Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    The person who is looking to hit marks is going to have the mindset that quality is necessary. If they are trying to set records, they are going to want to look good doing it.
    Not necessarily no. A lot of people and companies have released different types of products where sales was important. When Marvel was going for sales record for most selling copies in the early 90's it had little to do with quality or waiting to tell a good story and more to do with getting huge sales numbers. When you have hit the benchmark you can be careless of the quality laugh all the way to the bank. Does everybody do this? No of cause not. It would also be ill-adviced since it only most of the time works temporary. However a person can be focused on hitting benchmarks for the sake of hitting benchmarks and don't give a flying rat's a$$ about the quality of the products. If every person and every company have the integrity and only release good products we would only have good products in the world. Sadly that is not the case.

I can't wait until the Mandarin mind swaps with Tony to make the Superior Iron-man and sends Pepper to the convent.
    Hail Hydra!

Superior Iron Man already happened, as a result of Axis.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Superior Iron Man already happened, as a result of Axis.
    And it was actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I have hated Ironman since childhood. That said this is a good thing. I think Slott is a good writer. Even though I think he should’ve been pulled from Amazing Spider-man when he cost that title tens of thousands in sales monthly with his Superior horseshit.
    I've never cared much for Iron Man either, except when done by David Michelinie. Why don't they bring him back.

Sandy Hausler

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    And it was actually pretty good.
    tbh I had no interest in reading Iron Man comics till I read Superior Iron Man...

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    tbh I had no interest in reading Iron Man comics till I read Superior Iron Man...
    Taylor did a nice job with that one. Kind of wish he got a shot at continuing with Invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    When was the last time we've had a new Crimson Dynamo? He/She could be a good enemy or ally to bring in for a new run.
    Wouldn't we be on our 10th or 11th Dynamo at this point ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Who's getting Amazing though? Chip's been improving but I don't think he can handle two books yet.
    Rumor has it that it'll be Nick Spencer.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I can't wait until the Mandarin mind swaps with Tony to make the Superior Iron-man and sends Pepper to the convent.
    it'd be good for Mandarin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Rumor has it that it'll be Nick Spencer.
    I think Spencer is good. I enjoyed his Falcon. It was a hell of a lot better than the new Falcon series. As long as the editors does their jobs and tells him that turning him into a Nazi or has the Green Goblin posses Spider-man is a stupid idea and that he can't do either I think Spencer would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Going by the Marvel Wikia we have had around 13 Dynamos

Mighty Member

lot of people and companies have released different types of products where sales was important. When Marvel was going for sales record for most selling copies in the early 90's it had little to do with quality or waiting to tell a good story and more to do with getting huge sales numbers.
    Slott specifically built a sunsete in to his run on Spider-Man. He wanted to hit a mark because it is an accomplishment. he gets paid no more for being on the same title than he would for jumping to a new title.

I've never cared much for Iron Man either, except when done by David Michelinie. Why don't they bring him back.
    Is Michelinie still working in the industry?

Taylor did a nice job with that one. Kind of wish he got a shot at continuing with Invincible.
    Keep in mind, the wheels were turning to get Bendis on "Iron Man" before Gillen had left to work on "Star Wars". (Gillen may have used the adoption angle well. But, it was almost certainly there to set up for Bendis' run on "Iron Man"....which I am still not sure of the point for.)

As much as I like Taylor, he only got the spot because Gillen took the offer to write "Star Wars". He did an excellent job. But, he was filing in before "Secret Wars".

Going by the Marvel Wikia we have had around 13 Dynamos
    Why....just....why?
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/