Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    There's still the Flash's chin-strap and generally lightning-saturated look.

I think of all the characters who got a makeover from the New 52, Flash has retained the most (though we did see Barry dress in a very Silver Agey manner in the most recent issue of THE FLASH).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Chin-strap 4 life!!!!

And yeah, off the top of my head Barry and Harley Quinn seem to be the ones retaining their New52 visuals while everyone else slides back into pre-52 costumes. And in Harley's case, its not even a matter of costume, just a shift from a single outfit to a theme she uses across her wardrobe.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Doubt it at this point dead parents is a superhero staple that we just have to accept. Isnt Hippolyta dead now?
    Screw that. I think it’s sad and boring if EVERY hero is dealing with dead parent trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dunno man. On paper, that's what they do. But if you read Superman.....outside of Lana Lang (who hasn't been in a Superman book but her own solo)
    Actually Lana-as-Superwoman has been in a couple of Action Comics stories during Rebirth.

Chin-strap 4 life!!!!

And yeah, off the top of my head Barry and Harley Quinn seem to be the ones retaining their New52 visuals while everyone else slides back into pre-52 costumes. And in Harley's case, its not even a matter of costume, just a shift from a single outfit to a theme she uses across her wardrobe.
    Batman, isn't in a pre-52.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Can we just have Pre-52 origins instead of the terrible New-52 ones?

I dunno man. On paper, that's what they do. But if you read Superman.....outside of Lana Lang (who hasn't been in a Superman book but her own solo) and a few plot points that carried over to Rebirth (like Super-Lex or Kenan) I'm hard pressed to point at anything in the books that came from the New52. Clark's parents are still dead. That's largely about it.....and Doomsday Clock might be changing that anyway.

DC might have kept the New52 in theory but in practical application, there's damn little of it there at all. And most of what was left has either been removed already, ignored completely, or is on its way out the door as we speak.
    That would be if ignore Ulysses who showed up no too long ago, Mongul needing a new Warworld acknowledging that Sinestro events still happened, the two different fortress of Solitude, Superman Reborn aftermath which shown New52 Diana and New52 Superman was around when Lois was giving birth to Jon. Zod who's down to a tee the same Zod from Superman/Wonder Woman. Hell even the Justice League legacy story line hinted the Wonder Woman and Superman's relationship is still canon. These things weren't just erased they were folded into the history of the current Superman.

What DC has done is adapted the Marvel's loose approach to continuity and storylines.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Huh? New 52 Superman was not around when Jon was born. There never was two Supermen anymore. They merged. And the Superman Wonder Woman relationship is concretely out, DC's gone on explicit record with this. Legacy didn't hint at anything beyond the fact Diana trusted Hunter with Clark. Those things were indeed outright erased.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-20-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Huh? New 52 Superman was not around when Jon was born. There never was two Supermen anymore. They merged. And the Superman Wonder Woman relationship is concretely out, DC's gone on explicit record with this. Legacy didn't hint at anything beyond the fact Diana trusted Hunter with Clark. Those things were indeed outright erased.

Also Mongul has needed a new Warworld for over 20 years. So basically they can use that plot point and not have to commit to which era it comes from unless they specifically want to.
    @Bold reread Superman Reborn Aftermath then.
    Superman asked Kelex to run archived footage of his life and during Jon's birth it's the new52 version there completely decked out in the new52 outfit acknowledging that, that's apart of his history.

That was himself, the pre-FP Superman. He just wore that suit for a while in the revamped timeline. Those aren't the New 52 versions of the characters, they just folded over the costumes as something they wore for a time and retired. So I consider that a minor nod at best. In practice and in spirit, the New 52 Superman never existed. Hence why his and Diana's love story was erased.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-20-2018 at 09:47 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is precisely why I don't like Bruce having so many sidekicks and young heroes operating in Gotham, because unlike him and the villains, they are naturally going to age and have arcs that need to be catered to. But (unfortunately for some, fortunately for others) we are long past the point where we can get rid of them.
    The biggest problem is imo the fact that they aged Damian up to 13, with the rest you could it probably still work somehow, for example by increasing their starting ages slightly in comparison to pre flashpoint by a year or two. You could probably still fit everything in a 10 year frame.

But Dick and Jason being already 16 when they stared (like in the new 52) is imo to much. Pre flashpoint Jason died before he reached that age.

/edited out
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 01-21-2018 at 02:27 AM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The biggest problem is imo the fact that they aged Damian up to 13, with the rest you could it probably still work somehow, for example by increasing their starting ages slightly in comparison to pre flashpoint by a year or two. You could probably still fit everything in a 10 year frame.

But Dick and Jason being already 16 when they stared (like in the new 52) is imo to much. Pre flashpoint Jason died before he reached that age.
    Damian being a test tube baby artificially aged up by Talia is baked into his origin, so there's no problem there.

Jon Kent is another ball of wax, because his conception and birth take place after Lois & Clark's courtship and marriage, which includes the broad strokes of Superman's Post-Crisis career, including his death & return, all of which took place pretty well into the DCU's modern age.

I'm still waiting for them to use the B13 virus that made Metropolis all timey-whimey for a couple of years to explain how Jon Kent grew up so quick without the rest of the DCU aging ten years with him

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That was himself, the pre-FP Superman. He just wore that suit for a while in the revamped timeline. Those aren't the New 52 versions of the characters, they just folded over the costumes as something they wore for a time and retired. So I consider that a minor nod at best. In practice and in spirit, the New 52 Superman never existed. Hence why his and Diana's love story was erased.
    I think it's a bit of both. The New 52 versions of Lois & Clark have been reincorporated into the history of the Pre-Flashpoint Lois & Clark. Certain events didn't happen the same way, obviously, but the general gist of most of their exploits still happened. Diana & Clark's relationship has just been changed from romantic love to a pseudo-familial love.

Everything is vague enough that, until a creator makes something more concrete, the past can be anything the fans want it to be. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, Superman was running around with his jeans & t-shirt look for a couple of months doing his SJW thing when he first arrived in Metropolis.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 01-21-2018 at 05:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Damian being a test tube baby artificially aged up by Talia is baked into his origin, so there's no problem there.
    Which is very in consistent with flashbacks that show him as little kid and I don't think it was ever referenced again after the story arc that introduced it. And irrc Damian made in Super Sons several remarks like "I could do y allready when I was x years old".

I would be OK I wouldn't have a problem with him being artificially aged (and maybe even part of his skills and memories being artificial) but then it should be explored in the comics in some way.

I was always under the impression that Damian was only in test-tubes and all during the nine-months pregnancies, so Talia could keep leading Leviathan as she saw fit, and that he was out of the tanks after the usual length of pregnancies, perhaps a little bit longer but not too much.