Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I think Batman's costume now suffers from the same thing that Superman's New 52 and Reborn looks did: there's too much of one color and no contrast. Superman had too much of the blue and needs the red trunks to break it up. Well, Batman is too much of one color. It also needs the contrast.

But, most importantly, the trunks were kind of part and parcel of the non-armored look, which IMO, suits Batman much better. Like, enough with the armor and the gauntlets and the kneepads and the lines everywhere. Batman should look like a ninja or spirit, sleek and slim. His current look makes him look like a member of a SWAT team.
    I think the Rebirth costume, with the belt and the outline on the logo, does a fine enough job of throwing at least a little more color onto the basics of the costume. It's certainly not the armored look of the New 52 design.

I think Batman and Superman actually look fine in one, seamless, color for the most part depending on how the artist handles it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Rebirth costume, with the belt and the outline on the logo, does a fine enough job of throwing at least a little more color onto the basics of the costume. It's certainly not the armored look of the New 52 design.

I think Batman and Superman actually look fine in one, seamless, color for the most part depending on how the artist handles it.
    Honestly I dont like the Rebirth Costume that much. Its better than New 52, however I'm always going to prefer:

The Hush era Costume:
    IMG_3276.JPG
    The No Man's Land Suit:
    IMG_3278.jpg
    The Animated Series Suit:
    IMG_3275.JPG
    And the '89 Movie suit but of the lot the NML and TAS suits scream Batman to me, what I'd really like is the Demon-Lovechild between the Sleek TAS design and the Bulky NML one, which would be the Most Batman-Like suit I could think of and would have the Yellow Circle, The Trunks, The Blue lining in the cape and a Bulkier Belt over the Thicker Armour on the suit.
    Last edited by Denirac; 01-19-2018 at 06:48 PM.

I prefer the trunks myself, although i will admit if the costume is ALL black it doesn't matter as much.

If anything, I'd prefer the yellow oval bat symbol and belt back.

Yes, to the yellow oval symbol, but no to the trunks.

I really liked the Pre-Flashpoint Batman Inc. Bat-suit...

I love the yellow oval symbol and the trunks never bothered me, but I’m very happy with the current design. I think it mix the n52 style with a more classic one very fine. There’re some things I would take away, like the knee caps, but in general I find it cool. I think I like most of Batman costumes in comics, it’s a character than, with some basics right, can look good with almost anything. Superman I think is harder to get right and didn’t benefit at all from the N52 style, all those lines don’t suit the character at all. Batman can wear a costume with and without so many lines just fine
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The trunks were never a particularly notable element of Batman's costume design, so their presence or absence has minimal effect on his overall look, but yellow oval...oh, HELL, YES!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I mean, there's still a lot of armor. The gauntlets and the boots alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I mean, there's still a lot of armor. The gauntlets and the boots alone.
    I think those are negligible compared to the overall body of the costume.

Trunks are a must, but I'd prefer if the oval was restored to canon but kept in the past.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Yes to the trunks and oval. The trunks and the oval complimented the colors of the costume, just like what Zeeguy91 said.

BANNED

Ah hell go for it.

BANNED

He can have it back but only if he also gets the personality back that goes with the threads.

I am not sure.... Even if I never had problems with his trunks..

But I prefer this than the current costume..

As long as this look is canon, I'm okay with it. But I vastly prefer the more armoured take on Batman, especially considering the fact that he is just a man and that even a common thug could kill him with a well placed bullet, and his ability to evade them only goes so far when he isn't armoured, really.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm neutral on the trunks (same with Superman), but I would love the yellow oval back.