Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They called him the lynchpin of the Marvel CINEMATIC Universe. Which is true, he started it.
    Thanks for clarifying. I misread. I maybe jumped to conclusions because they tried to spin it the other way when Brian Michael Bendis was announced for Iron Man.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Well, all the best to Slott on Iron Man. I hope that "Go Down Swinging" will be as amazing, spectacular, and sensational a finale as Slott's run (which was one of my absolute favorites - until he started putting "the toys back in the box" as he says) deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gwen debuted in Edge of Spider-Verse #2. Her creators are her main creative team, Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez.
    Thanks for the correction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Good god why?
    Because Superior Foes of Spider-Man was a thing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Serious question - did this run do anything significant that hasn't been retconned or undone?

Maybe Ock's new body?
    Ock's new body is going to be the big continuing situation (presumably) when his run ends. Depending on how 801 ends, maybe Red Goblin, too. However, he very nicely (without breaking them) put a bunch of new toys in the toy box that someone else can pull out at their leisure. Peter's PhD, Horizon Labs, Anna Maria, etc. now exist and can be used in the future. You also can't entirely omit (since he was one of the brain trust for BND) how many things he was part of re-establishing (for good or for ill) - Harry is alive again, Jonah and Peter are step-brothers, Liz Allen is running Alchemax, and a few other things.

In the grand scheme of things, when you look at any long run on a character, it's more often than not that there aren't a ton of new things one can point to that are permanent changes. Grant Morrison's 70-80 issue run on Batman has the creation of Professor Pyg, Batwing, and Damian and the mythology of Barbatos as the only pieces left of it that are used by anyone else (two of those are pretty minor contributions, and the Barbatos stuff only came back up 7 years later). I don't think you can really judge how much of Slott's contributions will have legs until we get a few years down the road and see what the Spider-man mythos looks like.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So does that mean that Otto will become an Iron Man villain? :P
    I kind of hope so, actually. I loved what Slott did with Otto in the Spidey books, and he would make a good foil for Stark too

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I kind of hope so, actually. I loved what Slott did with Otto in the Spidey books, and he would make a good foil for Stark too
    Yeah, that'd be pretty cool.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I'd be okay with Otto showing up once in a while in Iron Man books too, I like the idea of villains going to fight another hero (And maybe the villain will even be more fitting to fight that other hero because of power set or their theme). Hopefuly Slott doesn't give Otto a knock off Iron Man armor, Superior Iron Otto or Superior Iron Spider (Though Aaron is using that one) would be pushing the bullshit Otto gets too far lol.

Given how much focus Otto has gotten in Slott's run, maybe Slott taking him to Iron Man for a while would give ASM the break from Doc Ock that it needs .

(Not that Norman is much better).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Given how much focus Otto has gotten in Slott's run, maybe Slott taking him to Iron Man for a while would give ASM the break from Doc Ock that it needs .
    If history repeats itself (I really hope it doesn't), then we'll have too much focus on Otto in Iron Man too, until he's inevitably kicked into Spider-Man comics, and hopefuly the stupid cycle I'm imagining doesn't happen lol

(Not that Norman is much better).
    Maybe Norman is working overtime to compensate the fact he was gone for twenty-something years
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 01-19-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Okay, did not expect Slott would be transferring to Iron Man. Kinda ironic in retrospect that his ASM series had Spidey doing Iron Man things. Hope he's happy there.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

All the best for Mister Slott writing Iron Man post Amazing Spider-Man#801.
    I have been a fan for almost all stories of Dan Slott in Amazing Spider-Man ever since the start of Brand New Day,so it is disapointing knowing this news.
    Anyways i know for sure that Dan Slott stories in Amazing Spider-Man will be missed and hopefully the next writer of Amazing Spider-Man carry on the greatness this series had ever since the start of Brand New Day.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Wait a second. Since Slott planned this since 2014. Was PI and Peter being a poor man's Tony, Just Slott testing how to write Iron Man? And also with Dan being a fan of MJ with Tony, MJ is already in Iron Man books, and him hinting at issue 798 pissing more people then 700. Do you think he'll have MJ get with Tony? I can see Slott pulling something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's his dream job, which I assume isn't a lie, so I'd probably do the same thing also.
    Yeah but that's proves what myself and many other people have been saying for years now. That Slott stayed on ASM for too long. If he felt burned out, and ready to call it a day. But instead kept going to build up your catalog and not really to tell good stories. That is going to hurt the book.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpackers90 View Post
    Wait a second. Since Slott planned this since 2014. Was PI and Peter being a poor man's Tony, Just Slott testing how to write Iron Man? And also with Dan being a fan of MJ with Tony, MJ is already in Iron Man books, and him hinting at issue 798 pissing more people then 700. Do you think he'll have MJ get with Tony? I can see Slott pulling something like this.
    We'll have to wait and see, as we know Zdarsky has been wanting to use her also.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpackers90 View Post

Yeah but that's proves what myself and many other people have been saying for years now. That Slott stayed on ASM for too long. If he felt burned out, and ready to call it a day. But instead kept going to build up your catalog and not really to tell good stories. That is going to hurt the book.
    Yeah. Being the Doctor was a dream job for David Tennant and Peter Capaldi, but both made sure not to stay too long on Doctor Who (they both lasted four years).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman