Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Leia Poppins explained

Rian finally tries to explain that scene. You all know the one I'm talking about. I'm getting the feeling that TLJ is going to be one of those "the more you watch it, the worse it gets" movies. Now all we need is for someone to explain why they didn't just take one or more of the ships that was running out of fuel and crash it into the pursuing fleet earlier..... https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-last-j...use-explained/

BANNED

This needed explaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    This needed explaining?
    When this scene happened I heard a series of dull tapping sounds, like a bunch of theatre goers had dropped their candy at once. I let out an annoyed sigh and kept watching the movie. Only after the movie was over did I discover the awful truth. The people kept bumping into eachother like they couldn't see anything. Someone bumped into me so hard I fell down......and that is when I saw them.

EYEBALLS!

So. Many. Eyeballs. Brown, grey, blue, green. It turns out that the sound I heard during the "Leia Poppins" scene wasn't everyone dropping their candy at once. People rolled their eyes so hard that their eyes just...fell out.

So yeah, this needs to be explained.

iMan 42s

Palpatine did a corkscrew flip while screeching from his desk up some steps. Leia's spacewalk is not the weirdest usage of the force.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    When this scene happened I heard a series of dull tapping sounds, like a bunch of theatre goers had dropped their candy at once. I let out an annoyed sigh and kept watching the movie. Only after the movie was over did I discover the awful truth. The people kept bumping into eachother like they couldn't see anything. Someone bumped into me so hard I fell down......and that is when I saw them.

EYEBALLS!

So. Many. Eyeballs. Brown, grey, blue, green. It turns out that the sound I heard during the "Leia Poppins" scene wasn't everyone dropping their candy at once. People rolled their eyes so hard that their eyes just...fell out.

So yeah, this needs to be explained.
    Colorful exaggeration but exaggeration nonethless. Any Star Wars fan or even casual movie goer who has heard of Star Wars and knows the basic premise of the Force understood that she "used the Force". That's all that needed to be known. Just the fact Jedi use the Force has been a sufficient explanation for everything they've done throughout 7 films before this, and they done superhuman stuff throughout all of them. Many of which involves outright breaking the laws of physics. To all of a sudden want more of an explanation for this one is actually pretty comical within that context.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-20-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Palpatine did a corkscrew flip while screeching from his desk up some steps. Leia's spacewalk is not the weirdest usage of the force.
    Really? You're really comparing those uses of the Force to eachother?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    This needed explaining?
    There was that one theatre that caught flack for putting a disclaimer about the now famous hyperspace attack. They felt they had to tell the audience that the sudden loss of sound was deliberately in the movie and not the theatre's sound system failing.

As far as Leia, I didn't need anyone to tell me how she did what she did. She has Skywalker blood. Skywalkers are bad-asses. 'Nuff said.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Lol! There is no explanation!!

I honestly don't see a problem here. Or people aren't happy that Princess Leia showed her Force powers in her last film.

This is among the most persistent complaints which i see no reason to complain about. She wasn't flying like Superman. She was floating in space and a simple Force pull was enough to do the rest in vaccum. Somehow people can't see this and need an explanation.

We got to see her using the Force and people are still unhappy. I am surprised.

Rian finally tries to explain that scene. You all know the one I'm talking about. I'm getting the feeling that TLJ is going to be one of those "the more you watch it, the worse it gets" movies. Now all we need is for someone to explain why they didn't just take one or more of the ships that was running out of fuel and crash it into the pursuing fleet earlier.... https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-last-j...use-explained/
    No explanation is needed there. Resistance is not into suicide attacks. You loose both ships and people who are precious. Unlike the almost limitless resources of the First Order, the Resistance are really constrained with regards to manpower and equipment.

Or did i catch a tone of sarcasm? I am seeing a lot of explanations. Many from Rian Johnson himself. I don't think they are really needed.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-21-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Really? You're really comparing those uses of the Force to eachother?
    That Palpatine seen was pretty out there as far as what the human body is capable of so yeah, in comparison this wasn't that far out of the ball park of what we've seen. I'm not saying it's my favorite scene or anything but it's certainly not the most unbelievable thing to happen in the Star Wars Universe.

Leia Poppins lol, i like that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    There was that one theatre that caught flack for putting a disclaimer about the now famous hyperspace attack. They felt they had to tell the audience that the sudden loss of sound was deliberately in the movie and not the theatre's sound system failing.

As far as Leia, I didn't need anyone to tell me how she did what she did. She has Skywalker blood. Skywalkers are bad-asses. 'Nuff said.
    I don't need an explanation because it's badass, the Zack Snyder route. Careful we could end up here....

23 years later....

One Jedi is about is about to kill another Jedi until...

Wounded Jedi 1:Kenobi..cough...Ugh...

Jedi 2: What?

Jedi 1: Kenobi..cough...cough...save Kenobi.

Jedi 2: Obi Wan Kenobi?! HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME?!

Right, because no one in the history of cinema was "badass" before Zack Snyder introduced it 2 years ago...

Anyone claiming to "need" an explanation doesn't actually need one. It's just an excuse to spread their disappointment.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-21-2018 at 11:13 AM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It does not need explaining. It was just a weird choice to make. It was not her using the force to pull herself back to the ship that bugged me it was her floating unconcious in the vacum of space and then just waking up. Unless she was unconcious for just a few seconds she should have been dead being exposed to space like that. That was my problem with the scene.

They could have showed her force powers so much better if she had held back the vacum on the destroyed bridge long enough for someone to get a shield up. She could have then collapsed and be taken to the medic bay. Same story beats are hit but without the logic holes.

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to echo the "this needed explaining?" question.

Leia used the force to survive and pull herself to the ship.

Simple and wonderful.