Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will Leon Nunez AKA Ink's Tattoo artist ever get explored?

I mean lets face it Ink is a walking deus-ex. X-men Golds writing has been horrible, but why even bring this low on the totem pole character back Ink when Rachel or a psychic that knows how to "telepathically deaden" Peter & Kurt's physical pain just long enough until they got back for some medical attention. Such a odd choice of character if you really aren't gonna bother explaining a guy that basically seems like a one man army.

Put yourselves in the shoes of someone that doesn't read comics that much. And this is supposed to be THE frontline X men book. Anyone would ask who the hell is this dude.
    Last edited by ChibaMariners; 01-19-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Cause he's Guggy's baby. Probably mad no one else used him since Young X-Men.

Most writers prefer to use characters that they have created or feel more affection is nothing new. If we are to condemn him for this we will have to do the same with several other writers.

Personally I'm more concerned with the way he uses characters like Storm and Rachel than the few scenes with Ink.

Moreover her powers are not bad her abilities have limitations but her nature makes him a tool for any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Most writers prefer to use characters that they have created or feel more affection is nothing new. If we are to condemn him for this we will have to do the same with several other writers.

Personally I'm more concerned with the way he uses characters like Storm and Rachel than the few scenes with Ink.

Moreover her powers are not bad her abilities have limitations but her nature makes him a tool for any situation.
    No one is condemning him just because he's using his own character. It's the fact that he made two significantly better-written characters and he chooses to use the worst one of the bunch.

I can't think of any user on here (off the top of my head) that hates Graymalkin or Cipher. But I can already think of five that hate Ink and have great explanations as for why.

BANNED

Looking at Ink in X-Men Gold, Leon Nunez must be a shitty and unimaginative tattoo artist. A zig zag lightning bolt, peace symbol, hazard symbol, little angel wings.

I wonder if Leon gave Daken his hideous tribal tattoo? It would explain Daken's ability to be an absolute **** at all times.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 02-10-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Looking at Ink in X-Men Gold, Leon Nunez must be a shitty and unimaginative tattoo artist. A zig zag lightning bolt, peace symbol, hazard symbol, little angel wings.

I wonder if Leon gave Daken his hideous tribal tattoo? It would explain Daken's ability to be an absolute **** at all times.
    Well each one is supposed to represent a super power

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well each one is supposed to represent a super power
    Yes, my point is that they're boring.

Ink's lightning bolt tattoo...

What it should be...

Fastest delivery in the five boroughs? Great, maybe he can get a job elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I think it's upsetting this flat scan is using this guy as a mutant power machine and the guy barely gets lip service. Why hasn't a baddy kidnapped the guy and made a powered army? you could go so many interesting wwaays with the guy beyond justifying Ink's existance.

With that powerset he'd definitely be a baddie. It would be too easy if the X-men had a instant power creator on call.

I thought the tattoo artist was in a coma or something? I guess Guggenheim just wanted to give Ink a power up I'm not a fan of Ink, not because of the character and the concept, but on how nothing interesting has ever been done with him. However, he has potential to be a better character - he must have insecurities if he keeps adding more powers, so some exploration would be nice
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I can't think of any user on here (off the top of my head) that hates Graymalkin
    He's got an ugly and uninspired design. He's literally just a less emasciated Gollum.
    His powers and personality are boring.
    He was shoehorned into Xavier's family tree for no reason.
    No other writer liked him enough to ever bother following up on the fact that he's been a man out of his own time so we never really saw much of his adjustment. And it's been years so that ship has sailed and we're just stuck with more boring wallpaper.

Cipher is alright though.

BANNED

I think it's great conceptually. Leon Nunez could essentially repower mutants, or give a power boost to existing mutants. This isn't ever addressed though, and instead, he's just used to prop up Guggenheims pet creation Ink, who, in theory, could be all-powerful. Each issue of Gold has several teammates unconscious or otherwise incapacitated, and Ink doesn't ever evolve as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    No one is condemning him just because he's using his own character. It's the fact that he made two significantly better-written characters and he chooses to use the worst one of the bunch.

I can't think of any user on here (off the top of my head) that hates Graymalkin or Cipher. But I can already think of five that hate Ink and have great explanations as for why.
    I don't hate Graymalkin or Cipher, but I don't think either of them are that interesting tbh. I'm not sure either of them are better than Ink necessarily either. I'd rather read about many of their classmates at the Institute, though not under Guggenheims pen that's for damn sure.

It's a rather heavyhanded example of a minority character being "sacrificed" for a white character. Unless I'm grasping at straws but it kinda seems obvious. Not that there's a insidious motive behind it its an unfortunate trope the xmen ironically use a lot..... Revanche and Betsy....Astrid Bloom and Emma Frost, Hope and Bishop, Magma and Volcano guy, Tempo and Eva, Skin, Mondo, Synch, and Chamber. ..you think if blink didn't have looong flowy hair in AoA she'd been put in Exiles?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    It's a rather heavyhanded example of a minority character being "sacrificed" for a white character. Unless I'm grasping at straws but it kinda seems obvious. Not that there's a insidious motive behind it its an unfortunate trope the xmen ironically use a lot..... Revanche and Betsy....Astrid Bloom and Emma Frost, Hope and Bishop, Magma and Volcano guy, Tempo and Eva, Skin, Mondo, Synch, and Chamber. ..you think if blink didn't have looong flowy hair in AoA she'd been put in Exiles?
    Not everything is about race.