Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
Plenty of gay men have dated women in the past, had relationships with them, had sex with them, had children with them, and even gotten married to them, before they figured out their sexuality. And also believed they were in love with them. And it's not a rare occurrence at all.
I realize this (sorry for late post). That's quite different from what was said there with him. He actually knew he was gay long ago, but dated women anyway unlike what you're projecting. He didn't want to be persecuted for being a mutant and being gay...which is the dumbest thing I've heard considering he couldn't even tell his teammates on a damn X-man team. I mean really Bobby? C'mon. So instead you knowing toy with a women's affections knowing you're not into them and wasting all parties time involved. The difference in your scenario is that that person really doesn't know (though I do think they do know at an early point, but keep up the façade anyway) and Bobby actually knowing what he was doing. IMO and mine alone, I think he should've been Bisexual. It gives the fans sorta what they wanted and doesn't mess up his rich history that came from before and I can see it. See Iceman to me was an honest mouthpiece and relatable because he was unlucky in love just like some of us readers. Little did I know he knew what he was long ago and had women interested in him for no reason. He sat there playing victim, but wasted his partners time in relationships.

I still love ya Bobby, but that stuff ain't cool.