Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Recast and go younger. Adult Kitty is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I'm still not sold on this unless Magik and or Rachel are involved.
    just add Colossus and Magik and we have a f**** winner.

Default Fox Hires Brian Michael Bendis to Write Tim Miller’s Kitty Pryde Movie ‘143’

Bendis is writing for this apparently

http://collider.com/kitty-pryde-movi...x-men-spinoff/
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Ellen Page would love to play Kitty in the Tim Miller movie:

loved playing Kitty Pryde, and I think one of the things I always felt was I wish I could have done more. My experience in the films wasn't necessarily that extensive and she is such a great character. I don't know anything about the movie to be honest with you, but yeah, of course, that's something I'd love to do, but I don't know.
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/231...ty-pryde-movie

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Ellen Page would love to play Kitty in the Tim Miller movie:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/231...ty-pryde-movie
    I'd like it if she came back. Keep some consistency from movie to movie. Besides, she was really underused in the prior films.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

This movie is such a bad idea :\

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, I can't see the film getting made, because the Disney takeover of 20th Century Fox should be finalised before it goes into production. At any rate, if it does get made, I'd recast and avoid connections to any other films (they could mention that the X-Men exist, just don't show them, because the MCU would definitely recast them). That way, if need be, they can just retcon the film into the MCU, and have a character we already know be used to introduce us to the rest of the X-Men.

Colossus definitely won't be used. He's already in Deadpool, so their relationship would be even more squick than it is in the comics.
    Marvel and fox execs already approved a new mutants 2 film (pending success of the first one). Disney is also on record saying the plan is to “let the X-Men movies continue as is for now.”

Point being it seems they are going to keep letting the fox-men universe movies continue to be made- possibly even after the deal goes through- presumably until they are ready to reboot the franchise for themselves.

This would allow Disney to keep making money off the current franchise without having to rush into introducing their version of the X-Men until they are ready to have it flow organically into the mcu.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    This movie is such a bad idea :\
    Why’s that?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I can see the appeal of keeping Ellen Paige (A-List talent, continuity, she fits the character well) but I can also understand why they might go for a new actress (fresh take, probably younger).

I prefer young artist to play Kitty. Continuity doesn't mean the same character played by one actor indefinitely. As long as the character stays true to the earlier depiction of her in the series. So basically, continuity is more decided by the writer(s) and/or director(s) not the actor's appearance.

You can have one actor play the same role for 20 years but if the writer(s) decided to write that character the exact opposites of that character's earlier depiction, the there is not so much continuity either. Like when you have like a bunch of writer wrote about the same character for 5 decades like in you know comics. Then continuty is just lips service.
    Last edited by veriaqa; 02-26-2018 at 12:59 AM.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Are even Kitty fans asking for this movie? I would think a Storm solo would be up after Gambit if they wanted to get adventurous. Kitty's phasing power doesn't fit the aesthetic of a feature length film IMO. Yeah characterization is the most important, but theres gotta be a draw to get asses in the seats. Can't imagine 14 or 15 year old types chomping at the bit to watch Kitty phase through shit for an entire movie.
    Last edited by ChibaMariners; 02-26-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Kitty is my number one most favorite comic book hero of all time, and I am excited about this movie. That said, I'm not sure why Kitty is getting a solo, as she's not known as a solo hero in comics. She's more often than not been part of a team. Maybe they'll tie this version of Kitty more to the Deadpool side of the X-Men Cinematic Universe by having the Colossus from Deadpool in the Kitty movie as well?

To answer the previous question of "Are even Kitty fans even asking for this movie?"...the answer for me is "no", lol. I honestly am not asking for this and I'm scratching my head as to why it's being made. But, again, I am excited that it is. Just not sure why.

As for Ellen Paige...I enjoyed her performance as Kitty, but I think I'd prefer a new actress playing Kitty. And I kind of hope the character will be in her 20's (which I know Ellen is), so they can play with the Kitty/Colossus relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    just add Colossus and Magik and we have a f**** winner.
    Just Magik. The Colossus from Deadpool is too old!!

I dont want Ellen Page as Kitty, we need a young actress!

why on earth do we need young Kitty again, when we already got that in X3? and now the young X-Men of First class-apocalypse?

are we supposed to deal always with teenager x-men or what? cant this franchise evolve and see the characters growing and the universe getting bigger without constantly going back to the past, and to teenagers? this is so tiring and it makes it even harder to enjoy this franchise. Marvel has their whole universe built around an adult cast and the audience get to know them over multiple movies while they grown. But xmen fans cant get that apparently "lets bring another younger version, for 10th time". damm..... some people sound just like Fox execs sometimes.