Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Embryonic Superman View Post
    I'll agree that the cover is a bit underwhelming for Action #1000. I don't know what I expected. Maybe a book bound in a pleather cover with the heft of a Bible rather than your standard comic book.
    I'm sure there will be a ton of variants for this issue, so at least we will have more too look at than just Lee's cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Embryonic Superman View Post
    I'll agree that the cover is a bit underwhelming for Action #1000. I don't know what I expected. Maybe a book bound in a pleather cover with the heft of a Bible rather than your standard comic book.
    Very true, I'm not sure what I expected either. But I just assumed I would see it and be wowed. So probably a problem of setting my own expectations too high.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

The trunks or no trunks debate is definitely a unique topic amongst the Superman fandom. It only makes sense that they'd be finally brought back for Action Comics #1000.

Once again, superheroes don't know how to dress themselves.

It's sad how regressive Corporate Comics really are. "Can't be Superman unless he's warming his ballsack with crimson spandex".

I'm sure this is the big move that will bring new readers flocking in. Retailers will be millionaires overnight.

Watch this space; Forget the tshirts, Red trunks to be the must have accessory for 2018.

F**k this fan-w**king s**t-show. I'm tired of waiting for this nonsense to get readable.

I'm not even excited for Bendis anymore.

Well, that's really an ugly costume, even without taking the trunk into account. How well, I guess that Superman really like to be associated with ridicule outside of his fan's circles...

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Batman's fans largely don't seem to care one way or the other, so I really don't think they'll bother. You never get debates on whether his trunks should come back or stay gone, and you only occasionally get discussions about the logo. At least in my experience. The resistance over any changes to Superman's costume is largely unique to him.
    I think it's because Superman very quickly settled on a standard outfit that was reflected in cartoons, television, and movies. Outside of the shield's evolution, Superman's look remained relatively untouched for decades. Batman shifted to his "New Look" yellow oval look right before he blew up in 1966, and then when Batmania exploded again in 1989 he was depicted in a black-and-yellow rubber costume. Meanwhile, the popularity of stories like Year One depicted him in the costume sans oval, so fans got accustomed to a lot of varied yet equally valid looks for the character. Superman never really had that luxury, outside of stories that were clearly never going to be a permanent status quo.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The resistance over any changes to Superman is largely unique to him.
    Fixed for you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    But he didn't have the trunks on the Doomsday Clock cover either.
    Yes, but he was being deconstructed on that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    I'm not even excited for Bendis anymore.
    You wouldn't have been excited anyway. Bendis always wanted a "back to basics" Superman as a dream project

Actually the animation from the trailer showed he was being reconstructed. The gears were forming Superman, not taking him apart.

I mean, its obviously a detail that we know now means nothing in regards to the costume, but the overall theme seems to be reconstruction.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman, as a character, will never be allowed to progress.

I love the classic look, but it's silly to say that HAS to be Superman all the time.

Superman wore jeans and a t shirt in Action Comics, and it was some of the best comics he's had in forever.

Tell me that this is real and not only for AC 1000..

THE TRUNKS LOOK AWESOME IN THIS IMAGE.. SUPERMAN IS COMPLETE AGAIN.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-19-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Superman, as a character, will never be allowed to progress.

I love the classic look, but it's silly to say that HAS to be Superman all the time.

Superman wore jeans and a t shirt in Action Comics, and it was some of the best comics he's had in forever.
    But it turns out all of that was done kicking and screaming behind-the-scenes and never would have otherwise happened. Ironic that the only time I've really enjoyed DC since I was a kid was because they were doing things they really didn't want to do, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm okay with this, but I don't care what era of superheroes this is. Anyone who wears his underwear on the outside, no matter how iconic he may be, still looks kind of goofy.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

But it turns out all of that was done kicking and screaming behind-the-scenes and never would have otherwise happened. Ironic that the only time I've really enjoyed DC since I was a kid was because they were doing things they really didn't want to do, lol.
    Rebirth has been the first instance of me really loving Superman again since I was knee deep in college, I remember wandering off as a regular reader shortly after Our Worlds At War, with the occasional dips here and there when good buzz centred on Geoff and Donner

I still find it weird fans have problems with a fictional character wearing trunks on the outside.