Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    One way i think you can get away with it, and it';s a way i wish they'd use more often in comics, is just have the heroe's costume get tore up. Batman goes out on an adventure, fights ... I dunno... Killer Croc, and comes back with his costume in tatters. So he just goes to his closet, grabs one of hid older suits and uses that until he can get the latest model of costumes repaired again.

Or instead of going all the way back to the cave, he's got safe houses and stashes of equipment all over Gotham. He can't keep them all up to date with the latest stuff. So, torn costume, he runs into the safehouse, gets whatever old suit he had left there, and goes right back on whatever adventure he was on.
    Yes, exactly.

Or hell, why can't Wonder Woman wake up one morning and decide to pull something different out the closet?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Big fat NO to the trunks. You guys of the older generation had them for decades, they look dumb, they don't make sense, time to get over it instead of tightly grasping onto nostalgia.

Big YES to the yellow oval. It looks cool, it represents a lighter side to Batman, and there's an actual reason for its existence other than it looking cool.

The oval is back in Doomsday Clock #3, and it's supposed to spread elsewhere.

Amazing Member

...and if they're going back to the trunks, I hope they go back to the original 'satin' look. Supes AND Bats used to wear black trunks with red(Supes) and blue(bats) 'highlights'. As soon as I read that Superman was going back to the trunks, I knew Batman was to follow. It's practically a company policy to have these two in similar suits, has been since the very beginning! Always thought a simple solution for the over-armored look most non-supers are sporting these days would be for Superman to simply pass out some of Brainiac 5's tech, didn't he used to have some kind of 'invulnerability belt' to go along with those flight rings? Problem solved!
    Last edited by Chazro; 01-31-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    The oval is back in Doomsday Clock #3, and it's supposed to spread elsewhere.
    That surprised me... But I forgot mention this here..

Incredible Member

I wish the comics would give the Batman '89 suit a real chance in the comics. All black, yellow oval. I like it with the No Mans Land belt but -- belt's flexible.

Besides a few instances, Troika, 90s JLA, Batman has usually been gray/blue or gray/black -- I'd like to see the costume be as black as Darth Vader's. Plus a yellow oval.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chazro View Post
    As soon as I read that Superman was going back to the trunks, I knew Batman was to follow. It's practically a company policy to have these two in similar suits, has been since the very beginning!*
    Exactly...the trunks will definately be back now...its not gonna be the "shadow of the bat" era late 90's again. There is no way DC is gonna have a different costume for Batman. That's why supes wearing his trunks was such a big deal. Whatever type of "no trunks ever" edict was in place is gone.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

I like the "Hush" modern costume better than the "new look" yellow oval...but their both great.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Incredible Member

Oval yes.... trunks No!

Mighty Member

Yes, why not? why not indeed?

I have always hated the armor look. How is Batman supposed to jump from building to building when he's wearing 200 lb of armor? Bring back the tights bring back the trunks bring back the yellow oval (which I understand is already coming back) and ditch the armor. Make Batman Great Again!

The thing with Batman is he has had so many costume changes through the years that trunks or no trunks isn't definitive. Where-as Superman not having trunks was a recent thing.