View Poll Results: Would you accept an Inhuman joining the X-Men?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 19.51%
  • No

40 48.78%
  • Depends on the Inhuman.

26 31.71%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, because the x-men Should be about inclussion, tolerance, diversity and forgiveness.
    Get the... No. Stop it. This is when the X-Men stop being a metaphor and just become the love brigade. Stop it.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Get the... No. Stop it. This is when the X-Men stop being a metaphor and just become the love brigade. Stop it.
    Agree, anyone here ever heard of the paradox of tolerance by Popper? It pretty much says the if there's unlimited tolerance in a society it'll ended up being seized by intolerant indivuduals that were tolerated. Thus in order for one society to survive it has to be intolerant to intolerance, and the inhumans represent everything wrong with society (slavery, eugenics, genocide, social Darwinism, royal privilege), thus the inhumans that advocate, tolerate or defens for those ideas deserve no tolerance or acceptance for the X men or any group.

X men should prioritize survival or their race first

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    The X-men want mutants to be included in society.

They want social tolerance for differences and situations that might occur with mutants, but may not be a mutants fault, ie public power manifestations.

Yes the X-men are about forgiving enemies, Magneto, Emma Frost, Pyro, Frenzy, Banshee, Sunfire, Marrow, ect.

And finally it was marvel editorial that pushed mutant extinction and M-day as long as it went on, not the characters in universe. Marvel editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The Unity Squad itself already filled that role though. Just need to bring it back, with their mission statement made clear again(though there's kind of an in-story reason for why they kinda lost their way with that, aka HydraCap technically making it unofficial and etc).
    I mean more with the leadership between Mutants and Inhumans, not just members also being on the team. The "Unity Squad" was already in operation with the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being Avengers before, but it wasn't as symbolic until the Unity Squad was formed with the intent to heal rifts. But I mean for an X-Team and not so much another Avengers team.

I think that BECAUSE of Synapses relationship with Cable and Rogue I would actually welcome her into the fold as an x-man. I can’t really see anyone else fitting the bill, nor would want to, but I feel like she really would have done well/would do well

Sure. Inhumans can join the X-Men... as long as those Inhumans are Luna and Lockjaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Inhumans stand for class and royal privilege, slavery, genocide, social Darwinism and eugenics. It'd be like acting tolerant with nazis
    NEVER FORGET
    I'd happily have this image reversed
    We've seen it. It's not pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I would rather inhumans or avengers join XMen than mutants join their groups.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

I think in a franchise literally all about inclusivity, representation, and overcoming racism, rejecting a whole species because some were evil is pretty bad.

Plus, warlock, Warbird, Longshot, gossamyr, Hepzibah, etc...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think it would be a natural extension of the School's inclusivity and outreach principles. It should have been done after IvX though, because now nobody cares about the Inhumans anymore. They have been pushed and pushed and pushed and they failed, the poor things. Now watch them slowly disappear and return to their guest-star-only status.

First X-men would never deny help to anyone who came to ask them even BB or Medusa because that is their nature.

Second the X-mens as an institution seek acceptance of mutants so working together with other groups is essential to achieve this goal.

During IvX and after IvX for example the X-men helped save Inhumans despite everything that happened between them.

In that sense, it is perfectly possible for X-men to accept non-mutants in school for a while. This means that the X-mens can accept them for a while but not in definite because the X-mens are a group of mutant heroes is what defines them. One or three arcs of history has no problem but more than that already would be too much because Atilan already has all a support to help Inhumans so interchange is possible when necessary.

The biggest problem is that having an Inhuman at school can generate problems in the same way as having a mutant walk around Atilan. It is too early for the two groups to have forgotten everything that happened since there were many deaths even Wanda when she appears in school turns in a great collision because not everyone has forgotten or pardoned her. If the X-men themselves would have problems with that imagine the fans .

Plus as they have said there are several X-mens in limbo make room for Inhumans while they remain in the refrigerator in a comic mutant does not look right.

At the moment Kamala, MG and Synapse is ok and good but any of the major Inhumans or royalty the answer is no what they did was horrible in many ways. The way marvel solved IvX also did not help redeem their image same with Wanda many fans can not forgive them. Personally the anger have of BB and Medusa still burns inside me , but can not blame an entire race by their actions.

I believe that the ideal would continue being a separate group as UA that would unite each species causing the resentments to disappear with time but it seems that marvel has no interest in it since UA despite being one of my favorite titles almost did nothing for this goal.

It would be cool if X-men Red tackles this somehow would like hear Jean's opinion on this.

In short, it is still early, both sides and fans need time but eventually yes is possible and necessary.

They can join they just don't get any dialogue until every other x-character gets some

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Why don't we just go hold hands and sing kumbaya..? Goodness, you people are getting soft.

The X-Men are the X-Men... and the Inhumans are the... X-Men. That's the problem. Axel's Marvel didn't know how to handle the Inhumans. Instead of exploring the differences to mutants, Inhumans being an ancient society based on rank, status, slavery, and a monarchy; we got X-Men lite. It all got so muddled together that they became similar. When in fact it they should have been as comparable beyond the super powers as XTAS is to Game of Thrones. Instead, they erase that rich back history (or just ignored it) and made them vanilla. Something a lot of you are ok with, even though that way of thinking IS KILLING COMICS. Everything doesnt have to be the same, or equal or fair. @#@$ that. Tell me a good story without all the social and marketing tactics to gain ground and pull in a readship that doesnt exist, or capitalize on the likeness of a IP they dont fully control.

No. I say, no. Give the Inhumans what they deserve, and it's not the X-Men. Let them be Inhumans, something different and equally intriguing. Freakin' noids man... I don't even know what a "noid" is but I'm using it.

NO.

Funny thing... I think it'll happen and it'll be hailed as some "groundbreaking"-thing. Effing stupid and lazy.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 01-21-2018 at 06:53 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Until adult Cyclops comes back, no. I would not accept an Inhuman joining the X-men. They still were responsible for creating a world in which the X-men had to live in a demon realm because they refused to contain their precious mist. They've never really apologized for it, at least not until it became too inconvenient. And the death of all those mutants, including Cyclops, is still on their hands. Until they find some way to make up for that, I would not accept an Inhuman into the X-men.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    OK, so before you tie me up and burn me at a stake, let me try and explain. I have just finished reading Gerry Duggan's run on Uncanny Avengers. Great book, best of the 'Avengers' titles in my opinion. Anyway, there is a character called Synapse, the 'token' Inhuman of the team. During the book she bonds with Cable, and at the end he stats that Xavier would have loved to help her understand her powers, and she would have been one of his best students. That got me thinking, would X-Fans be accepting of an Inhuman joining the X-Men?

Personally speaking, I rather like the idea. I would not want the X-Men to no longer be mutant related, but this could be a good way in-universe to heal the schism between the two factions. They do share many similarities (No Marvel, that does not mean you can replace one with the other) and it would be an interesting way to see new Nuhuman characters who do not follow the ways of the Royal Family. Besides, haven't aliens joined the X-Men before anyway? Having the X-Men and Inhumans actually be allies would have been a much better way to push the forward in the MU, rather then starting a sickening race war between the two.

The only problem I see is that some X-fans... really hate the Inhumans, so may see this less as an interesting story technique and more an insult...
    I would. The X-men have accepted aliens, humans and robots in their ranks, why not Inhumans?
    I'd actually love if Synapse became a member of X-factor alongside Quicksilver.

BANNED

There is only one but she's doing good on her own. Uniscione, Nate Grey, Threnody, Scanner all need panel time. Forget the Inhuman jobbers. Well...Luna is no jobber but they don't even give you updates on her.