Fantastic Member

Default Does anybody know if the Rutger Hauer version of The Hitcher is coming in hi def

I saw a blurb on another site I follow over 2 years ago that it was finally happening, during the pandemic of course, then nothing? I’m guessing it’s dead? It’s one of my last upgrades, and I won’t get rid of the dvd version until it happens. Anyone?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Can t answer that but i am a huge fan of the actor. So many favorites like Ladyhawke, Batman begins, Salem s Lot, Blade runner (maybe that s why he s in Batman Begins), Flesh & Blood and Hitcher

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    I saw a blurb on another site I follow over 2 years ago that it was finally happening, during the pandemic of course, then nothing? I’m guessing it’s dead? It’s one of my last upgrades, and I won’t get rid of the dvd version until it happens. Anyone?

UK studio Second Sight Films is working on the 4K restoration of the film. They've neared completion (Their most recent update was in late June), but they don't have a release date yet......I'd question whether there'll be a domestic US release. If not, I'll just buy the import if I can find it at a reasonable price.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Oh man this movie scared the crap out of me when I was young. But I couldn't stop watching it. Brrrr.