Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

By the way, the fact that people are maxing out their DC dollars is another good reason for the company to start printing its floppies on newsprint. That would entice readers to buy more of DC's comics.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I just think we have to agree that average comic sales are now stuck from 40K and downward with the exception of Batman and events.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Or Bendis on Batwoman?
    No. Hell no.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Trinity has been canceled. It was selling better than Green Arrow and about the same as Aquaman.

77. AQUAMAN #31 $3.99 DC 25,474

79. TRINITY #16 $3.99 DC 25,178

85. GREEN ARROW #35 $3.99 23,682

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Trinity has been canceled. It was selling better than Green Arrow and about the same as Aquaman.

77. AQUAMAN #31 $3.99 DC 25,474

79. TRINITY #16 $3.99 DC 25,178

85. GREEN ARROW #35 $3.99 23,682
    So?

DC doesn't always end titles just because of sales numbers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So?

Well yeah, since they're still publishing Blue Beetle with sales of just 9K!

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    No. Hell no.
    That was my thought exactly when I saw that suggestion.

Please keep him far away from a Batwoman title. Batman title? Sure. Batwoman title? Please no.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So?

Well yeah, since they're still publishing Blue Beetle with sales of just 9K!
    So, what does the cancelation of Trinity (which, by the way, appears to be going to a twice-a-month status for March and April?) have to do with the topic of the thread if we don't any specifics regarding why it's ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post

Please keep him far away from a Batwoman title. Batman title? Sure. Batwoman title? Please no.
    Why is that. Bendis has written acclaim run with a female lead before for instance Alias. And his best stories many would say is his street level stories rather than his team books.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

How bout Copiel on Deathstroke?

Or new story directions by the current writers?
    They are not getting rid of Priest on Deathstroke ...not willingly, but new directions may be why we have that Deathstroke vs Batman storyline.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post

What about Catwoman?

BANNED

It looks more and more to me as if soon we'll have the top titles published twice monthly and everything else published in recurring minis.

No more monthlies.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

It looks more and more to me as if soon we'll have the top titles published twice monthly and everything else published in recurring minis.

No more monthlies.
    I like how it's always 'one way or the other' with you Trey. No middle ground whatsoever .

I agree that recurring minis will probably become a more prominent thing though. The fantastic current 'Mister Miracle' series by Tom King is a great example of how effective a mini series can be.

Monthlies aren't doomed though. We just might not get as many as previous times. You once predicted that Aquaman's time as a monthly was coming to an end but it's still there and those comments were easily over a year ago.

I hope so. I see no need for most of these titles to exist. I would be much more likely to pick up a mini with a definite beginning and ending for C list and lower characters. An arc isn't quite the same as there is always stuff carried over.

As an example, I like Vixen and I like Phantom Stranger but I wouldn't buy a series about them. But give me a 4 to 6 issue limited series about them and I will consider it.

That way you can put the top talent on the ongoing books which will hopefully raise sales on books that DC will likely always publish like Aquaman, Green Arrow, etc... New writers/artists or creators who want to do a 2nd title can do the minis. Marvel and DC always spread themselves way too thin talent wise. If a character has a few high selling minis then try them out as an ongoing (if the talent is available!).

No more monthlies.
    Gosh, does that mean they'll stop publishing Superman and Action Comics once Bendis' monthly runs start?!?