View Poll Results: Who should be the next gay character?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peter Parker

13 9.09%
  • Miles Morales

17 11.89%
  • Tony Stark

13 9.09%
  • Jane Foster

5 3.50%
  • Thor Odinson

12 8.39%
  • Carol Danvers

17 11.89%
  • Kamala Khan

16 11.19%
  • Amadeus Cho

12 8.39%
  • Bruce Banner

4 2.80%
  • T'Challa

14 9.79%
  • Logan

17 11.89%
  • Laura Kinney

24 16.78%
  • Frank Castle

16 11.19%
  • Doreen Green

6 4.20%
  • other

60 41.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think the person who said Tony may have been joking.
    He's the third option in the poll. What makes you think they're joking?

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    So you've never played sports and been in a locker room with a bunch of naked guys before? Doesn't make team mates gay, does it? Guys can see each other without clothing on without wanting to have sex with them. Seriously.
    So you make your friends breakfast while you're naked?

I will almost always give a book with an LGBTQ lead a chance. Because representation is important to me. I'll drop it pretty quick if I don't like it (cough: America and Xmen:Blue), but I'll give them a fair go first.

I really see it as a no win scenario to be honest. There are serious issues with all 3 options.making an established character gay causes backlash and cries of retconning (even if the hints were there), creating a new character is tough to make a dent in an already busy universe and trying to raise the profile of am already created character usually doesn't work.

The third is my personal favourite option. I'd love a Wiccan and Hulking book. But I know it'd be cancelled with a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    If I am as confident and in love with myself as Johnny Storm is? Maybe ?

He's the third option in the poll. What makes you think they're joking?
    Because Tony just seems so random to me and it seems like he's an option just because he sells well rather than having anything hinted at throughout the years.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-21-2018 at 02:44 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

So you've never played sports and been in a locker room with a bunch of naked guys before? Doesn't make team mates gay, does it? Guys can see each other without clothing on without wanting to have sex with them. Seriously.
    Those panels look very domesticated, like an old married couple. It's not crazy that people will think that. If it were a man and a woman, or two women I'd still think the same thing.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-21-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Incredible Member

First of all, he's not naked. He's wearing underwear. If a bunch of guys are hanging out together, say in a cabin on a fishing trip, they'll walk around in their underwear. Doesn't make them gay. I'm not even sure why I'm arguing. Seems to me that you think men can't have friends that are comfortable with themselves without being gay. Pretty silly, but think what you want.

First of all, he's not naked. He's wearing underwear. If a bunch of guys are hanging out together, say in a cabin on a fishing trip, they'll walk around in their underwear. Doesn't make them gay. I'm not even sure why I'm arguing. Seems to me that you think men can't have friends that are comfortable with themselves without being gay. Pretty silly, but think what you want.
    He's not walking around in his underwear because he just got out of bed. He's wearing nothing but underwear and an apron while he's making his fully-dressed friend breakfast.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I wouldn't be opposed to Johnny Storm being omnisexual. That being said, I really don't like to engage in stereotypes or any other problematic reasoning to get there. Gay people don't walk around naked with their male friends just because they're gay.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Men can be comfortable among other men without being gay y'know.
    Last edited by stingray; 01-21-2018 at 09:44 PM.

BANNED

Everyone. Make everyone gay.

IMG_0749.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to Johnny Storm being omnisexual. That being said, I really don't like to engage in stereotypes or any other problematic reasoning to get there. Gay people don't walk around naked with their male friends just because they're gay.
    People in relationships do.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I chose other as most people here are doing but I don't have a character to suggest. I really hate the idea of characters coming out as gay just for the sake of it. I'm so glad it's not a trend! Iceman coming out made 100% sense to me and a lot of others. Tony Stark or Miles Morales or Kamala Khan or, really, any of the characters in this poll to come out as gay or anywhere on the spectrum at this point just seems wrong. I want quality stories featuring gay characters. It's fun to fantasize about the straight popular characters coming out or experimenting but I wouldn't want it to happen just because. Logan is one of my favorite characters and it wouldn't make sense if he came out as being gay. However, we have General Howlett from an alternate universe that is gay and it's great! Catch me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's not because he's walking around naked, but because he's doing it while making Peter breakfast and in such a way that it looks like couple. Especially the one with him pouring him juice while handing Peter the newspaper.

If Marvel decided to make Johnny bi, no one could legitimately say it came out of nowhere

I can't say the same for most on this poll...
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-21-2018 at 04:14 PM.

People in relationships do.
    Well, Johnny is kind of in a relationship with Peter when you think about it .

(I wouldn't be surprised to see him do it with Ben either, just to screw with him).