Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I happen to like the All-New Wolverine series as is right now, and, given that it features my most favorite X-Men character of all as the lead, I don't want to see it go away just so that the original Wolverine can be the only Wolverine with their own series. I want them to coexist.
    No reason they can't. There's two Spider-Mans (the reasoning Sam Wilson cited when he encouraged Hydra Cap to become Cap again - he wouldn't have suggested sharing the mantle had he known Steve was an evil imposter, lol) and two Hawkeyes, so why not two Wolverines? Just give Logan's book a different adjective.

In fact, I see the following books having him: Savage Wolverine, his solo. Wolverine and the X-Men, a replacement for Generation X. And an X-Men colour team book, which would replace Weapon X.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

With so many copies to me in a way it's as if Logan had never left and have enjoyed Laura on the solo along with Gabby . When Logan recover the name and title hope Laura continues with a solo besides X-men Red.

Please marvel get rid of some copies this is already getting ridiculous you reached the end of the pit when you decided to create a Hulk hybrid with Wolverine.
    Last edited by Knives; 01-20-2018 at 05:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Hopefully he will be in a title with Mariko.

I prefer Storm and Wolverine!

So which will have more of a lasting impact on the new status quo? Infinity Countdown or these one shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No reason they can't. There's two Spider-Mans (the reasoning Sam Wilson cited when he encouraged Hydra Cap to become Cap again - he wouldn't have suggested sharing the mantle had he known Steve was an evil imposter, lol) and two Hawkeyes, so why not two Wolverines? Just give Logan's book a different adjective.

In fact, I see the following books having him: Savage Wolverine, his solo. Wolverine and the X-Men, a replacement for Generation X. And an X-Men colour team book, which would replace Weapon X.
    Except that they just announced Miles is relinquishing his Spider-man super hero name. And Sam Wilson is back to being Falcon. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if Clint goes back to Ronin after Infinity War, assuming those rumors are true, for movie synergy.

So I think Marvel is moving back towards “one hero per code name.” At least it sure seems so. Which I don’t mind honestly. I like Laura. Like her as Wolverine, but liked her before as X-23 too. I’m good either way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    whoa! looks like they are trying to create 'wolvie mania' but I see no harm in it as long as other wolverine derivatives do not feature prominently in the issues. after all there must be a reason why wolverine has kept to the shadows and hasn't contacted any of them. Though you won't think so if you have read his apearance in cap where he was actually waiting to meet him.
    He probably tried, and just missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    He probably tried, and just missed them.
    He shouldn’t keep missing people. Isn’t he supposed to be “the best there is”? Ha. Maybe he’s rusty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Except that they just announced Miles is relinquishing his Spider-man super hero name. And Sam Wilson is back to being Falcon. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if Clint goes back to Ronin after Infinity War, assuming those rumors are true, for movie synergy.

So I think Marvel is moving back towards “one hero per code name.” At least it sure seems so. Which I don’t mind honestly. I like Laura. Like her as Wolverine, but liked her before as X-23 too. I’m good either way.
    Now I want to see a big splash panel of Laura offering Logan back the cowl, and he's all, "Nah, you keep it, kid. You're the Wolverine now."

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Now I want to see a big splash panel of Laura offering Logan back the cowl, and he's all, "Nah, you keep it, kid. You're the Wolverine now."
    I’d be cool with that. Some Wolverine fans would freak, but to me Logan is more than his codename. And, after the last Wolverine movie (appropriately titled ‘Logan’) and having OML running around in civvies, I kind of dig him not being a spandex clad superhero anymore. Cool progression of the character IMO. But, amongst hardcore Wolverine fans, I’m probably a minority in feeling that way.

Plus you know he’s coming to the MCU eventually, assuming the Disney-FOX deal goes through, and when he does he’ll go by Wolverine and be in full costume. So at some point he’ll take the mantle and cowl back. Feel pretty confident of that. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...but assuming that deal goes through it’ll happen before he makes his MCU debut as Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d be cool with that. Some Wolverine fans would freak, but to me Logan is more than his codename. And, after the last Wolverine movie (appropriately titled ‘Logan’) and having OML running around in civvies, I kind of dig him not being a spandex clad superhero anymore. Cool progression of the character IMO. But, amongst hardcore Wolverine fans, I’m probably a minority in feeling that way.

Plus you know he’s coming to the MCU eventually, assuming the Disney-FOX deal goes through, and when he does he’ll go by Wolverine and be in full costume. So at some point he’ll take the mantle and cowl back. Feel pretty confident of that. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...but assuming that deal goes through it’ll happen before he makes his MCU debut as Wolverine.
    I'm totally cool with Laura keeping the name Wolverine. Logan is fine as Logan. But it's most likely not going to stick this way.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Lets hoe he does meet the 'new' Mariko indeed. Could be interesting.

A new Wolverine and the X-books men (but with different kids) could be great, but I can't see it happening soon. Just a solo title and probably becoming part of at least two teams.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Yeah, they can coexist (at least in story-telling terms). The question is if Marvel would see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    With so many copies to me in a way it's as if Logan had never left and have enjoyed Laura on the solo along with Gabby . When Logan recover the name and title hope Laura continues with a solo besides X-men Red.
    Yeah, to be fair, I'm most interested in Laura keeping a solo series (that builds off of/continues what All-New Wolverine did). I'm not too fussy if the name changes or she takes a new codename while doing it, although I don't see a reason to change it in the first place.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Lets hoe he does meet the 'new' Mariko indeed. Could be interesting.

A new Wolverine and the X-books men (but with different kids) could be great, but I can't see it happening soon. Just a solo title and probably becoming part of at least two teams.
    If Mariko survives the next 2 OML she better see Logan. Though i have a feeling that the ressurrection wont stick.
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I prefer Storm and Wolverine!
    That's the only couple worth a damn - they're so perfect together. Mariko is great and all. Her return is both A). stupid and B). emotionally wasted on effin' OML

We all saw her die in his arms in like 1992. That's like Uncle Ben level perma-death. 25+ years and the return is wasted on an Alt-Character. Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    That's the only couple worth a damn - they're so perfect together. Mariko is great and all. Her return is both A). stupid and B). emotionally wasted on effin' OML

We all saw her die in his arms in like 1992. That's like Uncle Ben level perma-death. 25+ years and the return is wasted on an Alt-Character. Stupid
    I preferred she stay dead too, but... now that she's back and assuming she survives, she and the real Logan have to get back together. I'm a fan of Wolverine/Storm too, but I just don't see those 2 having anything long term. The first time they tried(before Storm hooked up with Panther), Marvel killed Logan off for that Enemy of the State storyline. Second time they tried, Marvel killed Logan again except this time he was gone for over 3 years. They never had a chance.