Tom King with Clay Mann and Jordie Bellaire
    Brad Meltzer with John Cassaday and Laura Martin
    Louise Simonson with Jerry Ordway
    Scott Snyder with Tim Sale
    Geoff Johns and Richard Donner with Olivier Coipel
    Marvel Wolfman with unpublished artwork by Curt Swan

https://www.cbr.com/action-comics-10...-johns-donner/

I find this quite disappointing.

Simonson, Ordway, Wolfman, Johns, and Jurgens are the writers with a long history in Superman comics doing new work for the issue. Dini's there for the cartoon I guess.

Other than King, I'm not really interested in what the other "newer" writers are going to do. Maybe Bendis, if he is going to write one of the main books after this.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 01-19-2018 at 01:13 PM.

The writing line-up is disappointing. Simonson is the only thing I'm even half excited for. But the art line-up is fantastic.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

In the words of Larry David it's pretty, pretty good. Even though it's incomplete.

That's a ridiculous line up of artists, especially including unused Swan art. It's a pretty interesting mix of writers, too, although seeing some of those names isn't quite exciting. Meltzer and Snyder haven't made an impression on me.

Excited to see King's and Snyder's stuff, disappointed but not surprised about Bendis being in.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

http://ew.com/books/2018/01/19/actio...an-red-trunks/

The EW report states that there's still more to be announced for the creative line-up.

I'm almost completely certain Morrison will be one of those announcements.

Hope that's true. I definitely want to see Morrison and other writers who have contributed to Superman. Four writers in that list have done nothing or next to nothing of note at all with the character. Balance that out.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I really like this creative team lineup. Some new writers, some modern day writers, and some old school. I wish Joe Kelly was part of the lineup, but besides that, I am very excited.

Retired

I'd like to see them get Cary Bates, Elliot Maggin and Marty Pasko to contribute something. Pasko wrote the story for ACTION 500. And even if he's a controversial figure, John Byrne deserves to have something in the comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It's a pretty interesting mix of writers, too, although seeing some of those names isn't quite exciting. Meltzer and Snyder haven't made an impression on me.
    Snyder I can at least understand why he'd be given a story. He's DC's most popular writer at the moment.

Meltzer seems random.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    http://ew.com/books/2018/01/19/actio...an-red-trunks/

The EW report states that there's still more to be announced for the creative line-up.

I'm almost completely certain Morrison will be one of those announcements.
    That's good to hear.

Thinking the list was final, I was shocked that he wasn't listed.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah, random definitely seems like the best word for Meltzer. On the plus side for me at least, I don't have any dread about the choices.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

As long as Dan Jurgens is in there then I'm good. To me he is THE Superman writer. And artist for that matter.

King I'm interested in. He only wrote Superman once in the "Superfriends" Batman story but it was really good.

Other than those two they really should include classic Superman writers and artists who contributed significantly to the Superman comics over the years. So Wolfman, Curt Swan and Jerry Ordway are good additions. Carey Bates wrote Superman for a long time as well so they should get him as well.

Everyone else I dont really care.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The writing line-up is disappointing..
    .. I don´t like heard this... Bad thing..

Fantastic Member

I said this in the other thread, but I'm excited - we get new artwork from two Superman legends in JLGL and Jerry Ordway, plus newly-published stuff from Curt Swan. I'm all-in for that.

Glad to see Weezy is writing one of the stories. I'm hopeful that many of the "to be announced" names are connected to Super-history; there's a lot of "hot names" on that list. While that's not necessarily bad, there needs to be balance in a book like this.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

A lot of creative teams. How many pages will AC #1000 have?