Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bane (Nolanverse) Vs. Batmen (Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney)

Three scenarios, arena rules, standard gear (batarangs, ropes, smoke bombs, armor, etc). The arena is the sewer where Bane defeated Bat-Bale. The Batmen can escape through the tunnel/water slide like Gordon did, but then that would be a ring out and counts against them (no more Batmen = automatic win for Bane).

1. One-on-One: Bane fights each Batman separately, fully refreshed for each fight. Who does he beat in a one-on-one match? Who beats him?

2. Mini-Gauntlet: Bane takes on, in order: Clooney, Kilmer, and Keaton. No rest. The instant that one Batman is KO'd/broken/killed, the next Batman drops in. Does Bane make it through?

3. All-Out Battle: Bane engages all three Batmen simultaneously. Can he beat them all?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

He can't beat Keaton at all. Keaton had a couple of low showings, but his board standard is way past Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He can't beat Keaton at all. Keaton had a couple of low showings, but his board standard is way past Bane.
    Keaton was awesome and didn't have the no kill policy. He'd routinely gun down, blow up or set on fire etc. goons.

I don't know, Keaton almost lost to a random thug in Batman 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Could you provide some examples? Just curious. I rewatched his movies this past week because they were on Netflix, but my Rumbles-lens wasn't on, so I wasn't trying to pick up on any kind of feats (low or high end).

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Keaton was awesome and didn't have the no kill policy. He'd routinely gun down, blow up or set on fire etc. goons.
    While true, he typically did that primarily with his vehicles, which likely aren't in the fight considering the setting.

Sure, he blew up that strongman with a bomb, but it wasn't his standard gear.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

IIRC Keaton straight up deflects bullets a couple times in the first movie. Been awhile since I watched it though.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    IIRC Keaton straight up deflects bullets a couple times in the first movie. Been awhile since I watched it though.
    Only once; when Jack Napier (before he became the Joker) shoots at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I don't know, Keaton almost lost to a random thug in Batman 1989.
    He almost lost because he just walked out of a plane crash and was visibly hurt. And he still won.

Ultimate Member

He almost lost because he just walked out of a plane crash and was visibly hurt. And he still won.
    Exactly.

Joker shot his plane, it crashed and he came out injured. He was staggering before he fought the thug.

I don't see Bane taking out Keaton Batman if he's fully fit. Keaton Batman didn't hold back and generally used lethal force when necessary.

Only once; when Jack Napier (before he became the Joker) shoots at him.
    It's a feat that works in several ways, I think. Reflexes (or anticipation), aiming the hand to deflect the bullet away from him, the durability of his arm gear.

He also blocked several sword strikes with his bracers. While BatBale also did that, it's noticeable that Kilmer and Clooney never did.

The bullet deflecting feat was when he fought a thug in the alley in the middle of the movie. And it was purposeful and casual.

Keaton Batman beats them all to death. Yes I mean Kilmer and Clooney too.

Astonishing Member

Keaton Batman got this in the bag.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Could you provide some examples? Just curious. I rewatched his movies this past week because they were on Netflix, but my Rumbles-lens wasn't on, so I wasn't trying to pick up on any kind of feats (low or high end).
    The very first scene of the movie has him holding a grown man over the edge of a building for like 30 seconds with no sign of strain. He's arguably even stronger than Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    The very first scene of the movie has him holding a grown man over the edge of a building for like 30 seconds with no sign of strain. He's arguably even stronger than Bane.
    *muffled wheezing* Impawzzible.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan