View Poll Results: Who should be the next gay character?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peter Parker

13 9.09%
  • Miles Morales

17 11.89%
  • Tony Stark

13 9.09%
  • Jane Foster

5 3.50%
  • Thor Odinson

12 8.39%
  • Carol Danvers

17 11.89%
  • Kamala Khan

16 11.19%
  • Amadeus Cho

12 8.39%
  • Bruce Banner

4 2.80%
  • T'Challa

14 9.79%
  • Logan

17 11.89%
  • Laura Kinney

24 16.78%
  • Frank Castle

16 11.19%
  • Doreen Green

6 4.20%
  • other

60 41.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Marvel actually has relatively speaking, quite a few gay superheroes compared to DC. But they’re lacking behind them on queer females.

I think they should have outed Hellcat from her last title. Also, there’s a few X-Women that need to be revealed as queer, .now that Kitty has come out.

And of course Kate Bishop.
    Did the bold part actually happen or is it just more fan boy misinterpretation?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    She kissed another woman on-panel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    And, that's enough to say Kitty's gay?
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-25-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    And, that's enough to say Kitty's gay?
    No, not gay--bisexual. And yes, her kissing another woman is a pretty significant indicator. On top of that, of course, there is also years of subtext from the character's creator Chris Claremont--who has also said in interviews that he considers Kitty to be bisexual. He has said that he always figured Kitty and Rachel Summers would eventually end up together.

BANNED

The thread title asks, "Who should be the next gay character?" I'm just saying...

How about none of the above, seriously changing the sexual history of existing characters is certainly not the way to go, if they are creating a new character with homosexual tendancies then fair enough but leave established characters alone.
    I'm sure there are plenty of homosexual comics out there for you to read outside of the Marvel Universe.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Can you imagine a bisexual Punisher? The macho gun bros would **** a brick.

Please make Punisher bi.

ok. this gave me pause. i know i love the idea and the reaction it would garner from ppl who have co-opted the character but i know i will still hate the character.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    how about we just leave straight characters straight?
    this!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    this!!!!!!!
    The trolling I've done on here aside, I will definitely second this. There's absolutely no reason under the sun to MAKE T'Challa, Miles, or Captain America gay. Make a new character let them be gay, all day. It was foul when DC did that to Aqualad. Instead of how to build him into a legacy hero, or developing his immediate universe. The only talk on his thread was, which guy should he hook up with. Just goofy to me.

Astonishing Member

Straight girls kissing each other is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    How about none of the above, seriously changing the sexual history of existing characters is certainly not the way to go, if they are creating a new character with homosexual tendancies then fair enough but leave established characters alone.
    I'm sure there are plenty of homosexual comics out there for you to read outside of the Marvel Universe.
    That's why I picked the most recent characters. Marvel is missing an opportunity with them.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    (forgot to say: it's a multiple choice poll)

Personnally, I'd rather pick one of the younger characters (both in universe and as a published character). Miles, Kamala, Amadeus or Doreen.
    Less shitstorm, less justification about why they stayed so long in the closet.
    Squirrel Girl being sold to a (from what I heard) more diverse and younger public than most other Marvel comics, I guess she would be a nice choice. Not to mention that she'll be on TV.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

In a visual media such as comics and with showing being better than telling in storytelling, I think it's confirmed Kitty's bi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    ok. this gave me pause. i know i love the idea and the reaction it would garner from ppl who have co-opted the character but i know i will still hate the character.
    DC's Midnighter is kinda of a gay Punisher in its solo and it's GLORIOUS! In Marvel I think bi Daken almost scratches that itch, he should get solos more often.
    Last edited by paulojrmam; 09-26-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Let's turn every non gay guy into a gay guy!

Or better! Wanda Maximoff: "No More Straight"

No, not gay--bisexual. And yes, her kissing another woman is a pretty significant indicator. On top of that, of course, there is also years of subtext from the character's creator Chris Claremont--who has also said in interviews that he considers Kitty to be bisexual. He has said that he always figured Kitty and Rachel Summers would eventually end up together.
    Claremont writes every female like they're bisexual though, so that's not exactly a big deal.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I don't think he really did it with Rogue or Psylocke. I would agree with Storm (and Yukio), Mystique (and Destiny), and Kitty (and Ilyana/Rachel).

That being said, Kitty Pryde's queer coding is pretty prevalent with Ilyana giving her the soul sword and being the only two people who were roommates in the entire mansion. With Kitty and Rachel, in Excalibur, it's as much Alan Davis as Chris Claremont, though. In addition to the art showing them holding hands and other subtle "gal pal" cues, in Days of Futures Yet to Come, Kate Pryde literally calls Rachel "My Love." Also, the Courtney Ross/Saturnyne birthday scene Alan Davis admittedly drew as a seduction scene.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 09-26-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?