Default The post-ROTJ Empire that isn't the First Order

It's been stated in some of the reference books that the Empire is still around in Disney's post-ROTJ, but with pretty much no military and small territory....and yet they're not really brought up in the films at all. It's kind of one of the unanswered questions that even Disney's post-ROTJ books kind of gloss over, it seems, although I think it's implied in "Bloodlines" that some of them support-or even arm the First Order. Basically they still have Moffs and stuff, maybe a totalarian society but no real fleets or Stormtroopers.

With the FO pretty much implied to be conquering the galaxy quickly in TLJ I'm guessing these imperial worlds would also wind up under their flag.

Kind of reminds me a bit of Gundam; after the first series, the civilian government of Zeon forms the somewhat Republic of Zeon, while the military remnant forms the Delaz Fleet, and later Neo-Zeon and Axis. I wonder if Abrams is a Gundam fan; his Star Trek, in which a lot of the senior staff of the Enterprise are incapacitated or killed putting somewhat inexperienced but gifted cadets and civilians in their place, kind of reminds me of Gundam's initial set-up. (Not saying he copied it, just an interesting parallel).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

I thought it was a way of keeping the old Empire around alongside The First Order. However I get why its not mentioned in the films as the threat in TFA was the FO, and since TLJ takes place shortly after it makes sense the old Empire isn't mentioned.

I figure that since Poe wanted to fly a TIE and Stormtrooper armor is still around I guess in the galaxy someone is still making them outside of the FO. The FO even have Imperial era AT-AT's so I'd figure it's on some level still around.

Has it been stated what's still under Imperial control?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I think some of them control a few Core Worlds. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the Imperials leapt at the opportunity to join the First Order, but it would be interesting if there were some who stayed aloof or supported the Republic, possibly seeing the First Order as a lost cause or unworthy successor to the Empire.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

Organizations which are akin to the FO in real life, such as ISIS, the Nazi's or the Russians during the Soviet Union. Usually come to power as a result of societal and economic break down. I'm not familiar with the SW universe. But it would make sense if the FO came to power and gained prominence while the Empire/ruling government was on the ropes and the ruling military was weakened. It would be nice for it to be touched on in the next film. But I don't see that happening.

The Empire proper lost what was left of its fleet in the battle over Jakku(which was basically a plan left by the Emperor in case he ever died to kill off the Empire on account if it not being worth keeping if they failed to protect him), the left over Bureaucracy on Coruscant surrendered to the New Republic, and a few hand picked remnants(including Hux who was just a kid at this point) vanished into Wild Space which presumably became the foundation for the New Order. Where Snoke came into this is still unknown. All happens in the Aftermath trilogy.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-04-2018 at 11:28 AM.