View Poll Results: Who should be the next gay character?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peter Parker

13 9.09%
  • Miles Morales

17 11.89%
  • Tony Stark

13 9.09%
  • Jane Foster

5 3.50%
  • Thor Odinson

12 8.39%
  • Carol Danvers

17 11.89%
  • Kamala Khan

16 11.19%
  • Amadeus Cho

12 8.39%
  • Bruce Banner

4 2.80%
  • T'Challa

14 9.79%
  • Logan

17 11.89%
  • Laura Kinney

24 16.78%
  • Frank Castle

16 11.19%
  • Doreen Green

6 4.20%
  • other

60 41.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

A gay Hulk would be fascinating. Don't think Amadeus is the right one though.

I reckon pietro should be omnisexual

No one. I'm still pissed about Iceman.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Can you imagine a bisexual Punisher? The macho gun bros would shit a brick.

Please make Punisher bi.

There was a little AU Xavier and Magneto cameo on the Secret Wars Secret Love mini.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The correct answer is Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The correct answer is Thanos.
    Death actually is a guy.

In Secret Wars II, Beyonder killed Death. So they had to get a new person to volunteer to be Death. The person that volunteered was a man.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There was a little AU Xavier and Magneto cameo on the Secret Wars Secret Love mini.
    Ewww...Storm kissing Wolverine.

Is that Prodigy making out with Speed? Who is that girl She-Hulk is throwing in the air? Is that Crystal talking to Johnny while messing with her sister?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post

Is that Prodigy making out with Speed? Who is that girl She-Hulk is throwing in the air? Is that Crystal talking to Johnny while messing with her sister?
    I think they were a couple in WatXM comic. Ya even though Speed didn't see their relationship that way the ship got loved big because I actually have no idea. I think that is Daredevil. I think she is talking to him, I don't get the "messing with her sister?" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post

Yep it's Prodigy and Speed. Tbh I totally shipped them on YA 2. And the "girl" She-Hulk is throwing is actually Daredevil I think. Idk what you're on about Crystal and Medusa. Medusa is on the far left with Black Bolt.

None of the listed characters really come off as queer to me. For once not mentioned, I have always kinda wondered if Illyana could be gay. I don't think she has had much in the way of romances... if I am right, Kate Leth wanted to make Hellcat bi in her solo, but Marvel said no. That would have been cool.

I would love Marvel to create an all-new queer character, a really powerful hero or something, and really push to get them known. Like with original characters though, its hard to do that with a purely original character who lacks a passed-down mantle. Hmm... has Marvel ever had a trans superhero? Its about time that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Can you imagine a bisexual Punisher? The macho gun bros would shit a brick.

Please make Punisher bi.
    I now really want this to happen. I would start reading Frank books again!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Make em bi.
    I would love to see more bi characters in comics. There are exceptions of course, but the ones we have are either shown as sexual deviants, or are bi in the sense that the writer said it in an interview but we will never see their 'queer' side. Purely gay characters seem to get more development in books then bi, trans, pan etc characters.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post

I now really want this to happen. I would start reading Frank books again!
    Plus, an LGBT soldier character would be nice especially one unconventional like Castle.

The river of salty teas his dudebro fandom would cry is just icing really.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    To be fair, bisexuality is just hard to write. Unless you have the character referencing it all the time, or just whoring it about and sleeping with numerous people, as soon as you put them in a relationship, people just read them as whatever that relationship is.
    Agreed. Making their bisexual nature a part of their life would only look like a token informed thing unless they themselves were serial daters, and superhero comics don't always portray that sort of behavior in the most positive of light or ever do much to develop relationships. Usually it would be like Daken or Hercules with it just sort of taking place as part of a background or part of a background thing and rarely if ever mentioned again, like Constantine who had some male lovers but everybody forgets it. DC is actually much more open about this than Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I prefer Marvel creating a new character instead of having someone come out of the closet. I wonder if DC is ever going to do this to one of their heroes.
    Sorta with Renee Montoya. I don't remember it being open until she straight up told Two-Face she was a lesbian, but I remember all the signs being there for the reveal. They also sort of did this for Catman and Catwoman. Though those two are bi. Sort of the same with Wonder Woman as well. I know Rucka confirmed he was writing her as bi and there were some scenes implying she had prior relationships with women on the island, but I can't outright recall her doing anything in the modern times.

Plus, an LGBT soldier character would be nice especially one unconventional like Castle.

This would be one of the biggest and funniest things pretty much ever if Marvel decided to intentionally mess with a fandom and didn't care about crashing their own titles.
    Last edited by Skedatz; 01-20-2018 at 07:26 PM.

I would actually prefer an LGBT soldier side-kick character, to Frank being queer. More of a chance of happening, and it would be interesting to explore institutional homophobia in the military. I have no idea how Frank has been portrayed in regards to his acceptance of others, but I can seem him not caring about anyone's sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    People always forget that Marvel HAS a queer character with a successful solo book that doesn't get cancelled: Deadpool. So if the thread's intention is to point out a queer character who could thrive with a solo book, I'd say they should spend more energy treating Wade's pan/omni/whateversexuality as more than a joke.
    I don't see him as queer. Like you said, it's all jokes. Bugs smooching Elmer.
    I realise that I forgot to add him in the list, although he's one of the best selling characters. I probably unconsciously scrapped him because he's so... despicable right now.

Also forgot Matt Murdock, Gwen Stacy and Stephen Strange. All have rather successful solos. There weren't any spots left on the poll, anyway.

This would be awesome.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.