Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Life With Archie, #36

"Life With Archie" #36 by Paul Kupperberg, Pat Kennedy and Tim Kennedy tells an incredibly optimistic and uplifting story that gives way to one of comics' most emotionally powerful and poignant death scenes.

Full review here.

If there is any common sense, this alternate time-line Archie will stay as dead as Ultimate Peter Parker; and Uncle Ben. I can see super-heroes "cheating" death...but let's let Archie truly RIP.

And, let the Archie we all know keep going as an eternal teenager...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

I was under the impression that the story of this timeline was effectively over, with next issue being the series finale...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I was kind of bored honestly i thought there would be more lead up to the
    Keller assassination
    Instead we get almost a whole issue of "what if..Archie married etc etc"

Can't say I found it "one of comics' most emotionally powerful and poignant death scenes." Struck me as clumsy, heavy-handed and almost laughable. Did like the ambiguity of his dying sentiments, but that's about the best I could say for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Can't say I found it "one of comics' most emotionally powerful and poignant death scenes." Struck me as clumsy, heavy-handed and almost laughable. Did like the ambiguity of his dying sentiments, but that's about the best I could say for it.
    CBR reviewers are def hype vulnerable.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    CBR reviewers are def hype vulnerable.
    I agree, this event didn't live up to the hype. Congrats to Archie for really putting the story out there, but it fell flat. I'm probably not buying the Ross cover to #37.

Also, was it just me, or were all the important pages already shown everywhere? I swear we were treated to the final 5-6 pages days before the book came out.

I'm not sure if this is a controversial thought or not..but for the life of me i can't see someone like Archie Andrew's ever being happy with someone like Veronica Lodge.

I could see him having great sex with Veronica but not settling down with her.