View Poll Results: Who should be the next gay character?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peter Parker

13 9.09%
  • Miles Morales

17 11.89%
  • Tony Stark

13 9.09%
  • Jane Foster

5 3.50%
  • Thor Odinson

12 8.39%
  • Carol Danvers

17 11.89%
  • Kamala Khan

16 11.19%
  • Amadeus Cho

12 8.39%
  • Bruce Banner

4 2.80%
  • T'Challa

14 9.79%
  • Logan

17 11.89%
  • Laura Kinney

24 16.78%
  • Frank Castle

16 11.19%
  • Doreen Green

6 4.20%
  • other

60 41.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    I agree, it makes more sense for him to be bisexual than gay.
    No one said Johnny Storm should be gay, but bisexual which would not invalidate any of his previous relationships.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-22-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member

He's not walking around in his underwear because he just got out of bed. He's wearing nothing but underwear and an apron while he's making his fully-dressed friend breakfast.
    I see what you're saying, but as crazy as it is....its true. If you've ever been on a guys trip or have some male bonding time, I can totally see this happening. As weird as it is...it happens.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    No one said Johnny Storm should be gay, but bisexual which would not invalidate any of his previous relationships.
    I was responding to the other poster who said "It always annoys me when they bring up Johnny as a candidate when he has literally decades of stories with relationships with women."

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    "Who should be the next gay character?"

Read Generation X.
    Or Runaways.

Also this list is just for fan-w*nk.

C'mon, bruh.
    This list feels more like fujoushi bait than any actual discussion. I mean, really, we're in a time where quite a few stories we've been getting are pretty meh and people are more concerned about retconning characters' sexuality than just getting good stories. This is where the priorities stand apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    This list feels more like fujoushi bait than any actual discussion. I mean, really, we're in a time where quite a few stories we've been getting are pretty meh and people are more concerned about retconning characters' sexuality than just getting good stories. This is where the priorities stand apparently.
    The two aren't mutually exclusive (ie what PAD did with Rictor and Shatterstar).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yeah this particular list is more based on who's popular than anything substantial. But the fact is people aren't more concerned about this than Marvel's quality, there are always threads made on how to improve Marvel or what Marvel's current catalog should be at the moment. People definitely care a lot more about the quality of Marvel's books.
    This is a forum, so there will be a whole range of discussions and this is just one of them. It's not indicative of people's priorities at all as people can care about more than one thing. I say that Johnny should be bisexual, but it is far from what I want the most from Marvel (just look at my sig to guess what I want the most, I'd make a thread of it if I hadn't before... several times).

This is just another topic out of the hundreds here daily.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-22-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Yea, but its cool to invalidate Icemans relationships from before. See my hole problem with Bobby was that he was IN LOVE with Polaris and he dated other women to. To disrespect all his relationships before was annoying as hell and he was my favorite X-Man. (Still is top 3) They took bisexuality away from him to please various fans I guess. Whatever...hopefully they'll switch him to Bi so he can get great engaging storytelling out of it.

As for Torch, hes a douchebag. Plan and simple. I love me some torch, but hes like Namor level in doucheness. Those are those type of guys that walk around half naked that love to tell how many girls they've bagged and like to be the alpha male. They usually have what people believe is the ideal male body type and can make others feel lesser around them....The hot girl or the gay guys wet dream incarnate. Daken managed to out douche Johnny and he was so mentally screwed up from it, he didn't know how to take it. Hence why he acts like a fan girl whenever Daken walks in the room. Daken could've been slept with Johnny, but they respect each others Doucheness so no matter what Liu says, I highly doubt it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Yea, but its cool to invalidate Icemans relationships from before. See my hole problem with Bobby was that he was IN LOVE with Polaris and he dated other women to. To disrespect all his relationships before was annoying as hell and he was my favorite X-Man. (Still is top 3) They took bisexuality away from him to please various fans I guess. Whatever...hopefully they'll switch him to Bi so he can get great engaging storytelling out of it.

As for Torch, hes a douchebag. Plan and simple. I love me some torch, but hes like Namor level in doucheness. Those are those type of guys that walk around half naked that love to tell how many girls they've bagged and like to be the alpha male. They usually have what people believe is the ideal male body type and can make others feel lesser around them....The hot girl or the gay guys wet dream incarnate. Daken managed to out douche Johnny and he was so mentally screwed up from it, he didn't know how to take it. Hence why he acts like a fan girl whenever Daken walks in the room. Daken could've been slept with Johnny, but they respect each others Doucheness so no matter what Liu says, I highly doubt it.
    Well, there's another factor and Namor seems to not be up to the task.

Yeah yeah, I know, Unreliable Narrator and all but it's fun page...

Techno_Knight! You did it again!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Incredible Member

LOL!!! That's a definite Hater on aisle 3. I love it!! Is that a female? Its like that group of girls that go out and theres always one of them that likes to make sure no man comes up and talks to them. The little blocker of the group that you send your boy after to keep her distracted while you talk to her friends. LOL there she is in panel.

Bendis completely screwed up with Iceman, the entire way it was handled was just terrible. It came out of nowhere within the same run it was revealed and came across as a way for Bendis to leave his mark more than anything worthwhile. It's one of the many reasons I'm happy Bendis is gone.

I don't think Johnny is douchebag, he can be a jerk but his heart is in the right place. No one is Namor levels of doucheness. No one.
    I tend to go with what the writer intended, Liu said she intended the tension to be sexual when writing it so that's how I'll see it. If a future writer decides to go that direction with Johnny there would be some history so it wouldn't come out of nowhere and as long as they do it justice and tell a good story then everything is cool. If it's another Bendis, then I'd rather it not happen.

BANNED

Kamala Khan.

The two aren't mutually exclusive (ie what PAD did with Rictor and Shatterstar).
    Was there any controversy over that? I wasn't reading comics at the time
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Techno_Knight! You did it again!
    I've had that image saved since the issue came out, and now I finally have a reason to post it. Don't uh...PostShame(?) me...

LOL!!! That's a definite Hater on aisle 3. I love it!! Is that a female? Its like that group of girls that go out and theres always one of them that likes to make sure no man comes up and talks to them. The little blocker of the group that you send your boy after to keep her distracted while you talk to her friends. LOL there she is in panel.
    Yeah, she's a female. Best as I can tell, really. Looks like an... Underwater-Woman or something (not Atlantean, since they're just blue humanoids). In Namor's defense, it's pretty cold down there (although that's mostly bullshit,and as much as Terrence Howard wants us to believe otherwise, a 0.5" can't grow to 9") but his speedos don't look that packed, truth be told. And Hell, they are speedos, and he's built, so there should be SOME bulge in there. Then again, it's Big 2 books, where Morrison says Batman has an 11" dick yet his tights never have a hint of anything, so... Imagine what you will I guess.

Or that... gal, might just be a size queen and well, judging from her looks, she doesn't really have a right to be. Unless obese Fish-People are what's hot in the MU these days...

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Was there any controversy over that? I wasn't reading comics at the time
    Liefeld complained, but I don't think a lot of fans had a problem with it.