Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Okay Force Ghost Luke interacting with Kylo Ren could be interesting. I'm willing to say it's a safe bet we get Force!Ghost Luke. As much as I hate to say it I think They'll double Down on Kylo being the big bad without a redemption. This does suck that Skywalkers go out on a tragedy but I can't see a way they could pull off a redemption arc for him in one movie.

Mark Hamill has admitted that his enthusiasm for SW has declined significantly since Carrie Fisher’s death, he also said he’s not excited to return for episode nine.

He will. This will be his last stint, but he'll be in IX. Guaranteed. It makes all the sense in the world why his heart might not be as in it, what with two-thirds of the gang gone, one-third unfortunately gone in reality. But there are definitely plans for Luke going forward and I don't see Hamill declining one more go round to put everything full circle.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-11-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Luke's last line even seemed to hint at it: "See you around, kid". Wonder if he'll sort of haunt him a bit like his ghost did to Cade in the LEGACY comics.
    Not only that. Something tells me he is going to train Rey. All this advice of Yoda about passing on the teachings as well as the failures was when Rey had already left, not to return.

How can he pass on his teachings if he is not around? This pep talk was not about go fight the FO. But about teachers and students. Failures and lessons. So there's a really good chance that he will be back for Episode 9.

There's a very slight possibility that he is alive. He disappeared like Jedi. That's true. But his metal arm did not fall down. As if it has gone with him. So, its a new Jedi trick where a Jedi can teleport themselves...naked.

I know that's really stretching. Rian Johnson said he did not do this as he thought it would distract from the scene. But there's room for this if JJ Abrams wishes to do the same.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-11-2018 at 09:02 PM.

You know what? Have all the ghosts train Rey. Even if its not seen, imply it. Qui-Gon, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Luke, maybe even Anakin himself. Right now the payoff of becoming one with the Force has seemed rather miniscule to the actual lore. There's a benefit to the individual that they actually still can hang around in concscious form, but beyond that, after the prequels elaborated that its a fairly newly discovered talent that not every Jedi automatically gets to do, it hasn't played much of a factor in events. So make it pay off in an outright tangible way now, in that a group representing multiple eras of the old Order are able to train and pass on their knowledge to the last living one, the one who will finish what Luke started and concretely revive a new Order.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

The only one I would even remotely trust to train her would be Qui-Gon.

I mean, look what happened to the others trained by Yoda, Obi-Wan...

Even Luke, who was supposed to be better than the Prequel Jedi still had half of his students go evil and the other half go dead. You really want that guy anywhere near Rey's training?

She has the original instruction manual. She can self-educate herself.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

At some point, I hope that WE get to read at least some of the contents of those "sacred Jedi texts." What kinds of Jedi knowledge are actually contained in those books?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The only one I would even remotely trust to train her would be Qui-Gon.

I mean, look what happened to the others trained by Yoda, Obi-Wan...

Even Luke, who was supposed to be better than the Prequel Jedi still had half of his students go evil and the other half go dead. You really want that guy anywhere near Rey's training?

She has the original instruction manual. She can self-educate herself.
    One thing about the Jedi that failed I think was in part, that they were given unorthodox training techniques-Anakin, Luke, and Ben (presumably) weren't trained in the traditional Jedi way, which is almost from birth. Anakin and Luke also had their training somewhat 'rushed' due to wartime as well.

It's possible even Dooku's training was somehow unconventional as well-although some of his backstory may no longer be canon, he was born into a wealthy aristocracy (Who may not have been too pleased about giving their heir to the Jedi) and once he left the order was able to reclaim his "count" title and use his wealth and title to get the separatists rolling.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    One thing about the Jedi that failed I think was in part, that they were given unorthodox training techniques-Anakin, Luke, and Ben (presumably) weren't trained in the traditional Jedi way, which is almost from birth. Anakin and Luke also had their training somewhat 'rushed' due to wartime as well.

It's possible even Dooku's training was somehow unconventional as well-although some of his backstory may no longer be canon, he was born into a wealthy aristocracy (Who may not have been too pleased about giving their heir to the Jedi) and once he left the order was able to reclaim his "count" title and use his wealth and title to get the separatists rolling.
    I don't see Luke as a failure, though. I get the impression that it was his unconventional training that sort of saved him from rigid thinking. If he had been trained almost from birth, I doubt he would have understood the possibility of turning his father back to the light.

And Rey will fall into the category of Jedi not trained from birth as well, and she seems to be doing fine (and I suspect she'll re-start the Jedi order with a more flexible mindset than the PT Order was capable of).

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    At some point, I hope that WE get to read at least some of the contents of those "sacred Jedi texts." What kinds of Jedi knowledge are actually contained in those books?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Well right before the sale, the did a large print run of Jedi and Sith texts.

I bet they do that again after IX's been out.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium