Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Tokusatsu

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    you guys excited for King Ghidorah to appear in Godzilla 2???

I sure am

god damn this guy's the best.
    Can't wait till we see his character design.

I'm watching Buckaroo Banzai, God I wish they could have made like a Johnny Soko or something like this.

I feel like Toho and Legendary/WB are more excited about the appeal of Godzilla fighting King Kong (and I'm not immune to that: can't wait!) but I'm much more excited about seeing King Ghidorah, Rodan, and (especially) Mothra in a big budget Hollywood film.

Astonishing Member

Just finished KyuuKyuu Sentai GoGoV. I have to say, this is probably one of my favorite Sentai. I liked the rescue theme and the sibling relationships. I really liked the theme of family and how it was reflected on both sides with GoGoV being a family that disagrees on things but ultimately works together when it's important and the Psyma as a family that will often stab each other in the back. It's funny, because I'm also rather fond of its adaptation Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue but for different reasons. I liked PRLR because of how different it was from the previous seasons of PR. It was the first one to not be connected to the city of Angel Grove, the first to use human rather than alien technology, the first to have something other than Evil Space Aliens as villains. It was also the first to play up the Rangers as grown-up professionals, give us their last names right off the bat and the first to do without secret identities. I guess the next up is Timeranger, which I've heard some very good things about. I'm also looking forward to that Jetman release.

Build June Scans

spoilers:
    Build Genius Form, the obligatory final form, Cross-Z getting a recolored version of his default form, Mad Rogue's identity revealed and Los Bottles
    end of spoilers
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Just finished my second Sentai series Kyoryuger. Its definitely going on my list of favorite Toku shows. Thought my favorite Sentai was gonna be Go-Busters, but loved Kyoryuger a lot more. After watching some reviews of the show I'm under the impression post Kyoryuger shows aren't very good. Is that true? I've been watching Lupin Vs Pat and don't find it nearly as enjoyable as Kyoryuger.

Pretty much, I want to say Go-Onger sort of started the era, but Gokaiger and Shinkenger would be the diamonds in the rough. Those two aren't perfect but they are very good.

At this point in time I'll give every new series the first episode, but I lose interest before the 10th episode.

You say Kyo was your second? Oooo, you aint seen nothing yet. I suggest Dairanger, Jetman, Kakuranger, I can go on for awhile so honestly if you watch series from Geki backwards I would'nt be surprised if you find yourself enjoying it more and more for awhile.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    You say Kyo was your second? Oooo, you aint seen nothing yet. I suggest Dairanger, Jetman, Kakuranger, I can go on for awhile so honestly if you watch series from Geki backwards I would'nt be surprised if you find yourself enjoying it more and more for awhile.
    Since you mention Dairanger, I've been meaning to ask this question.

What exactly are the Gorma Tribe?

Are they wizards? Are they demons? I get that the monsters are themed after inanimate objects because the heroes use Chi (aka "life force"). What's with the three people in black leather and that weird emperor guy, though? Just what are they?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Since you mention Dairanger, I've been meaning to ask this question.

What exactly are the Gorma Tribe?

Are they wizards? Are they demons? I get that the monsters are themed after inanimate objects because the heroes use Chi (aka "life force"). What's with the three people in black leather and that weird emperor guy, though? Just what are they?
    I was just gonna say, all I recall is that they love to rock leather. lol

Only way I can describe them is kind of surreal and other dimensional. I only say that, because I remmber getting a glimpse of their leaders HQ where there were floating orbs and upside down pyramids I think.

The leather lackies specifcally kind of hit that spot in Sentai where the villains on the feild just had the obligatory hand blast and mouth blast.

Kamen Rider Zi-O's Official design leaked via Buttobasoul ad (a Gashapon arcade game) and rider's motif theme is a Time and his design is based of wristwatch rolex and the "Bug Eyes" has the katakana of Rider

IMG_20180706_072800.jpg
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm

Join the fun of Earth-27

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Kamen Rider Zi-O's Official design leaked via Buttobasoul ad (a Gashapon arcade game) and rider's motif theme is a Time and his design is based of wristwatch rolex and the "Bug Eyes" has the katakana of Rider

IMG_20180706_072800.jpg
    If he's another time-traveling Rider, I'll be curious to see how he's differentiated from Den-O, though I'm guessing his gimmick will be more about controlling time.

The colors give me Decade vibes too.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If he's another time-traveling Rider, I'll be curious to see how he's differentiated from Den-O, though I'm guessing his gimmick will be more about controlling time.

The colors give me Decade vibes too.
    It looks more Hibiki. Now that you mention it I really wish they put more effort into Decade it was an anniversary series for pity's sake. If they could bring back the old cast at least animate it instead.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 07-06-2018 at 11:45 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Wooo, I need to see more. These rider designs are getting rougher on the eyes and glaringly literal.

Ultraman CGI Anime adaptation based of the AU manga is announced as a Netflix exclusive worldwide

Join the fun of Earth-27

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Ultraman CGI Anime adaptation based of the AU manga is announced as a Netflix exclusive worldwide
    Got my hopes up this was related to the Ultraman CG video trailer whatever it was from a few years back.

Join the fun of Earth-27