Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Whatever happened to Obi-Wan’s lightsaber?
    Option 1: it blew up with the Death Star.
    Option 2: it's in a trophy case in a now abandoned citadel on Mustaphar.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Option 1: it blew up with the Death Star.
    Option 2: it's in a trophy case in a now abandoned citadel on Mustaphar.
    Until this very moment, I never once even thought about what happened to his light saber but I really dig option 2.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Until this very moment, I never once even thought about what happened to his light saber but I really dig option 2.
    Yeah that sounds like the better of the 2 options though its more likely to have been the 1st option. I assume that Vader took it and kept hold of it after their battle on the Death Star just as Obi-Wan had once took and kept his lightsaber after their first battle on Mustaphar? Maybe Vader kept it somewhere else in his other living quarters.I mean did he live permanently on the Death Star at that time before it was destroyed or was it just like a workplace to him?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Yeah that sounds like the better of the 2 options though its more likely to have been the 1st option. I assume that Vader took it and kept hold of it after their battle on the Death Star just as Obi-Wan had once took and kept his lightsaber after their first battle on Mustaphar? Maybe Vader kept it somewhere else in his other living quarters.I mean did he live permanently on the Death Star at that time before it was destroyed or was it just like a workplace to him?
    I think the Emperor was supposed to have a throne room aboard the station but Vader's HQ seems to have been a cross between his Star destroyer (Devastator/Executor) and his Mustafar temple.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I think option 2 is pretty much where the "Legends" EU books went, although in that case it was Vjun from Dark Empire (pretty much the same thing as the Mustafar place).

Luke's green version is largely identical to Obi-Wan's as well, except for a little extra gold I think and the blade's green color. Sort of spawned "fanon" that Jedi often pattern their blades after their masters, although reportedly lightsaber continuity wasn't a big deal with Lucas (Obi-Wan's taking up of Anakin's saber was something he almost missed in ROTS, according to some, and for some weird reason TPM Mace Windu has a blade that looks a lot like a single version of Maul's, which spawned a lot of fan theories at the time)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

In Attack of the Clones, there were a ton of abandoned lightsabers. Wonder what happened with all those and their kyber crystals. Its a wonder their aren't wannabe Jedi all over the place.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    In Attack of the Clones, there were a ton of abandoned lightsabers. Wonder what happened with all those and their kyber crystals. Its a wonder their aren't wannabe Jedi all over the place.
    Well we know at least one Stormtrooper was allowed to have one, the Inquistors are provided them to some extent (and there may or may not be more but they are more or less defunct by Yavin-4), and some remaining lightsabers fell into the hands of collectors like Grakkus the Hutt.

We know a majority of kyber crystals got used in the Death Star, and we know that shortly after ROTS some lightsabers had been collected to be publicly destroyed (though we can assume they come from the Jedi temple). If the FO is using miniature DeathStar lasers for battering rams we could assume that they also use Kyber crystals.

As far as Geonosis we don't know if all lightsabers got collected from the battlefield but Geonosis itself fell into Imperial hands.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

An interesting thing about the Skywalker lightsaber is that it's changed at least twice since its first onscreen appearance in 1977 (as a result, the one Anakin used in Episode III wasn't exactly the same as the one Obi-Wan gave Luke in Episode IV).

Skywalker lightsaber.jpg
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    An interesting thing about the Skywalker lightsaber is that it's changed at least twice since its first onscreen appearance in 1977 (as a result, the one Anakin used in Episode III wasn't exactly the same as the one Obi-Wan gave Luke in Episode IV).

Skywalker lightsaber.jpg
    Yeah, I've heard that, too. I've never been sure if it's just a suspension of disbelief thing or if they've rationalized it as Ben modifying the weapon over time (I think a Legends reference book did establish the latter, but with the canon reboot, who knows if it still applies?)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

I think Rey will continue her path of being her own person and will build herself a brand-new lightsaber that will be a reflection of her style.
    Can she invent a light-bo-staff kind of thing?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    This subject refers to events from STAR WARS EPISODE VIII: THE LAST JEDI, so if you wish to avoid movie spoilers, look no further.

One of the most stunning events/images from THE LAST JEDI was the Skywalker lightsaber, built by Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars and used by both himself and his son Luke through many memorable adventures, finally destroyed...torn asunder in a Force struggle between Kylo Ren and Rey.

At the end of THE LAST JEDI, we see that Rey has retained possession of both pieces of the lightsaber, but what will become of it now?

Does Rey restore it to its original condition?

Does she cannibalize it into a new lightsaber of her own design (perhaps a double-bladed staff)?

Does it remain in its broken state as a relic of the past?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    She'll restore it. As long as she has the crystal, they can rebuild it. Especially now that she has the Jedi books.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    She'll restore it. As long as she has the crystal, they can rebuild it. Especially now that she has the Jedi books.
    Probably easier to just build a new one.

Besides, there's bound to be some essential bits and pieces left on old man Snoke's carpet.
    Last edited by Carabas; 01-23-2018 at 01:56 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Skywalker lightsaber.jpg
    Isn't the one on the right the first lightsaber that Anakin built and got destroyed on Geonosis in ATTACK OF THE CLONES?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Isn't the one on the right the first lightsaber that Anakin built and got destroyed on Geonosis in ATTACK OF THE CLONES?
    It had similar colors, but that one was more of a precursor to the Vader saber.
    Anakin's first lightsaber.jpg
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Yep, the far right one is in the story a completely different lightsaber. Got smushed in the Geonosis factory. The leftmost is the ESB design and the middle the ANH original, which in-story are supposed to be the same saber.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El