Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Dan Slott officially leaving Amazing Spider-Man

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/dan-s...-iron-man.html

Interesting things of note

-He was planning on leaving since 2014 after all the work he did on Spider-Verse
    -Kept telling us he was staying on the book forever as a joke
    -He is not writing any other Spider-Man book like some speculated
    -He is doing Iron Man next
    -Not any details given about the final story arc at all
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 01-19-2018 at 09:21 AM.

BANNED

I've got a gut feeling Slott might want to keep MJ on Iron Man, given he kept teasing she'd date Tony on here, coupled with the way he wrote them in "Power Play"

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I've got a gut feeling Slott might want to keep MJ on Iron Man, given he kept teasing she'd date Tony on here, coupled with the way he wrote them in "Power Play"
    My first thought about him on Iron Man was that MJ was apart of that book now too lol, but I do think there is a lot of potential with Slott on that book. I think he could make Ironheart a good character.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 01-19-2018 at 09:28 AM.

I think MJ sticking around in Iron Man would depend on how Bendis ends his run, and whether or not the next ASM writer wants to use her.

I still would love to see a Slott written FF, but this change was probably in the works long before the people at Marvel Comics knew about the Disney/Fox deal. I think Slott could do a good Iron Man run. And I'm curious what elements he'll keep around from the Bendis days and what he'll do on his own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/dan-s...-iron-man.html

Interesting things of note

-He was planning on leaving since 2014 after all the work he did on Spider-Verse
    -Kept telling us he was staying on the book forever as a joke
    -He is not writing any other Spider-Man book like some speculated
    -He is doing Iron Man next
    -Not any details given about the final story arc at all
    It was interesting to see that he was genuinely interested being the guy who had written more Spider Man than anybody, but he could never hit that
    milestone as long as Bendis was there.

I wonder who the top 5 longest tenured Spider Writers are.

And who is in the #3 spot (if Bendis is #1 and Slott is #2)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It was interesting to see that he was genuinely interested being the guy who had written more Spider Man than anybody, but he could never hit that
    milestone as long as Bendis was there.
    That, or the newspaper strip writers.

I hope that issue#801 is a good send off from Slott and the next writer will hopefully build on that instead of ignoring it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I gotta say, I'm not gonna miss him but I respect how long he was on the title.

Also: Marvel is missing out on cashing in on treating #801 as a #1.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

I have no doubt they will relaunch after 801, 802 is a weird place to start a new writer plus there a rumors of them already relaunching a lot of books soon anyways.

So does that mean that Otto will become an Iron Man villain? :P

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

No thakn you. Thats been the problem with Marvel for far too long. We don't need anymore WORTHLESS issue #1. Remember when a new issue 1 actually meant something and somewhere along the line it grew in value. All these new #1's do is confuse the readers and sure MAYBE it hits a huge bump in sales but thats because so many casuals assume it may be worth something in 5 or 10 years and it never does because its over saturated.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I have no doubt they will relaunch after 801, 802 is a weird place to start a new writer plus there a rumors of them already relaunching a lot of books soon anyways.
    I'm not entirely convinced. I think what they're going to do is treat it as a new #1, and include #1 on the cover (for the arc, like they've done in the past), but keep the numbering itself.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    No thakn you. Thats been the problem with Marvel for far too long. We don't need anymore WORTHLESS issue #1. Remember when a new issue 1 actually meant something and somewhere along the line it grew in value. All these new #1's do is confuse the readers and sure MAYBE it hits a huge bump in sales but thats because so many casuals assume it may be worth something in 5 or 10 years and it never does because its over saturated.
    I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying for them to relaunch it. By 'treating it as a new number 1' I moreso meant introducing the new creative team and direction with 801, instead of what will now be 802.

Wouldn't surprise me if the new writer started work on ASM #801 to make for a smoother transition.

So Dan stayed on the book for four extra years, even though he didn't really want to, just to reach some personal milestones?