• C

2 20.00%
  • D

1 10.00%
  • F

0 0%
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Grade The Current Vader Comic Book Series

What grade would you give the book so far?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

While not quite as great as the first series, this one has been good too. The first series was a tough act to follow. I voted a "B" but really it deserves a B-. It started out strong, but the last few issues haven't been quite as good.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I'd also say a B. I think Kieron captured pretty much the Vader of the OT perfectly, and this series seems a bit more focused on "cool" action and visuals than the previous one. Then again, this is a Vader who's still adjusting to his new look and point of view.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Its awesome including what chris said too, but would of liked not the complete absence or more of Vader internal dialogue instead of him just standing there every few pages.

BANNED

Haven't read it but it seems very cool

Won't be reading it until it comes out in Hardcover eventually.

But WILL be reading it. Look forward to it.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I gave it a C, but now that I think about it, it probably deserves a D.

The previous series was an A+. I knew it was going to be difficult to top, so I went in with zero expectations. Vader is my favorite character and I give each arc a chance. I really want to like it, but I can't get into it.

My biggest problem with this series is Vader's Cruelty. Anakin just became Darth Vader. Very recently he was saving lives and serving with the clones. To do a 180 so quickly doesn't make sense me. It just doesn't feel organic.

My favorite scene though was when he was constructing his new lightsaber and went through the trial tempting him back to the light side. He hates himself the most.