Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1084

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Superman is a character that has been around for 80 years and yet all of a sudden in the last few years Superman needs to be deconstructed to make him relevant to the "modern" audiences.
    So what exactly has changed in the mindset of comic books fans that makes them no longer accept the Superman created 80 years ago. Why now, instead in 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000?
    Times when the country was in much more turmoil and there was far more drastic changes in fashion.
    You act like he hasn't been changed before. Superman always kept up with the times hense why he stayed relevant when all his contemporaries were getting canceled right and left. Bryne changed his entire personality and people just went with it, you can't do that now cause people are too damn rigid.

Here's a Solution, Why not just have the Trunks on the Cover and just use the Reborn suit in the issue it's self. Why use the Throwback suit in the actual issues? I'm a Dolfan I loved the original Helmet Logo but I also like the New Logo so when they wear the Throwback uniform in a game I'm happy but also welcome the return to the modern outfit in the following game.

You can't be precious with stuff or you'll get left behind.

Preview of Bendis/Lee Action 1000 spot:

https://www.newsarama.com/39450-new-...look-more.html

Looks good so far. Though I gotta admit, when the woman calls him "Mr. Superman" I can't help but hear Consuela from Family Guy.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Nothing here we haven't seen before

Astonishing Member

Those Gleason and King pages are far and away the best looking things so far. That's not a knock on the rest but it's just more my speed in terms of what I enjoy out of the character.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    You act like he hasn't been changed before. Superman always kept up with the times hense why he stayed relevant when all his contemporaries were getting canceled right and left. Bryne changed his entire personality and people just went with it, you can't do that now cause people are too damn rigid.
    Yep, even the Silver Age Superman was very different from the Golden Age social crusader. The S-shield itself has radically changed over the years. I don't really think the trunks mean anything one way or the other, and I do think they'll disappear again.

BANNED

The trunks are not as important as bringing the yellow belt with the oval in the middle back.put red through it like it is classically,and then more red around it,all the way around.problem solved

BANNED

That preview tells me that Kal was thrown through hypertine alternate Superman lifetimes,and this big ugly ass bad guy was "picked up" on the way home.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    That preview tells me that Kal was thrown through hypertine alternate Superman lifetimes,and this big ugly ass bad guy was "picked up" on the way home.
    Not likely; they're totally separate, unrelated stories.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Not likely; they're totally separate, unrelated stories.
    I think it's all connected,and it's not coincidence that those woman mentioned the change having his trunks

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So I guess this is what Bendis was saying when he said Metropolis citizens would react to the trunks being back in his run. Guess we can expect these jokes throughout his run. Interesting they are referred to as shorts here.

I'd argue the joke would only be sustainable for one issue, much less an entire run. It wouldn't be a killer by any stretch, but it would get annoying if it kept up.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

So I guess this is what Bendis was saying when he said Metropolis citizens would react to the trunks being back in his run. Guess we can expect these jokes throughout his run. Interesting they are referred to as shorts here.
    Looks like Bendis is going reflect and incorporate social commentary from Twitter and various social media platforms into his stories, while using it like a running 'court of public opinion' of our world veiw and talking points.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Tomasi and Gleason in top form there. Liked the little nod to the idea the reboots with Superman saying it was familiar. The story is 10 pages of splash pages, so excluding the first page and likely the last 1 or 2 with the resolution, that's 7 or 8 pages of Superman eras. Wonder how they'll divide the remaining eras?

Still good with Bendis writing so far, and Lee's art is a bit more dynamic and natural feeling than I've seen it in a while, so that's dope. All in all, pretty hype.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Yep, even the Silver Age Superman was very different from the Golden Age social crusader. The S-shield itself has radically changed over the years. I don't really think the trunks mean anything one way or the other, and I do think they'll disappear again.
    The trunks make up a pretty significant portion of Superman's suit design, because without them, it's just a big blue bodysuit with a chest symbol, and a red cape and boots. If the bodysuit had portions with a webbing pattern on it like Spider-Man's suit, for example, or red and white stripes on the torso like Captain America's suit, the lack of trunks would not be as noticeable. And I think the things they come up with to replace the trunks don't last because how original is a stylized belt that droops in the middle and has a belt buckle patterned after the chest symbol? That's basically the Joel Schumacher utility belt.

FOREVER+BELT.jpg

When your big idea to replace the classic Superman suit is taking notes from the Batman Forever costume designer and maybe also throwing in random seams(which change from one panel to the next) and a high collar, I'm sorry, that design is not going to go down in history as an iconic superhero suit and will be replaced almost yearly, which is more or less what has happened.
    Last edited by Last Son; 04-11-2018 at 12:29 AM.