Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

I am genuinely glad for people that are full on into things now. Its a good feeling to be totally on board with something. Its not for me anymore it seems, but not everything is going to be. I wandered off the first time after high school, just had other things going on. When I came back things were different, but that made it interesting, navigating the chances that had happened as I was gone (even if at the time I resisted certain things like Silver Age elements returning; I grew to appreciate and even prefer them). After IC though things just started going downhill for me. I didn't necessarily NEED a full stop reboot, but I did want changes so I really was hyped for it. And for me, it turned out more good than bad. Hardly perfect. But I had fun. Going back to the way things were when I was losing interest in the first place just happens to not be a match for me. There's one big difference and addition in Jon, but I don't like him even more, so yeah, lol. Its just a perfect storm of things I don't want. But for those who do, seriously and in all genuineness, cheers.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-19-2018 at 11:45 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Amazing Member

He looks ridiculous

BANNED

I'm sorry to read Jon hasn't grown on you man. Took me a while to get attached to Connor in my day...though I did take to Chris immediately.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Superman, as a character, will never be allowed to progress.

I love the classic look, but it's silly to say that HAS to be Superman all the time.

Superman wore jeans and a t shirt in Action Comics, and it was some of the best comics he's had in forever.
    I find this comment ironic when Rebirth gave Clark and Lois a biological son, the first time that's happened in continuity.

Seems that DC was not joking when Superboy(superman son) talked with Superman about that..

He wanted to see his father using his trunks again..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-19-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Truly disappointing.

The red trunks are a big step backwards.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I never knew how much I missed the trunks. I also liked Batman with the trunks too.

Seems that if you never saw him during all your life(I have 24 years, I am very young) with trunks, you donīt like them..

I doubt that someone who saw all his life him with trunks, except in N52/rebirth, donīt miss them...

I know the character with trunks, Superman without trunks was strange for me..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-19-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I find this comment ironic when Rebirth gave Clark and Lois a biological son, the first time that's happened in continuity.
    Its a fair point. Its definitely a progression. Its just too bad it wasn't an organic progression. I'd have loved to actually go on the journey of them having a baby together, over an overnight overpowered kid. Had they actually done this a long time ago, they would have had the option to have the character grown on people naturally, and even then maybe as time passed you could do quick aging deal to get the kid to an age where you can then characterize them more fully, kinda like they did with Irey and Jai. I feel less jolted in those kind of aging scenarios.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-19-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    You wouldn't have been excited anyway. Bendis always wanted a "back to basics" Superman as a dream project
    That's pretty much always what Bendis does.

His Avengers run leading up to Secret Invasion - my favorite Avengers run of all time - is the epitome of going Back To Basics.

Fantastic Member

The cuffs, I imagine, will fade out over time... but it's a good, classic look. Doesn't exactly look like Jim Lee art, but that's OK.

I'm more interested in the solicitation blurbs. We get new stories drawn by Curt Swan, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, and Jerry Ordway. Win, win, win.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Seems that if you never saw him during all your life(I have 24 years, I am very young) with trunks, you donīt like them..

I doubt that someone who saw all his life him with trunks, except in N52/rebirth, donīt miss them...

I know the character with trunks, Superman without trunks was strange for me..
    I grew up with them in the cartoons. Still find the costume absolutely ridiculous with them. It's funny, I was precisely thinking about buying Action #1000 but now, well, I'll save my miney for other things.

SUPERMAN THEME, FOR CELEBRATE THIS:

And the TRUNKS:

Screen Shot 239.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-19-2018 at 12:01 PM.

I don't mind the trunks but I am a little bummed to lose the Reborn costume. It was a really snazzy and awesome costume and look for Supes .

(Also, I'll take a Jorge Jimenez costume over a Jim Lee one on a general basis).

Also going to look kind of funny with Superman in a retro costume when I don't expect Batman or Wonder Woman will .
    Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    That's pretty much always what Bendis does.

His Avengers run leading up to Secret Invasion - my favorite Avengers run of all time - is the epitome of going Back To Basics.
    I think that was more his Heroic Age or Mighty Avengers run (is the latter what you're referring too), or at least as close to back to basic Avengers work as Bendis could do.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its a fair point. Its definitely a progression. Its just too bad it wasn't an organic progression. I'd have loved to actually go on the journey of them having a baby together, over an overnight overpowered kid. Had they actually done this a long time ago, they would have had the option to have the character grown on people naturally, and even then maybe as time passed you could do quick aging deal to get the kid to an age where you can then characterize them more fully, kinda like they did with Irey and Jai. I feel less jolted in those kind of aging scenarios.
    Well, I actually blame the New 52 for that. If DC hadn't rebooted and erased Lois and Clark's marriage in the first place, then in 2011, they could have just had Lois reveal she was pregnant (by some means) and then go on the journey you wanted. Instead, because of the New 52, DC had to find a way to return both the marriage and introduce a child in a relatively...compressed amount of time.

Anyway, there's always the chance Lois could just get pregnant again. Who says they're limited to one kid?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-19-2018 at 12:06 PM.