Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Superman's Red Trunks Return in Action #1000

I'm surprised this wasn't on here already: https://www.cbr.com/superman-red-tru...action-comics/

Miles To Go will certainly be happy.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-19-2018 at 10:27 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Ugh.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I think that's a cool throwback IMO.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

I can't think of a more fitting return for the trunks then on the cover of Action #1000 .

BANNED

More details here

http://ew.com/books/2018/01/19/actio...an-red-trunks/

A new story using unpublished Curt Swan art

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't think of a more fitting return for the trunks then on the cover of Action #1000 .
    Agreed. Plus, they've been gone for ~ seven years so I think it's fine.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'd be completely indifferent if people hadn't been making such a huge deal for these seven years. Hilarious that they're treating it like a new costume because of the cuffs, which look random and sort of defeat the point of bringing back the classic look.

Well when you're right you're right and those who kept believing they'd be back were right. I humbly stand corrected.

I never really cared one way or another and still don't. Hell at the very least I do applaud the return of the oval. I never liked replacements for the belt buckle, be it a square or the shield crest. The only thing that bothers me is that this really drives home to me the strong likelihood that we are indeed headed toward more timeline changes, ones that will surely be a full-tilt revert to post-Crisis. The only exception being the existence of Jon. And none of that appeals to me at all.

The cuffs are still ugly though. Pointless movie adaptation.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-19-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I just don't like the aesthetic. It's silly.

I'm confused, is this a new permanent look or just for the cover? If it's for the cover I don't mind it so much.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I know some dislike them but to me it always feels like an Elseworlds when he's not wearing the trunks so I'm happy to see them back.

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

I've honestly been pleased with the fact that they're simply part of Superman's history again. I didn't really need him to go back to a costume that incorporated them, especially so soon after we got the current outfit. It's enough that it's just rightfully acknowledged as what he wore in most of his classic adventures. In the current timeline, he wore it up until the Electric Superman story, and, then, when Lois was pregnant with Jon and what's tantamount to the Loeb era began, he switched to the New 52 suit. That worked for me.

However, I won't try to pretend that the Rebirth and the Reborn costumes have always felt a bit naked without them. No matter how many times you try to reinvent the thing, the trunks simply can't be beaten. So sure, why not. Truthfully, I'm more excited about the Rebirth blue cuffs coming back. I don't know why, but those things really grew on me.

I'm not sure I like those Rebirth style cuffs but I grinned when I saw the red trunks on Superman. I wasn't ever a massive trunks advocate but there's something right about seeing Superman wearing trunks again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

I'm confused, is this a new permanent look or just for the cover? If it's for the cover I don't mind it so much.
    I suspect this is why you only saw Clark dressed for bed at the start of Doomsday Clock, to conceal the return of the trunks until we got this information

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Man, that costume is such a downgrade compared to his Reborn costume. I don't mind the trunks, I've gotten used to them reading past Superman stories, so it is what it is on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I suspect this is why you only saw Clark dressed for bed at the start of Doomsday Clock, to conceal the return of the trunks until we got this information
    But he didn't have the trunks on the Doomsday Clock cover either.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

All the articles make it sound like its permanent.

But man, that writing lineup is seriously weak. Outside of Simonson and Jurgens its all just flavors of today, not those who've ever done anything great or much at all with the character to deserve a spot. The art duties on the other hand is really strong, but man, what a disappointing line up of writers.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-19-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El