View Poll Results: Who should be the next gay character?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peter Parker

13 9.09%
  • Miles Morales

17 11.89%
  • Tony Stark

13 9.09%
  • Jane Foster

5 3.50%
  • Thor Odinson

12 8.39%
  • Carol Danvers

17 11.89%
  • Kamala Khan

16 11.19%
  • Amadeus Cho

12 8.39%
  • Bruce Banner

4 2.80%
  • T'Challa

14 9.79%
  • Logan

17 11.89%
  • Laura Kinney

24 16.78%
  • Frank Castle

16 11.19%
  • Doreen Green

6 4.20%
  • other

60 41.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

I don't think characters' sexuality should be arbitrarily changed like Iceman. I'd rather they promote one of their already gay characters or make new ones. And when I say promote I don't mean "throw them into an ongoing solo and see what happens." I mean have a year(s)-long plan to build up certain character(s) in various ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    ...and support alt-right channels like "diversity and comics"...
    You're adorable.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Captain America.

He has to be one of the few top people with fans coming up with theories about him being gay that hasnt been turned in the comics gay yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Realistically I think it would be neat to confirm Storm, Hercules and Deadpool as being Bi.

As far as which other characters I can imagine becoming LGBT:
    • Harry Osborn (Again, with his animosity with his dad, of all of Spider-Man's supporting characters, I always felt it would make the most sense for Harry to be the one to be revealed as Gay or Bi)
    • Spider-Gwen
    • Reshaun Lucas (the new Patriot)
    Interesting list. Can I ask for elaboration the latter (Rayshaun)?

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    You're adorable.
    Tell me how I'm wrong.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Interesting list. Can I ask for elaboration the latter (Rayshaun)?
    My idea with Reshaun is since he's a newly introduced character, he's effectively still a blank slate of a character.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    My idea with Reshaun is since he's a newly introduced character, he's effectively still a blank slate of a character.
    Exactly why he should be a regular black male character that is heterosexual. There are already a shortage of them in hero positions. Let's be bold and make someone like Tony or Rodgers gay.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Exactly why he should be a regular black male character that is heterosexual. There are already a shortage of them in hero positions. Let's be bold and make someone like Tony or Rodgers gay.
    I'm not following the logic here. If you think there is a shortage of heterosexual black males as superheroes, can you imagine the shortage of LGBTQ black characters in the same position? It's even worst. So if we're going by who needs representation the most, it's not the straight guys. Making MORE black characters be queer is the true bold move here, as the VAST majority of characters originally conceived OR retconned as LGBTQ are white.

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

Ummmm....Steve or Tony?? Ignoring more than fifty years, or in the case of Cap 70+ years, of characterization?
    No..no...and NO!
    Iceman was ridiculous enough, don't mean to offend, but that was just beyond the pale and done only to placate a few. It also was a disservice to the character. Sorry.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post
    Ummmm....Steve or Tony?? Ignoring more than fifty years, or in the case of Cap 70+ years, of characterization?
    No..no...and NO!
    Iceman was ridiculous enough, don't mean to offend, but that was just beyond the pale and done only to placate a few. It also was a disservice to the character. Sorry.
    Yeah, exactly. I've been reading comics since 1968, and neither of these characters has shown signs of being gay. I know the characters haven't aged very much in the last 50 years, but come on, they've appeared in literally thousands of comics over more than a 50 year span. I'm sorry new characters don't sell very well, and existing gay characters aren't that popular, but how about my childhood favorites remain the way they were meant to be? There should be a poll on how many people would drop books like a hot potato if their favorite character was outed as gay after several decades of them being straight, and before most of the posters on this thread were even born.

BANNED

>literal blank slate can't be gay because he's black
    >characters who've spent ~60 years straight can be turned
    >somehow that's bold
    Are black LGBT folks some kind of Underground Legend or something? Was Moonlight a Fantasy Flick? Huh, the more you learn...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yaddle View Post
    My possible picks would be:
    Doom
    The guy daydreams about chaining women to his dungeon, and uses a Time-Machine to bone an Arthurian Witch (Morgan le Fay). I'd say he's pretty straight...

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    The guy daydreams about chaining women to his dungeon, and uses a Time-Machine to bone an Arthurian Witch (Morgan le Fay). I'd say he's pretty straight...
    you're forgetting that one of his dream women was actually Loki. Doom clearly has a crush on, both, Namor, Reed, and Magneto.

Incredible Member

What do you mean clearly? He hates Reed because deep down knows Reed is smarter than him. Namor is an ally who he respects, but clearly would like to crush under his heels with the rest humanity. Loki was a hot woman at one point too, right? Not exactly clear indicators he's gay. So tired of a vocal minority wanting to change 50 years of stories. Absolutely ridiculous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you're forgetting that one of his dream women was actually Loki. Doom clearly has a crush on, both, Namor, Reed, and Magneto.
    In Sif's body, makes a big difference. The guy's a literal God who can shapeshift into a horse. Stuff like Gay get thrown out of the window at that point. We don't need a "are Traps gay" debate...

As for Namor:

Namor_McKenzie_(Earth-6091)_000.jpg

Part of the same fantasy as the Emma Frost/Lady Loki one (I honestly ship DoomFrost).

As for Magneto, they've barely interacted, but his thoughts can be summed up as:

1515491021623.jpg

"Freak" doesn't sound too affectionate to me...

As for Reed, it's literally a dick measuring contest. I don't know why people are reading into it that much. Off-Context panels between Tony & Steve make for more believable signs. Reed & Victor are a textbook example of a petty ******* not accepting that someone else is better at some regards. The fact that Reed can stretch his dick to infinity really doesn't help matters...

PS: Open the pics in a new tab.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    What do you mean clearly? He hates Reed because deep down knows Reed is smarter than him. Namor is an ally who he respects, but clearly would like to crush under his heels with the rest humanity. Loki was a hot woman at one point too, right? Not exactly clear indicators he's gay. So tired of a vocal minority wanting to change 50 years of stories. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    In Sif's body, makes a big difference. The guy's a literal God who can shapeshift into a horse. Stuff like Gay get thrown out of the window at that point. We don't need a "are Traps gay" debate...

As for Namor:

Namor_McKenzie_(Earth-6091)_000.jpg

Part of the same fantasy as the Emma Frost/Lady Loki one (I honestly ship DoomFrost).

As for Magneto, they've barely interacted, but his thoughts can be summed up as:

1515491021623.jpg

"Freak" doesn't sound too affectionate to me...

As for Reed, it's literally a dick measuring contest. I don't know why people are reading into it that much. Off-Context panels between Tony & Steve make for more believable signs. Reed & Victor are a textbook example of a petty ******* not accepting that someone else is better at some regards. The fact that Reed can stretch his dick to infinity really doesn't help matters...

PS: Open the pics in a new tab.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!