Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    Saying "the trunks are outdated" is like saying "superhero costumes are outdated."

No, we don't see circus strongmen wearing trunks in the real world anymore. We don't see superheroes in the real world EVER!

There was never any need to fix what wasn't broken. I only hope Batman gets his trunks back ASAP. His costume looks very incomplete without them.

DC should never, never have given into the immature "he wears his underwear on the outside" bullshit. Trunks are part of the superhero genre and if you think they're embarrassing, don't read or write or draw superhero comics! Very simple!

The New 52 was a stunt and like all such stunts it worked for a very brief while and then collapsed. It wasn't needed. Just like CRISIS wasn't needed (it made for MORE confusion, not less).

I'll give DC credit for doing its very best to turn lemons into lemonade via Rebirth, and so far I've been very impressed with Doomsday Clock (Johns has obviously worked very, very, very hard writing it). But there was nothing wrong with the DCU in 2010 that good writing couldn't have fixed. No need to press the cosmic reset button.
    100 Percent Correct!

THE REAL CULPRIT in all of this, would be the very much "OUT DATED" ideas of; self centered conformity, intolerance and ignorance, which are the very same poisons that don't allow for true progressive growth and diversity to flourish and for societies to naturally evolve, if those looks, attitudes and philosophies DO-NOT conform and adhere to what their ideas of Cool and Hip acceptability are.

The problem never was Superman’s classic costume with the attached belt trunks or, Superman himself for that matter (although, Superman is used, wrongly as scapegoat of convenience, as it difficult to admit to certain problems)

The Superman Red Trunks Syndrome SRTS!
    This whole debate would make a tremendous study on peoples perceptions and misconceptions and, why they think things are (thought to be), but are really not, as you have a deep polarization of peoples feelings-philosophies one way or, the other :

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I honestly don't see Henry Cavill renewing hos contract after this next movie(and it'll also be a true conclusion to the man of steel trilgoy with clark and lois getting married), but I do think the next actor probably will.
    Then it would be time to re-boot the franchise (I'd imagine) but, with the multi-verse in play it really opens up a variety options one where Superman is not married, one where he is married (Lois or Diana or whom ever) etc...

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

A tease of King and Mann's story, with the trucks.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    Saying "the trunks are outdated" is like saying "superhero costumes are outdated."

No, we don't see circus strongmen wearing trunks in the real world anymore. We don't see superheroes in the real world EVER!

There was never any need to fix what wasn't broken. I only hope Batman gets his trunks back ASAP. His costume looks very incomplete without them.

DC should never, never have given into the immature "he wears his underwear on the outside" bullshit. Trunks are part of the superhero genre and if you think they're embarrassing, don't read or write or draw superhero comics! Very simple!
    I agree. Embrace the silliness of superhero costumes. Embrace the fiction, the unreality. That's what Morrison and probably others think we have gotten away from too much since Watchmen and DKR.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-31-2018 at 01:07 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Is that a nuke? Please that be a nuke, we need more 'Superman tanks getting hit by nuke' pages.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Looks like... someone dropped their deli ticket in the middle of a nuclear test field, and Superman decided to cut them a break. Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Looks like... someone dropped their deli ticket in the middle of a nuclear test field, and Superman decided to cut them a break. Sweet!
    I keep telling you, he's a hero of the people!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I'm happy the trunks are back. I did like the reborn belt, but its good to have the classic strongman trunks back.

This is a super long thread so forgive me if this was already pointed out, but the gauntlets seem to hearken back to the original Action Comics #1 suit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Glorious. And I see King has also confirmed via Twitter that the trunks are here to stay, for those still doubting.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

One thing I've noticed working in retail these last few months.

I've seen plenty of licenced products with the classic suit, the MOS suit and yes, the New 52 suit and even the original Rebirth suit ( the blue booted ,thin red belt) version, but I've yet to see the Reborn suit, I.E. the current trunkless one. Which makes me think the decision to put him back in the trunks was made a long time ago and that the Reborn suit was just a temporary placeholder until ACTION #1000 rolled around.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I wonder if Superman gets the trunks back in the movies or they will stick with the long johns look.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I wonder if Superman gets the trunks back in the movies or they will stick with the long johns look.
    I don't think they will necessarily bring them back on the big screen, but i wouldn't doubt that next time we see Supes on Supergirl that he'll be wearing the Trunks. After all they've established he has worn them in the past.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

I've seen plenty of licenced products with the classic suit, the MOS suit and yes, the New 52 suit and even the original Rebirth suit ( the blue booted ,thin red belt) version, but I've yet to see the Reborn suit, I.E. the current trunkless one. Which makes me think the decision to put him back in the trunks was made a long time ago and that the Reborn suit was just a temporary placeholder until ACTION #1000 rolled around.
    There's these two.

SDCC-2017-DC-Collectibles-Statues-029-928x483.jpg

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

Even during the New 52 era they were still making merchandise with the trunks. This suggests to me that even back then they had planned at some point in the future to return to the more classic look.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

That's some nice art .

(I still miss the Reborn costume).