Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Do they even know? ("they", the people writing this stuff)

It seems indeed that the meaning of it has changed as years passed so...
    Well, I think Lucas had a clear vision for 'bringing balance to the Force' and I suspect it was realized when Vader turned back to the light and killed Palpatine. But it was also a clever trick, because on the surface it appears as though Vader literally brings balance to the Force by bringing the Jedi/Sith ratio to an even two against two.

TLJ seems to imply that bringing balance to the Force might require acknowledging that it 'belongs' to everyone and not just the Jedi.

I don't think we'll be getting a Kylo Ren redemption story since they said they don't want to retread ROTJ. Especially since this is suppose to be the end of the Skywalker Saga.

I want to see Poe and Finn do something successful and important that gets acknowledged as such on screen.

I don't want to see any new Resistance ships unless they actually do something without it being a suicide run- again, that has to be on-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I don't think we'll be getting a Kylo Ren redemption story since they said they don't want to retread ROTJ. Especially since this is suppose to be the end of the Skywalker Saga.
    So, the end of the Skywalker Saga is the Rebellion banding together to kill the last living Skywalker to save the galaxy. Moral of the story - the Skywalkers are evil and must die for the galaxy to live in peace. Fantastic end to the story, but this is unfortunately the corner Rian Johnson and JJ Abrams have backed themselves into.

The rumor that Colin Trevorrow wanted to change TLJ to keep Luke alive makes a lot of sense since Episode IX isn't going to be a very satisfying end for the saga.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 02-25-2018 at 11:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    ...since Episode IX isn't going to be a very satisfying end for the saga.
    Can I borrow your time machine someday?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Can I borrow your time machine someday?
    Luke alive with children carrying on as Jedi will the only outcome that will result in me actually being happy with Episode IX. And a lot of people feel that way. Lucasfilm has completely underestimated how people feel about Luke and the Skywalker family.

Luke alive with children carrying on as Jedi will the only outcome that will result in me actually being happy with Episode IX. And a lot of people feel that way. Lucasfilm has completely underestimated how people feel about Luke and the Skywalker family.
    Amen!!! I’m with you as well as my whole extended family that saw it.
    None of us cared for it and I was extremely disappointed in the tearing apart of the Star Wars we knew and loved.
    The current “stars” mean nothing to me, are forgettable, and Disney’s vision plus killing off Luke and making male characters weak and definitely not the stars anymore, left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I’m ready to call it good with “the Lucas Six” movies plus Rogue One.
    And I’ll keep the expanded universe canon in MY mind.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 02-26-2018 at 09:32 PM.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I want to see Poe and Finn do something successful and important that gets acknowledged as such on screen.

I don't want to see any new Resistance ships unless they actually do something without it being a suicide run- again, that has to be on-screen.
    I never got why the resistance was using jury rigged transports for bombers when the Y-wings were clearly better myself.

So, the end of the Skywalker Saga is the Rebellion banding together to kill the last living Skywalker to save the galaxy. Moral of the story - the Skywalkers are evil and must die for the galaxy to live in peace. Fantastic end to the story, but this is unfortunately the corner Rian Johnson and JJ Abrams have backed themselves into.

The rumor that Colin Trevorrow wanted to change TLJ to keep Luke alive makes a lot of sense since Episode IX isn't going to be a very satisfying end for the saga.
    Seems that way. J.J Abrams said he didn't want to do a retread of ROTJ. I can't see anyway they can have Kylo meet some sort of redemption without killing him off. In order for it to work he'd need to turn agains the first order that he has put himself in charge of. Plus now that the mask is gone everyone now knows his face.

But Jedis aren't supposed to have a family? Wasn't that confirmed in the prequels? That Jedis are celibates. Till now throughout history Jedi came from anywhere. Some people were simply born Force sensitive. The story became that of Skywalkers because Anakin broke that rule.

But i understand fan's disinterest. Till now it Star Wars has been about Skywalkers.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-27-2018 at 06:02 AM.

I never got why the resistance was using jury rigged transports for bombers when the Y-wings were clearly better myself.

Y-Wings were obsolete 30 years before the film began. But there was another heavy attack craft designed to take out capital ships in the old rebel arsenal.

I've brought it up before, but remember that according to Trevorrow and others, the last film was originally intended to be "Leia's" movie in the same way 7 was Han's and 8 was Luke's-and Leia is a skywalker. Also, it would have fit in somewhat well with the "There is Another" element from ESB, and even Luke himself stated that Leia would be "the last hope" in ROTJ if he didn't make it back from his fight with Vader.

However, due to circumstances beyond their control, that cannot be.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Yeah, but they said The Last Jedi wouldn't trade on Empire too and look how that worked out.

It does seem a bit of a dud if the entire 9-movie series ends up with Kylo Ren being the last of the Skywalker line. The final word on the Skywalker legacy.

Personally I'm hopeful of some kind of ginormous twist in the last movie that redeems the Skywalker name again. Doesn't have to be Rey, but something.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    It does seem a bit of a dud if the entire 9-movie series ends up with Kylo Ren being the last of the Skywalker line. The final word on the Skywalker legacy.
    I don't care. To me it has never been about the damn Skywalkers. And I couldn't care less what Lucas says about that.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, but they said The Last Jedi wouldn't trade on Empire too and look how that worked out.
    Other than Rey's going to learn from Luke superficially paralleling Luke's going to learn from Yoda, I didn't find that much similarity between THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and THE LAST JEDI.

I also find the parallels between A NEW HOPE and THE FORCE AWAKENS a bit exaggerated as well.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 02-28-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014