Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    You realize that, actually, a lot of Pre-Flashpoint stuff has come back in the Bat-books. For example, Tim Drake getting his old origin back in the pages of Detective Comics and even Snyder contradicting Zero Year in favor of Batman's first origin story in Batman: Lost.
    And both moves sucks terribly.

I'm around sometimes NeuroticNyx's Avatar

I'm happy the briefs are back. The Reborn suit did the best job at doing what the briefs did (breaking up the blue, adding a splash of yellow) but they're a poor substitute.

As far as I see it, they didn't become outdated over the decades he's been in comics, so I don't see why our decades have to be different, aside from people who have to deconstruct everything. If anything, it fits that Superman would be old-fashioned, the kind of person who would save people in a low-budget costume that looks like his mom made it for him. It's good to see the return of the big, blue (and a little red and yellow) boyscout.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Actually most fans would disagree with you, especially in regards to Tim Drake. Him being robbed of his time as Robin was something a LOT of fans had issues with in the New 52.

An open ended canon is always best to allow fans to pick and choose what they want when dealing with characters with vast histories. Also I think both those decisions with Batman were fantastic.

Actually most fans would disagree with you, especially in regards to Tim Drake. Him being robbed of his time as Robin was something a LOT of fans had issues with in the New 52.
    And I should care about it because ? Tim is and has always been a boring character, there to be a sidekick and nothing more and when he was kicked out by Damian (a far more interesting character), he became a poor copy of Bruce, so...

Oh yes my 5 biggest grips with the New 52 was losing the histories of Tim Drake, Wally West, the Titans, and JSA and also some of the changes to Superman.

And I should care about it because ? Tim is and has always been a boring character, there to be a sidekick and nothing more and when he was kicked out by Damian (a far more interesting character), he became a poor copy of Bruce, so...
    Well honestly everything you've just said is your opinion and nothing else and given more people seem to like the change over dislike it DC made the right decision.

Extraordinary Member

Well, Tim has a very passionate fanbase. He was also the only Robin to deduce that Bruce was Batman and prove himself to Bruce before becoming Robin. So, therefore, he can't be that boring of a character.

Also, regardless of your personal feelings, its just a fact: fans of the character didn't like it. Therefore, DC appeased its fans. That's what a business does: try to fit the demands of its consumers.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-19-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well honestly everything you've just said is your opinion and nothing else and given more people seem to like the change over dislike it DC made the right decision.
    Perhaps, but I would really like for nostalgia fanatics to stop act as if they were the only ones in the right. They like it because in their opinion, it's good. Them being more numerous than peoples who feel the opposite doesn't make it right, and considering the way comics's markets keep getting smaller and nsmalle despite Rebirth, it doesn't seem to work to attract new readers anyway. And the return of those ugly trunks won't help Superman in the least.
    Last edited by Korath; 01-19-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    As always, "What Ascended said".
    >bro-fist!<

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think Lee just drawn the costume as the fans expect it to be drawn. It's not his fault.
    I dunno man. On one hand, its a huge anniversary issue so a degree of nostalgia is called for. But on the other, a good businessman gives consumers what they don't realize they want.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Perhaps, but I would really like for nostalgia fanatics to stop act as if they were the only ones in the right. They like it because in their opinion, it's good. THem being more numerous than peoples who feel the opposite doesn't make it right, and considering the way comics's markets keep getting smaller andnsmaller. And the return of those ugly trunks won't help SUperman in the least.
    Well, those markets kept on shrinking in the almost 7 years that Superman was trunkless. So, I don't think we can blame their return for any loss in customers because losing them didn't lead to any prolonged sales increase.

I mean, that wouldn't be the worst outcome.
    It is if you are also a fan of the pre-Crisis era. It's always POST-Crisis this and POST-Crisis that, I wish there was more pre-crisis love! At least Post-Crisis ended up resembling Pre-Crisis more by Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticNyx View Post
    I'm happy the briefs are back. The Reborn suit did the best job at doing what the briefs did (breaking up the blue, adding a splash of yellow) but they're a poor substitute.

As far as I see it, they didn't become outdated over the decades he's been in comics, so I don't see why our decades have to be different, aside from people who have to deconstruct everything. If anything, it fits that Superman would be old-fashioned, the kind of person who would save people in a low-budget costume that looks like his mom made it for him. It's good to see the return of the big, blue (and a little red and yellow) boyscout.
    I like the briefs because color was missing from Superman, even the Reborn costume had way too much blue!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    It is if you are also a fan of the pre-Crisis era. It's always POST-Crisis this and POST-Crisis that, I wish there was more pre-crisis love! At least Post-Crisis ended up resembling Pre-Crisis more by Flashpoint.
    Infinite Crisis basically erased the distinction between Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis by restoring a bunch of the Pre-Crisis canon that was erased by COIE. At least, that's how DC saw it.

And, honestly, I loved that. I love the classic DC continuity from both before and after COIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    I didn't expect this, but there wasn't a better occasion for the red trunks to return than 1000th issue.

The problem with removing them is that DC never managed to create a version of his costume that would become a new classic. Instead there was always something missing.
    Color was missing, with the trunks gone there was an absence of color form Supes' suit. Trunks or no trunks, Superman's suit was pretty pain with blue boots and a thin red belt. Even the yellow belt was marginalized initially.