Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Wow, I am very late to this news. And I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

Grant Morrison is probably rejoicing. We need to stop being ashamed of funny book superheroes and their very unreal and colorful ridiculous costumes.
    Well, it's not like Superman's costume ever stopped being a colorful and unreal costume without the Trunks.

I really think the Reborn costume did a great job of modernizing Superman's design while still keeping it recognizable and "classic" to a certain degree.

Something as trivial as this really shouldn't affect me this much, but I'm at work and have a really hard time keeping my professional cool.

Superman and Captain America in their iconic outfits. This pleases me greatly. As much as I liked the Reborn outfit (and I REALLY DID), this just feels right. He's the first superhero. He doesn't need to look cool, modern, or hip. He just needs to look like Superman.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Retired

Too bad for me that I'll be in another continent when this comic book drops. I would have liked to get it, but I think there's little chance of that by the time I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Superman and Captain America in their iconic outfits. This pleases me greatly. As much as I liked the Reborn outfit (and I REALLY DID), this just feels right. He's the first superhero. He doesn't need to look cool, modern, or hip. He just needs to look like Superman.
    Honestly, I don't know why I'm more embracing of Cap being in his classic duds then I am Superman.

I guess maybe because I think the Reborn suit worked to a degree with Superman that none of Cap's modern redesigns ever did.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Too bad for me that I'll be in another continent when this comic book drops. I would have liked to get it, but I think there's little chance of that by the time I get back.
    E-Bay/Amazon is your ally.

Conversely, you can request your local retailer to hold on to a copy for you.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I wonder if other characters like Wonder Woman and Batman will at least get a re-simplification of their costumes. Honestly, Superman will look pretty odd next to everyone if he's the only one going back to a classic look. Everyone else still has heavy armor-like details, seams, etc.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wonder if other characters like Wonder Woman and Batman will at least get a re-simplification of their costumes. Honestly, Superman will look pretty odd next to everyone if he's the only one going back to a classic look. Everyone else still has heavy armor-like details, seams, etc.
    I dunno, I think Wonder Woman's battle dress has been so well-received and widespread across media that I don't expect them to bring back the swimsuit/leotard anytime soon, ditto for Batman's, trunks which he hasn't had for even longer then Supes has been without the trunks.

But there isn't really a demand for a return to their classic/retro looks like there is for them that there is for Superman, from what I've seen.

You could probably pre-order it, if you know a trustful person to have it sent to. I've done that with comicXposure in the past.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But there isn't really a demand for a return to their classic/retro looks like there is for Superman that there is for Superman, from what I've seen.
    I definitely don't see Batman fans talking about it much, I think many just never thought they could return, but I know I've definitely voiced support for his trunks returning too.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Eh, perusing some shots from the JL Rebirth series, I guess it won't be that big a deal. The only superhero with trunks will be odd, but beyond that maybe not as bad as I imagined. Unless they give other heroes their trunks back too but I rather doubt that. As we've noted, its only really been a point of debate with Superman. No one else cares.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    He doesn't need to look cool, modern, or hip. He just needs to look like Superman.
    Of course, I remember when I saw Wonderwoman with this costume:

Screen Shot 241.jpg

Modern? I don´t know... But I don´t saw her as the real Wonderwoman, even if she was the real Diana...

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Wonder Woman is the least likely to return to her classic costume because in today's world, it would be widely perceived as sexist, and because her current outfit is almost universally well-received.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I suspect this will be massively overprinted. The price may rise at first, as people snap up issues to throw on eBay, but eventually it will end up in the discount bin alongside the wedding issue and the Death of Superman.

Kryptonian Fascist The Eradicator's Avatar

Called it months ago. About damn time!

The cuffs are a useless addition; DC just can't accept the fact the new 52 and the DCEU are massive failures. I predict that artists will just forget to include it over time and it'll quickly fade away.

As others have mentioned, I'd like Batman too to revert to his more classic-looking costume, trunks and all. They might as well have all the characters switch over to their classic looks and fully match the images used in DC's merchandise.
    Last edited by The Eradicator; 01-19-2018 at 01:16 PM.