Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    *sigh*

I think those choices are perfect. Maybe Bermejo will even do the New 52 Superman. So between those and the hardcover...am I really spending $94 on this anniversary?
    $110 when you add the Jim Lee regular cover and the blank variant Newsarama mentioned. Yikes!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Neal Adams tweeted he's drawing a 5-page Paul Levitz script for 1000. Hopefully there's more space left than I had been led to believe, because while that's well and good I suppose, it sure isn't who I'd surrender potentially half of the previously unknown chunk of the issue to.

EDIT: I see DC itself confirmed this is 80 pages in the solicit, so...shit. How the hell was that worth hiding for less than a week? In this context, should we even expect much of anything for the remaining team? Was it really a matter of "they weren't exciting enough to be in the initial announcement" (in which case why did Meltzer/Cassaday or Simonson/Ordway or even Dini/Lopez get to be a part of it)? Does DC seriously think this might eclipse the rest to be a big deal in its own right? Or was it a totally random decision as to what was hidden?
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 01-23-2018 at 06:05 AM.
    Buh-bye

Incredible Member

I'm very much looking forward to this, and the return of the real suit is a huge thing for me, but man... It's going to feel incomplete without a Morrison/Quitely reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to this, and the return of the real suit is a huge thing for me, but man... It's going to feel incomplete without a Morrison/Quitely reunion.
    You never know, they may sneak in Morrison/Quitely in there as a surprise!

Action 1000 - Pre-ordered via Amazon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Neal Adams tweeted he's drawing a 5-page Paul Levitz script for 1000. Hopefully there's more space left than I had been led to believe, because while that's well and good I suppose, it sure isn't who I'd surrender potentially half of the previously unknown chunk of the issue to.

EDIT: I see DC itself confirmed this is 80 pages in the solicit, so...shit. How the hell was that worth hiding for less than a week? In this context, should we even expect much of anything for the remaining team? Was it really a matter of "they weren't exciting enough to be in the initial announcement" (in which case why did Meltzer/Cassaday or Simonson/Ordway or even Dini/Lopez get to be a part of it)? Does DC seriously think this might eclipse the rest to be a big deal in its own right? Or was it a totally random decision as to what was hidden?
    Really? Levitz?

F**k.

I'll be getting this issue because, I mean, obviously. But if it weren't such a milestone I'm pretty sure I'd be passing on this.

Good job DC. You put in crap effort, missed several creators who deserve to be involved in this and included several who really shouldn't be here at all, and basically seem to be half-assing this anniversary in every possible way. But I'll still be dropping the cash on this issue because of a number on the cover.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

More details on the hardcover, and what lost Siegal and Shuster story will be published

https://www.newsarama.com/38291-the-...mics-1000.html

Oh thank goodness, apparently it's just a bonus story in the hardcover, not one of the two remaining features in the issue proper.
    Buh-bye

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

The Levitz/Adams story will be in the HC not the proper issue based on this:

https://www.newsarama.com/38292-what...companion.html

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Stocked for the issue btw.

The best line-up of artists since Superman #400.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Seeing all the creators who get thrown under the bus for Morrison, I have to wonder if he'll actually just end up being one of the hardcover crew. Sure would be a smart way to make some people commit to the $30.

BANNED

Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely are the obvious choice, but I'd have like to have seen a different collection of creative talent, even if Morrison and Quitely had been included.

Not because the announced teams aren't good. Most of them are, and many have a history with the character but I think there are other writers that would have been a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Seeing all the creators who get thrown under the bus for Morrison, I have to wonder if he'll actually just end up being one of the hardcover crew. Sure would be a smart way to make some people commit to the $30.
    Would've been funny in a way (and worked!), but they've already announced that lineup and he's not in it. Surprisingly present though: a text piece by Laurie Siegel Larson. Last I heard she was on terms with DC/WB that would...not have led me to expect that.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    The Levitz/Adams story will be in the HC not the proper issue based on this:

https://www.newsarama.com/38292-what...companion.html
    Phew!

DoT, dude, why you gotta screw with my emotions like that??
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Would've been funny in a way (and worked!), but they've already announced that lineup and he's not in it. Surprisingly present though: a text piece by Laurie Siegel Larson. Last I heard she was on terms with DC/WB that would...not have led me to expect that.
    Oh.

Well technically he is in it still. I don't have a favorite issue from his run but #0 is close enough.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

We know the plot Jurgens story in Action 1000 now: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...-jim-lee-sxsw/

"(On the end of his Action Comics run) I’m not going to kill him off before passing to Brian [Michael Bendis]. The final piece will be a From the City Who Has Everything, a play on words on a famous Alan Moore story, For the Man Who Has Everything. What does Superman mean to Metropolis? It is fitting story for Action #1000."