Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    I’m hoping the Nora Allen death is one of the things that gets undone.
    Doubt it at this point dead parents is a superhero staple that we just have to accept. Isnt Hippolyta dead now?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Doubt it at this point dead parents is a superhero staple that we just have to accept. Isnt Hippolyta dead now?
    As far as we know, she’s hanging out on Themyscira right now, which is inaccessible to Diana and other mortals.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    while also releasing a stand along graphic novel/handbook that details the streamlined history of the Multiverse. And then just go from there. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash, Green Lantern and especially Batman don't require too much tinkering.
    I think to really clarify which parts of Batmans history are canon an which aren't and create a time line (and character ages) that makes sense is still not an easy task.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think to really clarify which parts of Batmans history are canon an which aren't and create a time line (and character ages) that makes sense is still not an easy task.
    They shouldn't nail down character ages or put a specific number on the timeline. That creates problems real fast.

Just say Bruce started as Batman in his early to mid-20s, adopted a 12-14 year old Dick around that time, and now Bruce is in his late 30s and Dick is early to mid 20s. Do not say how long they've been operating, because then you create a finite period to squeeze too many adventures into.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    I’m hoping the Nora Allen death is one of the things that gets undone.
    No chance. That's a Johns. Whatever he did sticks, whether its good or not.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

They shouldn't nail down character ages or put a specific number on the timeline. That creates problems real fast.

Just say Bruce started as Batman in his early to mid-20s, adopted a 12-14 year old Dick around that time, and now Bruce is in his late 30s and Dick is early to mid 20s. Do not say how long they've been operating, because then you create a finite period to squeeze too many adventures into.
    Even with approximate ages it can get problematic.

If Dick and the other Robins started again younger and had longer careers, Dukes origin (which is tied to Zero Year) doesn't work anymore. And the same goes to some degree for Harpers and Cass origin from B&RE.

With Dick (and Barbara) only in his early 20s, Damain being allready in his early teens also doesn't really make sense.

And Jason being (like it is currently often handled) much older than Tim and close in age to Dick is also not making much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Even with approximate ages it can get problematic.

If Dick and the other Robins started again younger and had longer careers, Dukes origin (which is tied to Zero Year) doesn't work anymore. And the same goes to some degree for Harpers and Cass origin from B&RE.

With Dick (and Barbara) only in his early 20s, Damain being allready in his early teens also doesn't really make sense.

And Jason being (like it is currently often handled) much older than Tim and close in age to Dick is also not making much sense.
    Ehh, forgot about Duke (probably because I don't care about him).

This is precisely why I don't like Bruce having so many sidekicks and young heroes operating in Gotham, because unlike him and the villains, they are naturally going to age and have arcs that need to be catered to. But (unfortunately for some, fortunately for others) we are long past the point where we can get rid of them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I, for one, could not be happier to see the Pre-COIE timeline get more love/attention.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Agreed my friend!

Are you talking blonde New 52 Hippolyta during the Azzarello/Chiang run, or are you referring to current dark-hair Hippolyta during Rucka's Rebirth run?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Are you talking blonde New 52 Hippolyta during the Azzarello/Chiang run, or are you referring to current dark-hair Hippolyta during Rucka's Rebirth run?
    which one was around when the Finches made the Frankenstein Donna Troy?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

which one was around when the Finches made the Frankenstein Donna Troy?
    Blonde, and she was inexplicably a Force Ghost. Despite the fact that her clay self was mobile at the end of the Azzarello run, before suddenly being immobile again and then shattered.

That was all hand waved as an illusion/dream/whatever because they aren't dealing with it again anyway, though Abnett for some reason reversed the Donna Troy lies and reinstated them.

Blonde, and she was inexplicably a Force Ghost. Despite the fact that her clay self was mobile at the end of the Azzarello run, before suddenly being immobile again and then shattered.

That was all hand waved as an illusion/dream/whatever because they aren't dealing with it again anyway, though Abnett for some reason reversed the Donna Troy lies and reinstated them.
    I'm glad somebody else knew that because I didn't read any of the Finch fright (beyond a preview for their first issue).

Exactly, Superman was still divisive so they merge both of them, funnily enough people praise that hur dur DC finally delete New52 Superman as a fake and look what happen, the story ended up that both are canon.

So to believe that DC is going to toss out everything at go back is plain silly, DC never fully go back to anything, they reintegrate what they need and move on.
    I dunno man. On paper, that's what they do. But if you read Superman.....outside of Lana Lang (who hasn't been in a Superman book but her own solo) and a few plot points that carried over to Rebirth (like Super-Lex or Kenan) I'm hard pressed to point at anything in the books that came from the New52. Clark's parents are still dead. That's largely about it.....and Doomsday Clock might be changing that anyway.

DC might have kept the New52 in theory but in practical application, there's damn little of it there at all. And most of what was left has either been removed already, ignored completely, or is on its way out the door as we speak.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dunno man. On paper, that's what they do. But if you read Superman.....outside of Lana Lang (who hasn't been in a Superman book but her own solo) and a few plot points that carried over to Rebirth (like Super-Lex or Kenan) I'm hard pressed to point at anything in the books that came from the New52. Clark's parents are still dead. That's largely about it.....and Doomsday Clock might be changing that anyway.

DC might have kept the New52 in theory but in practical application, there's damn little of it there at all. And most of what was left has either been removed already, ignored completely, or is on its way out the door as we speak.
    There's still the Flash's chin-strap and generally lightning-saturated look.

I think of all the characters who got a makeover from the New 52, Flash has retained the most (though we did see Barry dress in a very Silver Agey manner in the most recent issue of THE FLASH).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Yeah, that is definitely here to stay.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.