

Yay!

I wonder if there is an elseworld where she became Wonder Girl?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Incidentally, the writer of the Super Friends back in 1976 revealed that Wendy [last name Harris] was somehow the daughter of the original Diana Prince that Wonder Woman took the name of.

A character identical to Wendy also appeared in Wonder Woman volume 2 #186 as a teacher on Paradise Island.

Yay!

I wonder if there is an elseworld where she became Wonder Girl?

Actually, brettc1, that is Marvin's origin.

According to the Super Friends comic, Wendy Harris was originally written in scripts to be Batman's niece, but that shot down quickly. If this young girl was walking around without a mask and stating she was Batman's niece, it would easily give up Batman's secret identity.

In the comic book, it was explained that as a young man, Bruce Wayne was trained in detective work by a detective named Harvey Harris. Harvey's niece is Wendy Harris, and as a way to return the favor of Harvey helping train The Batman, he in turn trains Wendy as a crime fighter, and that was the official explanation in the comics of why Wendy was with The Super Friends.

As for Marvin White, Marvin's mother was the original Diana Prince, who was a nurse. She later married inventor Daniel White, and became Diana White. Wonder Woman arrived in America and had no secret identity, but Diana Prince was Wonder Woman's near identical twin. Her (then) fiance Daniel was leaving the country, and Diana had no money to follow him. Wonder Woman purchased Diana Prince's credentials, and took over the Diana Prince identity. With the money from Wonder Woman, Diana Prince followed Daniel White out of the country and married, becoming Diana White. Together they had Marvin White, who later wanted to fight crime, and was taken on with Wendy as the first students to the Super Friends.

NO! Why would this even be a question? Ugh!
    Please Remain Calm

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    When I first saw the Wonder Twins on the Super Friends cartoon when I was a kid, I thought they were Wonder Woman's children.

I would be ok with DC making the Twins part of Wonder Woman's world if a writer can come up with a good reason why. On the Super Friends they were aliens from the planet Exor with shape-changing powers. None of these aspects really mesh with Diana's world unless of course, something happens like Eviless invades Exor, Diana finds out, goes to Exor, rescues the Twins, Exor is destroyed by Eviless, and the Twins come back to earth with Diana. Then we could even have a Gleek/Jumpa team-up!
    did they ever explain why they left Exor? Having the origin as "alien from planet X" is fine as a starting point, but it's not a full origin. Oh wait, it's on the wiki. https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Jayna_(Super_Friends) they were left as orphans when a plague killed their parents and many others in their world. It'd be pretty easy to retcon the source of the plague. It IS rather odd that their society would reject them for being "mutants" when they don't look all that odd, and have useful powers. They left Exxor when they realized that their current employer was treating them as slaves and they felt like they had nowhere to go on Exxor. Apparently this was never mentioned in the TV show but rather in the tie-in comics.

They HAVE been used in the comics. https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Zan_(Earth-22)