Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tokusatsu

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The funny thing about Dragon Knight is that it's kind of what got me into Kamen Rider but, watching it, I always felt like I wished I was enjoying it more then I actually was. Like it had a lot of potential but it just didn't utilize it as well as it could have.

I enjoyed Ryuki more but I watched Ryuki long after I had seen Dragon Knight.
    That's an understandable point. I got into Kamen Rider through one of my college acquaintances showing me episodes of Kamen Rider Faiz in my sophomore year back in 2005.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A clip from Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, The Chameliac Warrior.

I feel "Best of The Best" is appropriate for this scene given the episode that followed it was a team up with the Space Rangers whose season was the first to use this song.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-09-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Anybody excited Lupinranger VS Patranger's debut tonight

Last edited by DragonKent17; 02-11-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm behind on Kamen Rider Build and Kyuuranger, but that's mainly because I've been watching Gingaman since it came in the mail.

So ... I used to get the odd Ultraman and Sentai tapes thrown in when I would tape trade for Japanese wrestling.

I've got an extensive Godzilla and Ultraman collection but was wondering ...

Where's a good place to start with Kyuuranger? I plan on starting with Sentai Zyuranger since I have some of those already and go from there.

Any recommendations? Ones to skip?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultraman i suggest to watch Leo, Tiga, Gaia, Nexus and Max (underrated show IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So ... I used to get the odd Ultraman and Sentai tapes thrown in when I would tape trade for Japanese wrestling.

I've got an extensive Godzilla and Ultraman collection but was wondering ...

Where's a good place to start with Kyuuranger? I plan on starting with Sentai Zyuranger since I have some of those already and go from there.

Any recommendations? Ones to skip?
    For Ultraman i recommend Ultraman Nexus and Max (both underrated shows IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Ultraman i suggest to watch Leo, Tiga, Gaia, Nexus and Max (underrated show IMO)
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    For Ultraman i recommend Ultraman Nexus and Max (both underrated shows IMO)
    I actually have most of those (not Max or Nexus, though). I'm looking about getting into Sentai.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Power Rangers renewed to 2021, but next year's season name is still unknown.
    http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...1-nickelodeon/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Power Rangers renewed to 2021, but next year's season name is still unknown.
    http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...1-nickelodeon/
    Of f*cking course Nick won't let go of Power Rangers since now with more unnecesary "super" seasons, more cringeworthy fart jokes and more cringeworthy MMPR Nostalgia wank. the franchise has going downhill since Samurai Megaforce Dino Charge and Ninja Steel has been losing its quality and fanbase jumping ships with other franchises

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Um, let's move onto something more positive.

Let's us congratulate Kamer Rider Gaim for having the first . . . uh . . . okay, I don't know what's the right word to describe Oren Pierre Alfonzo (Kamen Rider Bravo) and I'm afraid to guess the right word because I'm afraid I'll be yelled at if I'm wrong.

However, let us congratulate Kamer Rider Gaium for being the first showing a character like Oren Pierre Alfonzo.

That reminds me, wasn't there a push a few years back for a male Pink Ranger? Push = folks online saying they wish it were so, but still.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    That reminds me, wasn't there a push a few years back for a male Pink Ranger? Push = folks online saying they wish it were so, but still.
    Yeah no not in good taste.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he